British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Glasgow Tigers Pl 12 July 2013

Courtesy of Edinburgh Monarchs speedway

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1388

After a spirited display from Glasgow Tigers last Sunday and with news of another signing for the west coast club perhaps a corner has been turned by them.

Will this mean they visit Armadale with a bit more confidence? Only time will tell.

The weather is already of the very blue and very gold variety with more forecast for tomorrow.

Here's hoping for a big derby crowd.

His average doesn't change till Sunday. It isn't another mistake by Edinburgh.

Hope we put up a fight...will be interesting to see if we have signed anyone and who has lost their place

Hope we put up a fight...will be interesting to see if we have signed anyone and who has lost their place

Ruan?

Gutted missing another derby but i'm feeling that confident that we will win i'm going to come out of retirement for one time only to predict the monarchs to win this one by 25.

Whoever Glasgow may be signing he will not be at Edinburgh which has been announced on the monarchs website.

Gutted missing another derby but i'm feeling that confident that we will win i'm going to come out of retirement for one time only to predict the monarchs to win this one by 25.

Whoever Glasgow may be signing he will not be at Edinburgh which has been announced on the monarchs website.

Don't think anyone else is gutted you'll be missing.

If Tigers are to consolidate, they'll surely be dumping the quite awful Mr Raun -- the Danish Penfold.

If Tigers are to consolidate, they'll surely be dumping the quite awful Mr Raun -- the Danish Penfold.

Not necessarily, we are quite poor at reserve, depending on averages could drop one of Ringwood or Jacobs, sending Raun to reserve, however the rider coming in would have to be scoring from the off. Realistically though it will be a replacement for Raun. Still struggling with no home match for 3 weeks when the weather is glorius.

Jonas Raun gained his 5.6 average in 2007 at Newcastle. I'm not sure what happened then but in speedwayresults.com he rode no meetings at all 2009-2011, then had 20 meetings in Denmark last season. This year he has had a few in Denmark, scoring quite well, and four in the UK.

That makes me think you're comments are unfair. He hasn't had a chance. He didn't look all that bad to me last Sunday, his performance could be said to be consistent with a reasonable rider who hasn't had enough matches yet.

• Like 1

Not necessarily, we are quite poor at reserve, depending on averages could drop one of Ringwood or Jacobs, sending Raun to reserve, however the rider coming in would have to be scoring from the off. Realistically though it will be a replacement for Raun. Still struggling with no home match for 3 weeks when the weather is glorius.

if we were to drop either joey or joe, it would be bager that would go to reserve in the first instance, until new averages kick in. but me personally, i would drop neither - so i am guessing it could either be andre or jonas to go? this would give us around 8.5pts to play with. could we then bring someone in with that sort of average, and move grieves to number 3 to give the team a wee bit better balance?

Edited by cheggie

if we were to drop either joey or joe, it would be bager that would go to reserve in the first instance, until new averages kick in. but me personally, i would drop neither - so i am guessing it could either be andre or jonas to go? this would give us around 8.5pts to play with. could we then bring someone in with that sort of average, and move grieves to number 3 to give the team a wee bit better balance?

Perhaps it is Compton to go, he was signed initially on a 28 day contract which must be up about now. Hopefully we find out over the weekend.

Perhaps it is Compton to go, he was signed initially on a 28 day contract which must be up about now. Hopefully we find out over the weekend.

Off the two we brought in Compton is the one we need to keep and extend his contract until the end of the season Raun has shown up until now nothing and is the one who should be replaced if we do we have up to 8.62 to replace him with