British Speedway Forum

Josef Franc won the Marketa Open meeting at Prague tonight and therefore he is chosen as the wildcard rider for the Prague GP.

Reserves: Václav Milik and Zdeněk Holub.

Subject to confirmation by the FIM... :wink:

Josef Franc won the Marketa Open meeting at Prague tonight and therefore he is chosen as the wildcard rider for the Prague GP.

Reserves: Václav Milik and Zdeněk Holub.

Subject to confirmation by the FIM... :wink:

Surprised that the Prague SGP Wildcard has been given to the winner of the Marketa Open.

The line up was poor in my opinion, and I would have been surprised if Josef Franc had not won the meeting.

http://www.speedway-prague.cz/index.php/archiv-aktualit/240-josef-franc-vyhral-marketa-open

Konečné pořadí:

1. Josef Franc 13 (3,2,3,2,3) + 1. ve finále

2. Václav Milík 14 (3,3,2,3,3) + 2. ve finále

3. Andrej Kudrjašov 14 (3,3,3,3,2) + 3. ve finále

4. Roman Čejka 12 (2,2,3,3,2) + 4. ve finále

5. Zdeněk Holub 11 (3,3,2,2,1)

6. Jan Holub 9 (2,2,1,1,3)

7. Hynek Štichauer 9 (2,2,1,2,2)

8. Tomáš Suchánek 8 (R,1,3,1,3)

9. Ondřej Smetana 8 (2,3,2,0,1)

10. Michal Škurla 6 (1,1,1,1,2)

11. Michal Klein 5 (1,1,1,3,0)

12. Santiago Martinez 5 (1,1,2,0,1)

13. Filip Hájek 3 (0,0,1,2,0)

14. Daniel Hádek 0 (Fd,-,-,-,-) - los

15. Martin Málek 0 (Fd,-,-,-,-) - los

16. Jan Jaroš 0 (R,-,-,-,-) - los

Jízdy:

1. Franc, Štichauer, Škurla, Hájek

2. Z. Holub, Smetana, Martínez, Hádek (Fd)

3. Milík, Čejka, Klein, Suchánek (R1)

4. Kudrjašov, J. Holub, Málek (Fd), Jaroš (N)

5. Z. Holub, J. Holub, Suchánek, Hájek

6. Milík, Štichauer, Martínez

7. Kudrjašov, Čejka, Škurla

8. Smetana, Franc, Klein

9. Čejka, Martínez, Hájek

10. Kudrjašov, Z. Holub, Štichauer, Klein

11. Suchánek, Smetana, Škurla

12. Franc, Milík, J. Holub

13. Klein, Hájek

14. Čejka, Štichauer, J. Holub, Smetana

15. Milík, Z. Holub, Škurla

16. Kudrjašov, Franc, Suchánek, Martínez

17. Milík, Kudrjašov, Smetana, Hájek

18. Suchánek, Štichauer

19. J. Holub, Škurla, Martínez, Klein

20. Franc, Čejka, Z. Holub

Finále: Franc, Milík, Kudrjašov, Čejka

I'm travelling to the Prague GP. Can anyone help with directions to the Marketa from the city centre Old Square by public transport. Does anyone know of a good bar near the Marketa to watch UK sport as there is a test match on TV during the day.

thank you

Just look out for Tram 22 mate takes you near enough to the stadium don't know about bars near the stadium

There is a bar outside the stadium doubt they would have the test match on long time since i've been to Prague there is an Irish bar on Old town square that did have sky,and guinness and tia maria as a winter warmer.

Think Ales Dryml is next in line to replace any injured riders-will certainly please one Oxford fan i can think of.

Will please the other 15 riders as well, that's one rider they won't have to worry about.

• Like 1

Will please the other 15 riders as well, that's one rider they won't have to worry about.

UNLESS he rides like he did at your place!

I'm travelling to the Czech Gp from England, my first overseas speedway GP. Really looking forward to ,it's been a brilliant season so far

I'm travelling to the Prague GP. Can anyone help with directions to the Marketa from the city centre Old Square by public transport. Does anyone know of a good bar near the Marketa to watch UK sport as there is a test match on TV during the day.

thank you

Just look out for Tram 22 mate takes you near enough to the stadium don't know about bars near the stadium

Yes the 22 is the tram to catch, just make sure you are heading in the right direction. The tram needs to be going to Bila Hora.

There aren't any decent bars around the stadium to my knowledge, much better hanging around the city during the day.

UNLESS he rides like he did at your place!

He wasn't that good Phil, he had 7 rides as well.

Well past his best that's why he is a reserve at Belle Vue.

I'm travelling to the Czech Gp from England, my first overseas speedway GP. Really looking forward to ,it's been a brilliant season so far

thank you

Pragues a great city, plenty to see and do.

As for the stadium/GP itself. It'll rain either just before the GP or during it, it's some sort of Czech GP law :neutral: There is one pub outside the stadium(Na hvězdě), it looks like a hellish place on the outside (mind you, so does most of the area around the stadium) but it serves a reasonaly priced pint and its where people who want a drink gather pre-meeting. That said a pint in the stadium always used to cost less than outside!

Stay in the centre of Prague as late as you can would be my suggestion and then squash on a 22 tram to the stadium with loads of other speedway fans. As for coming back, get on the 22 tram going the wrong way (so heading to Bila Hora), it goes up one stop turns around and comes back to the stadium and takes about 5 minutes, the alternative is to queue for 45 minutes and not get a seat :D

Pragues a great city, plenty to see and do.

As for the stadium/GP itself. It'll rain either just before the GP or during it, it's some sort of Czech GP law :neutral: There is one pub outside the stadium(Na hvězdě), it looks like a hellish place on the outside (mind you, so does most of the area around the stadium) but it serves a reasonaly priced pint and its where people who want a drink gather pre-meeting. That said a pint in the stadium always used to cost less than outside!

Stay in the centre of Prague as late as you can would be my suggestion and then squash on a 22 tram to the stadium with loads of other speedway fans. As for coming back, get on the 22 tram going the wrong way (so heading to Bila Hora), it goes up one stop turns around and comes back to the stadium and takes about 5 minutes, the alternative is to queue for 45 minutes and not get a seat :D

Is the tram the best way to get there ? It's says on the website catch a train to Petriny from Hradcanska.