British Speedway Forum

But it will be consistent throughout the season. However, points limits and cash might be an issue I suppose. Shame really.

True, But I highly doubt Birmingham & Coventry will be the only ones chasing his services, more so if more clubs join the EL.

Ben will never be short of offers, where ever he has ridden he's been a fan favourite so any club would be mad not to consider him even with his reputation for being a bit of a twit.

From this years team I can only see King and Covatti being retained. Rumours that Harris is going to Peterborough and Brum will struggle to agree deals with the other Bees assets. Barker and Auty maybe back at Brandon next year.

Danny and Nico are the only two I think will be back from this years team. Nico needs to double up next year if the rules allow it as I dont think he rode in enough meetings this year.

Four of this years side were Coventry owned riders and Mick Horton said after we went back on the Barker transfer that he wouldnt do any more business with Birmingham, so no Coventry assets at Brum next year. Doyle will be back at Swindon, would be very surprised if he wasnt back there. So could be all change on the team front and maybe behind the scenes given todays article in the Bham Mail talking about "internal strife" at the Brummies this year.

I think that King & Covatti are also the only two likely riders to remain,Would like Doyle to stay but realistically think he will be at Swindon,He has been brilliant and the best rider at Brum since Lyons imo.

The Coventry assets is anyone's guess but Barker for me would be in the Brummies 1-7 but maybe he will go back to the Bees.

Until the annual meeting decides the points rule and Sky show their hand it is all up in the air.I would hope that Phil Morris remains as Team Manager that is a must and first action hopefully by the owners.

• Like 1

Doyle has been excellent for the Brummies but noted that with the financial losses Swindon look to be considering using as many assets as possible. Plus they have always said they wanted to get Doyle back in the team.

Doyle has been excellent for the Brummies but noted that with the financial losses Swindon look to be considering using as many assets as possible. Plus they have always said they wanted to get Doyle back in the team.

Well that's fair enough.

Start from stratch, 7 new riders, get our own number 1, not somebody esles cast off or one year wonder.

Learn to gate on our own track and ride as a team, look for each other if Ward, holder or lindgren are 30 yards in front of you look round and see what your team mate is doing, you dont always have to win the race. Its a team event and sometimes a 3-3 will do.

Start from stratch, 7 new riders, get our own number 1, not somebody esles cast off or one year wonder.

Learn to gate on our own track and ride as a team, look for each other if Ward, holder or lindgren are 30 yards in front of you look round and see what your team mate is doing, you dont always have to win the race. Its a team event and sometimes a 3-3 will do.

Edited by *JJ

WONDER if Drury will still be there with just one year left on his contract, or will he leave and work on his special little book.

WONDER if Drury will still be there with just one year left on his contract, or will he leave and work on his special little book.

I can't imagine Alan Phillips will be too happy with some comments when he gets back and hears of them.

I can exclusively reveal that the book will be called "When You're Smiling-My Life in Speedway by Graham Drury"

Also a question about the ownership of the club, given in todays local paper its says Chris Luty is awaiting developments at the BSPA. Whatever that means?

Serious question - Does Nigel Pearson always do the Brummies stories in the Birmingham Mail?