British Speedway Forum

.... and even more good news..

not to be outdone by bsi's professional approach, british speedway has had its media group on the case and have got Tai on the QVC channel, three weeks this thursday, on its prestigious 2.46am slot, flogging tartan blankets and matching flasks.... :blink::D

• Like 6

Thank you Philip. :t::) :) B)

is it too early to start the campaining to get Tai nominated for Sports Personality of the Year? Okay we all know he wouldnt get it but surely a nomination at least

• Like 4

is it too early to start the campaining to get Tai nominated for Sports Personality of the Year? Okay we all know he wouldnt get it but surely a nomination at least

Understatement of the year...

Understatement of the year...

I think the two front runners are these named in The Telegraph?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sports-personality-of-the-year/10341547/Who-should-win-BBC-Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-Andy-Murray-or-Sir-Ben-Ainslie.html

There's much excitement on the BBC Breakfast sofa this morning, because World Speedway Champion Tai Woffinden is coming in, and he's bringing his bike.

.... and even more good news..

not to be outdone by bsi's professional approach, british speedway has had its media group on the case and have got Tai on the QVC channel, three weeks this thursday, on its prestigious 2.46am slot, flogging tartan blankets and matching flasks.... :blink::D

how much are the blankets, i reckon i could do a roaring trade flogging those off at rye house next season!.

Will suzanne straddle it ? Ding dong.

possibly - she was certainly impressed with the size of his gong!

for those of us already at work at this ungodly hour, how did tai do on his big break at the BBC!

Loved the interview with Tai, they even chatted about his body art...........

Also lots of fans outside they said as well.........

came across well..

the interviewer seemed clueless (but then she is about most things having seen her in the north west for a few years)..

he showed his 'tats' off which concerned me a bit as people watching may think speedway is a 'bit extreme' and up to date, and he didnt mention that it was simply a 'good old fashioned family sport' which disappointed me as this message has proved so successful over the years!!! ;)

all in all, well done Tai....

could speedway now have someone a younger generation can relate to? let's hope so..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

I thought he did really well. Slightly awkward studio setting (away from the sofa so they coould get the bike in) and with the odd camera getting caught in the frame, but the interviewer had obviously done some research and Tai acquitted himself very well. A good, albeit brief, advert for the sport. Let's hope we can use this very personable young man to push the sport forward in the UK.