British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

Should be another good one, and another big crowd just like there was at Monmore tonight. Brummies have a two pt lead but I'm sure Wolves will come right back at us. Who will guest for Tai and will Josh Auty be fit or not. If not then I would stick with Tully ( If the rules allow), he rode well tonight and was pretty decent at Brum in our PL days.

Sky might have to get a move on, as curfew is strict 10pm at Brum and both matches ran over tonight, lets hope theres not many hold ups.

Not sure on the big crowd bit.

Wolves losing at home is likely to make those fans intending to travel before the result quite possibly not bother now.

Brum deserve a good crowd for this tho, but i wouldn't count on a huge swelling of Wolves fans making the trip as well.

NKI's injury could have settled the tie in more ways than one.

The ONLY chance Wolves would have next week would be a fit NKI and Lindgren going through the card and clocking up 29pts between them, leaving 17 needed from the other 5 for a draw on aggregate.

If Niels is out, that remote chance looks to have gone also.

Brummies should run out comfortable winners but I'll be there to see it.

If we go into this match thinking we have one hand on the trophy then it could come back and bite us. Make no bones this will be tough but my gut feeling is that we have enough to finish the job. My biggest worry is how long it took to finish the match. We will have to get a wriggle on as we have a curfew of 10pm.

If we go into this match thinking we have one hand on the trophy then it could come back and bite us.

Neither Brum or Wolves will have a sniff of a chance against Swindon, who will win both legs.

Neither Brum or Wolves will have a sniff of a chance against Swindon, who will win both legs.

Agree with you on that one Shovvy. Brummies need to pick the home leg first as they'll get a battering at Swindon and wouldn't be good for their promoters back pocket

I’ve heard rumours but only rumours so I don’t know if it’s true, but due to the cultural significance of this event to the local area of Birmingham, the club, the stadium owners, the local councillors and indeed the whole of Birmingham city council have agreed to allow fans to bring along French horns, vuvuzelas, kazoos, oboe’s, saxophones and stylophones to make as much noise as is possible.

I believe it is rumoured one councillor was quoted as saying ”we can’t allow air horns, but we do hope to make this play off like the Handsworth carnival, gay pride, St Patricks day, diwali and eid all rolled into one joy filled evening”

Also on hearing last night’s result, sources close to Perry Barr MP Khalid Mahmood are believed to have overheard him shouting” let’s just party” and unconfirmed reports say he then went on to sing “throw your hands in the air like you just don’t care”.

It is believed that Witherspoon's are to change the name of their pub in the one stop shopping centre from the Arthur Robertson to the Arthur Browning as a nod to Birmingham success.

At present the T on top of the BT tower in the city centre is being removed simply leaving the letter B

The Birmingham post and mail building are going to change the colour of their famous FORT DUNLOP sign to red and yellow.

Along with that, FREE radio who took the licence from legendary radio station BRMB are once again to broadcast as BRMB this time with the tag line “Brummies Really Mean Business”.

Whereas local BBC station Radio WM has countered this by announcing for the next week it will broadcast as Radio WolverhaMpton.

I cannot confirm or deny if any of this is true or not, so please don’t believe it.

For all the true Birmingham fans that stayed loyal from the 80’s (unlike me) and for the new generation of fans from 2007 I really hope the team makes it happen for you.

Edited by Pirio Barre
  • Like 7

Bjerre must be the alternative guest I'd have thought if Niels isn't fit or understandably doesn't fancy it

Bjerre must be the alternative guest I'd have thought if Niels isn't fit or understandably doesn't fancy it

And we thought last night was bad :D

Not sure on the big crowd bit.

Wolves losing at home is likely to make those fans intending to travel before the result quite possibly not bother now.

Brum deserve a good crowd for this tho, but i wouldn't count on a huge swelling of Wolves fans making the trip as well.

What a load of wimps. You mean that you only support your team when they are winning? I's only 9 miles; it's not like you have to go to Poole! :lol:

• Like 2

It is believed that Witherspoon's are to change the name of their pub in the one stop shopping centre from the Arthur Robertson to the Arthur Browning as a nod to Birmingham success.

Does Perry Barr have a wItherspoons? :rofl:

Bjerre as an alternative?? We would be better off with a National League reserve than the worst number one in play off history.

What a load of wimps. You mean that you only support your team when they are winning? I's only 9 miles; it's not like you have to go to Poole! :lol:

I support me team thru and thru i will have you know!

Losing at home in the 1st leg is likely to mean some wont bother with what will be seen as a formality of a 2nd leg.

That`s not just Wolves fans that is a lot of teams fans.

Does Perry Barr have a wItherspoons?

That's how we eat our desserts (or puddings if you prefer). :wink:

• Like 5