British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

• Am I being naïve… but am I the only one getting the feeling that Play-Off success is manufactured and manipulated.

Poole, albeit because of injury, have made so many changes this year… their line-up resembled a side pieced together for a benefit or testimonial meeting compared to the Brummies, an honest enough septet but really, a bit green around the gills and who played by the rules throughout the campaign, topped the table to lead the qualifiers, and yet have been found out for being too honest.

It is a bit like a wrestling match, the underdog has the upper hand throughout before the main contender, with spinach in hand, rips open it lid and throws it down his gullet, gaining strength, and, by jolly, just at the right time.

It is like that scene from the old black and white movie, the damsel tied to the track, the train approaching and the villain laughing. We know, it’s either a case of all blood and whatever or the damsel escapes.

Poole were always going to come out on top, and I found the celebrations a bit over the top by their officials. There was – and will be – no other outcome but another Poole triumph.

I don’t dislike Poole, they play by the rules (mostly) and deserve all their success and reputation as a leading – the leading – club in speedway. They don’t sit by idly when a top guy like Holder gets taken out, they act on it and succeed where others fail… this time Hancock’s return to British speedway. Is it that Poole tried to hard and gave him what he wanted, or others whinged and said he didn’t want to return?
    Well done Poole; commiserations, Birmingham.

I can remember reading somewhere that this was Matt's plan, to come on strong towards the end of the season, seems to me he did his level best to win at all costs at all times this season not just at the end though :-S

• Like 1

not gloating or anything like it just curious if they were doing anything that's all !

Sorry forgot the :wink: in the original post.

Book early is the only advice really.

Forecast for Sunday/Monday isn't brilliant at the moment.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/birmingham#?tab=meteo&map=SignificantWeather&fcTime=1381618800

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/birmingham#?tab=meteo&map=SignificantWeather&fcTime=1381705200

Trying to book tickets online for Monday but no answer on the number listed they are just cutting the call off. Anyone else having a problem?

Nice sloppy track will suit Poole tbh as proved at Belle Vue last month

Whats your problem, according to the forcast its going to pee down on Sunday and cloudy all day monday. IF, that is the case you may not have a drying wind but if you leave the track till dinnertime put down several,bags of Sawdust hoe in and it will dry.. Even better if they can cover just the bends.. IF, the forcast is right Im sure there curator will have it sorted.. ;)

Whats your problem, according to the forcast its going to pee down on Sunday and cloudy all day monday. IF, that is the case you may not have a drying wind but if you leave the track till dinnertime put down several,bags of Sawdust hoe in and it will dry.. Even better if they can cover just the bends.. IF, the forcast is right Im sure there curator will have it sorted.. ;)

As you seem to know how to prep a track maybe you should be track curator at Poole you may do a better job then the present one :P
  • Like 2

ONLY chance for the brummies is to make the track as grippy and deep as idiot for harris, doyle, barker and king.....

(and tell smolinski to just ride the inside)... ;)

Nice sloppy track will suit Poole tbh as proved at Belle Vue last month

If the track is a bit damp it will be grippy and suit our team of racers.

Oh dear, seems the Brummies are boxing themselves into a corner... Anybody for a call off... :rofl:

Oh dear, seems the Brummies are boxing themselves into a corner... Anybody for a call off... :rofl:

They seem to think a grippy track wont suit us!!

Poole are a great side dont get me wrong but racers!

Ward - phenomenal.

Thj - can be good from the back

Josh as well.

But Greg, Magic and Tungate are basically gating tarts though in the case of Greg world class.

Serious question - if by any chance it is called off, anyone know the likely rearranged date?????

Serious question - if by any chance it is called off, anyone know the likely rearranged date?????

Best that Birmingham get their points in by HT10, just in case the 'damp starts rising', eh?

Poole are a great side dont get me wrong but racers!

Ward - phenomenal.

Thj - can be good from the back

Josh as well.

But Greg, Magic and Tungate are basically gating tarts though in the case of Greg world class.

You didnt see gregs heat 3 ride on monday then

A serious answer to your serious question - I would guess Wednesday (but it is purely a guess as it depends on what SKY want doesn't it?)

Edited by kitten2502