British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

I would like to see Kozza Smith back, aside from the high fives he's actually done a good job for the Bandits in a tough posistion. Kozza would be the perfect No3 or No5.

Bellego if signed, should be used at 2 his scores are consistant to his average usually at worst. He can only get better..

Paul Starke would be a very handy 2nd reserve

Alden, Aspegren, and Barrett I wouldnt be in a rush to sign any of them

Wethers - He's not our rider and as Emilali states he isn't our rider nor is he getting younger

Aspegren - Talented bloke, very stylish on his day very hitty missy, to be a success as a Bandit unless you can find speed like Complin you need to gate consistantly.. Robin leaves himself a lot to do

Barrett - Dissapointing

Strength in Depth

1.Kozza Smith

2.David Bellego

3.Matt Wethers

4.Ulrich Ostergaard

5.Micky Dyer

6.Henning Bager

7.Paul Starke

Top Heavy

1. Patrick Hougaard/Ryan Fisher

2. David Bellego

3. Kozza Smith

4. Matt Wethers

5. Micky Dyer/Kauko Neimenen

6. Paul Starke

7. Joe Jacobs

Robin's two teams each had one asset. Sorry, but meanwhile, in the real world....

You seem to speak very authoritatively about all aspects of the Bandits but as you clearly stated earlier our asset base is small and in fact on current showing there is only one rider who would merit a place next season so where are you in the real world and please enlighten us with your solution as I am sure any fan who pitches up and pays his money on a weekly basis would love to know your solution to such a crisis.

Hes not really let anyone down but I cant see him adding anything to his average if they bring him back, can you?

Probably not, but he's been the one rider that has been fairly predictable at least this season.

Good, solid team man.

• Like 2

Yeah think its time to call in Kirstie Allsop no more papering over the cracks its time for a complete makeover this time we need to bring in new blood. Why don't we have a meeting and invite some potential prospects along before the end of the season let the dog see the rabbit that kind of thing just a thought to fill in the space between 31st Aug and 21st Sept. :approve:

Hopefully the recent under-21 meeting did that,though with Berwick being saturday night track its a bit of a gamble taking on a rider who is very likely to be called into international meetings on a saturday or Sunday,especially if those meetings dont carry a facility.So maybe a rider who is just out of the under-21 meetings zone but young enough to have his best days infront of him should be on the radar.Hopefully our scouting system will come up with such a rider,or of course we could produce our own but thats not a quick fix.

Robin's two teams each had one asset. Sorry, but meanwhile, in the real world....

I think the point is that by having a decent asset base,not only would it give Berwick more of their own riders to choose from but it would mean they wouldnt have to pay out on loan fees and keeping money within the club cant be a bad thing.Also if our asset base was big enough we could actually see money coming into the club.

I would build the Team around ,Alden,Smith and Bellego possibly take a chance on a YOUNG foreigner if we can find any willing to commit to Saturday racing.

I would build the Team around ,Alden,Smith and Bellego possibly take a chance on a YOUNG foreigner if we can find any willing to commit to Saturday racing.

Wouldnt disagree with you on those three,but we`ll have to wait to see how Smith gets on with his Longtrack GP Qualifier as if he qualifys there would be little point in signing him given the amount of weekend meetings he would miss.

I would add Wethers: he has been very solid for us and has been often overlooked as he has delivered almost completely without fail.

So would i think he is the one who has put most on his average this year no doubt i stand to be corrected?
  • Like 1

So would i think he is the one who has put most on his average this year no doubt i stand to be corrected?

Your right,figures taken from the BASPA site show that Wethers started on a 5-66 average,his current figure is 6-73.That suggests a more than decent season,a return to the Berwick line up for next year might depend on what Edinburgh do with him.

• Like 1

Yeah get Matty back, top of the list.

A good, competitive rider like Matty is always a good starting point.

• Like 1

Wouldnt disagree with you on those three,but we`ll have to wait to see how Smith gets on with his Longtrack GP Qualifier as if he qualifys there would be little point in signing him given the amount of weekend meetings he would miss.

The Longtrack Qualiflier GP takes place on Sept 22nd,Berwick are at home to Rye House on the 21st,hopefully Smith will be at Shielfield.

22nd also the date for PLRC at sheffield

Berwick Bandits rider Ricky Ashworth has been taken off a life support machine and is now breathing unaided, it emerged tonight.

The Salford-based speedway rider remains in a coma at Hull Royal Infirmary, where he has been ever since his accident during Berwick’s away meeting at Scunthorpe almost four weeks ago.

But there was more encouraging news tonight when Bandits team manager Ian Rae and his family went to visit Ricky in hospital. He was warmly greeted by Ricky’s dad Dave, step mum Pam and sister Jade.

The rider has been moved out of the high dependency unit and is responding to voices.

A statement on the Berwick Bandits facebook page read: “Ricky is now out of the High Dependancy Unit and now in a very small ward. He is no longer on a life support system and is breathing unaided. Although Ricky remains in an un induced coma , he is responding to voices.

2081157913.jpg

“Today when Ian took Ricky’s hand and spoke to him Ricky responded by opening his eyes and squeezing Ian’s hand.

“Doctors are continually monitoring his situation and it is hoped that Ricky will be transferred to a neurological ward in a hospital in his home town of Salford in the next few days.”

Ricky’s sister Jade revealed on a social networking site at the weekend that Ricky had ‘squeezed her hand’ when she sat at his bedside.