British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Woffy out, replaced by Jacob Thorssell I believe.

Any news on whether Nicholls is at Lynn or in Poland?

He's just confirmed he will be in Poland

As soon as i read he was on his way to Sweden it was obvious he was on his way to the GP, it is a shame for the ELRC that once again the field looks more PL than EL.

Its a shame that the BSPA have just thrown this fixture in with little thought or care and at a time when so many of the TOP boys are injured.

Maybe if they altered the price tag for it it wouldn't look such a rip off price.

They deserve to have little support for the event.

Its a shame that the BSPA have just thrown this fixture in with little thought or care and at a time when so many of the TOP boys are injured.

Maybe if they altered the price tag for it it wouldn't look such a rip off price.

They deserve to have little support for the event.

Wasn't there a year when they invited other riders to come over and called it elite riders championship instead of elite league riders. Considering with advance booking you can see the swc for 15 quid and Cardiff for 29 quid and that includes a allocated sat!

Nicholls withdrawn due to re arranged polish fixture

1 Bjarne Pedersen (Eastbourne)
2 Davey Watt (Lakeside)
3 Matej Zagar (Belle Vue)
4 Maciej Janowski (Poole)
5 Chris Harris (Coventry)
6 Vaclav Milik (Poole)
7 Richard Lawson (Lakeside)
8 Hans Andersen (Coventry)
9 Peter Kildemand (Swindon)
10 Dakota North (Swindon)
11 Rory Schlein (King’s Lynn)
12 Jacob Thorssell (Wolverhampton)
13 Jason Doyle (Leicester)
14 Danny King (Lakeside)
15 Troy Batchelor (Swindon)
16 Robert Lambert (King’s Lynn).

I'm delighting to see robert lambert in the line up that's the £25 justified for me although I'm probably the only person with that opinion...also surely more likely to get a few locals through the gate

• Like 1

Can anybody else remember the sixties/seventies/eighties version the BLRC when it was THE meeting held at the zoo, often graced with a outstanding line up with the likes of Briggs, mauger, Olsen, michanek, Collins p, Nielsen, gundersen etc in front of sold out ticket only crowds

Ok it hasn't been essential for a good few years but it seems to me this line up reflects the state of the top league in Britain

• Like 3

Wasn't there a year when they invited other riders to come over and called it elite riders championship instead of elite league riders. Considering with advance booking you can see the swc for 15 quid and Cardiff for 29 quid and that includes a allocated sat!

Didn't they do that last year and this?

Who really wants to come over on a Thursday in the middle of a busy season??

Poor planning anyway. As usual!

• Like 1

1 Bjarne Pedersen (Eastbourne)

2 Davey Watt (Lakeside)

3 Matej Zagar (Belle Vue)

4 Maciej Janowski (Poole)

5 Chris Harris (Coventry)

6 Vaclav Milik (Poole)

7 Richard Lawson (Lakeside)

8 Hans Andersen (Coventry)

9 Peter Kildemand (Swindon)

10 Dakota North (Swindon)

11 Rory Schlein (King’s Lynn)

12 Jacob Thorssell (Wolverhampton)

13 Jason Doyle (Leicester)

14 Danny King (Lakeside)

15 Troy Batchelor (Swindon)

16 Robert Lambert (King’s Lynn).

Danny King is representing Birmingham. Also why is Nicholls allowed to miss this, this has been in the calender for months yet he opts to ride in Poland at the last minute. BSPA shouldnt allow it

Can anybody else remember the sixties/seventies/eighties version the BLRC when it was THE meeting held at the zoo, often graced with a outstanding line up with the likes of Briggs, mauger, Olsen, michanek, Collins p, Nielsen, gundersen etc in front of sold out ticket only crowds

Ok it hasn't been essential for a good few years but it seems to me this line up reflects the state of the top league in Britain

It was often said to be more difficult to win than a World Final.

Nowadays its only marginally better than the PLRC. Even that's stretching it.

I bet Robert Lambert didn't think he would progress this far in his first EL season and I wish him all the best but, my money is on Jason Doyle to pick up the trophy now.

Still a half decent line-up with all/most of the riders able to win. May not be up there with the 'good' old days, but we'll hopefully see some decent racing. Couldn't really pick a winner. Still say £25 is a bit steep, but with then end of the season near it's a must go meeting, as long as we don't have more drop outs before tomorrow night.