British Speedway Forum

When is the AGM to decide what's happening next year in terms of leagues etc ??

With the end of this season fast approaching, riders / sponsors etc will need to sort out affairs for next year so will there be any sense of urgency from the powers that be ?

With the end of this season fast approaching, riders / sponsors etc will need to sort out affairs for next year so will there be any sense of urgency from the powers that be ?

If there is I think it will be "a first" for the sport. :icon_smile_clown:

My 8 year old cocker spaniel Ash could do a better job than the current buffoons who run british speedway not so sure about my 16 year old son but as the only word he mumbles is" whatever"he would probably be perfect.

• Like 3

To answer your question Jonny, the AGM is usually about 22 to 24th November each year.

...but usually with a 'pre-AGM' sometime around now I think?! Its often been said - even by some promoters - that the AGM should be earlier. Other countries' leagues seem to agree their structures well before the BSPA's.

My 8 year old cocker spaniel Ash could do a better job than the current buffoons who run british speedway not so sure about my 16 year old son but as the only word he mumbles is" whatever"he would probably be perfect.

I have a friend who is a promoter of speedway racing and some of the hoops he has to jump through are mind boggling. It will take someone very extraordinary to sort out the problems afflicting domestic speedway. Guest riders alone is just a total mine field.

...but usually with a 'pre-AGM' sometime around now I think?! Its often been said - even by some promoters - that the AGM should be earlier. Other countries' leagues seem to agree their structures well before the BSPA's.

its one thing thats always bugged me - other countries seem to have their teams in place for the following season by the time of the BSPA conference

They SIMPLY MUST know what's going down next season!!!!

With the season officially ending at the end of October, the monies that have to pass between clubs, for transfers and away meetings, etc, is finalised for the final accounts to be presented at the AGM. Clubs also need to re-assess their position in order to say whether they are running or not in the following year. In the pre AGM meeting, the limits are initially agreed, and most teams make some signings ahead of the confirmation of the actual points limits. It really is only the fixtures which are not started till after the AGM, when it is confirmed who is running or not.

So the season will end at EL level, for the most part by the middle of September.

Two months then get wasted.

Then there's the AGM on or around the 3rd weekend of November.

Then it's only 4 working week's til the Christmas / New Year break

And with the whole root and branch structure of the sport in need of revamping and redesigning, you have to wonder where they will find the time to reconstruct the sport let alone sign any riders or agree a fixture list in time for next March.

• Like 1

So the season will end at EL level, for the most part by the middle of September.

Two months then get wasted.

Then there's the AGM on or around the 3rd weekend of November.

Then it's only 4 working week's til the Christmas / New Year break

And with the whole root and branch structure of the sport in need of revamping and redesigning, you have to wonder where they will find the time to reconstruct the sport let alone sign any riders or agree a fixture list in time for next March.

A joke they should be ahead of the game and have things in place now.

They SIMPLY MUST know what's going down next season!!!!

I know what's going down next season, it's the sport, "it's going down the pan".

If the promoters havent started talking about next year by now then god help the sport

everyone can see the mess its in, everyone knows there is no sky money coming in, lets hope they understand the situation and dont just bury their heads in the sand again, as usual.

how many PL tracks dont have an air fence? and how many of them cant afford to buy one?

lots and lots of factors that are already known now, including how much each promoter has lost this season, so there is no need to wait until november, everything can be sorted now

• Like 1

It doesn't help riders trying to attract sponsors if they can't say where / what league they'll be riding in either.