British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle 'v' Berwick 20-07-14

The guy needs to stick to drinking coke , larger is to strong for him

Edited by DSC67

I don't really know why you said to a lesser extent lindgren. When he made his way to 2nd from the back his bike might have not been right for his second race then worked hard to get it sorted won the next one and in that race lapped kus. Then for his final ride made a tremendous pass plus in his last two home meetings he has had maximums so you need to give this lad a break

I was trying to. Was my statement wrong? He did do well - but crucially in the context of this discussion - less well than Robbo and King. THAT is what I Posted. I was correct in what I said.

there you go again !!!,,, Stuey 8 + 2 from five, Lightning 7 + 1 from four,,, you do the maths, you cantancerous old git !!!

I tried to be nice and include him in the top three and this is what I get. Did I lie? No I didn't.

Robbo 8 + 2. Lingren 7 + 1 - I respectfully suggest that YOU do the Maths - not me. When I was at school Paid Ten was more than Paid 8. Oh - and Lindgren could have got a zero in his fifth Ride - had he had one - we will never know.

Edited by The White Knight

I was trying to. Was my statement wrong? He did do well - but crucially in the context of this discussion - less well than Robbo and King. THAT is what I Posted. I was correct in what I said.

I tried to be nice and include him in the top three and this is what I get. Did I lie? No I didn't.

Robbo 8 + 2. Lingren 7 + 1 - I respectfully suggest that YOU do the Maths - not me. When I was at school Paid Ten was more than Paid 8. Oh - and Lindgren could have got a zero in his fifth Ride - had he had one - we will never know.

Did both riders not have 7+1 after 4 though so both rode as well as each other?

On a side note in regards to the groupon next week, I was speaking to a regular fan last night who 99%of the time pays full price, they were a bit skint when the last groupon was on and bought a ticket as otherwise could not afford to go only to get told that he should not of bought one as he was a regular. I respect that they are aimed at new fans but instead of nitpicking at someone who normally goes and is short of cash maybe they could try and sort out the amount of people who get in for free and dont really do anything and stand about in the pits before having a go at paying customers.

When clubs are closing around the country we have numerous people getting in for free for doing nothing / very little and that puts the price of the season tickets up to probably the most expensive in the league. Berwicks season ticket is £199 i think for 17 matches, Workington only charge £250 for the season (with a programme) and ours is £330 and we might only get 20-22 matches (including 2 groupon deals) so does not really add up.

Edited by Gaz

Did both riders not have 7+1 after 4 though so both rode as well as each other?

On a side note in regards to the groupon next week, I was speaking to a regular fan last night who 99%of the time pays full price, they were a bit skint when the last groupon was on and bought a ticket as otherwise could not afford to go only to get told that he should not of bought one as he was a regular. I respect that they are aimed at new fans but instead of nitpicking at someone who normally goes and is short of cash maybe they could try and sort out the amount of people who get in for free and dont really do anything before having a go at paying customers.

When clubs are closing around the country we have numerous people getting in for free for doing nothing / very little and that puts the price of the season tickets up to probably the most expensive in the league. Berwicks season ticket is £199 i think for 17 matches and ours is £330 and we might only get 20-22 matches (and 2 groupon deals) so does not really add up.

You certainly could argue that point Gaz. But in the context of the Meeting/Result though, Robbo DID score more points.

I never thought my comments would be so contentious. Especially as I thought I as complimenting Lindgren for a change.

Decent nights racing in a meeting that had everything, falls, controversy and some good racing. Berwick were well in this meeting, and could probably have pinched a point or two but seemed to run out of steam towards the later races. Doolan and Kus were good for Berwick, Jensen and Wethers were ok and Carr deserved more for his efforts, however Berwick were let down by their no1 Vissing who sadly had his worst night of the season so far. Lack of race winners were Berwicks un-doing but they can be proud of their efforts.

King and Kerr were excellent for Newcastle, turning point for Newcastle was after having two poor outings Lindgren then went undefeated in his last two rides which went along way to open a gap in the scores.

Highlight of the night IMO was a Berwick fan who decided to walk up to the pits to throw a load of bile at Simon Nielsen, after making a bit of a testical of himself beat a hasty retreat.

I wasnt at meeting Screm but wonder if Vissing was still problemed with knee he appeared to hurt in Pairs meeting??

I wasnt at meeting Screm but wonder if Vissing was still problemed with knee he appeared to hurt in Pairs meeting??

He was 2nd in his opening ride, but took a tumble in his 3rd ride, which may have aggravated it, as he retired in his 4th (and last) ride.

Stop digging :lol:

I seem to remember Nicki trying to knock Jesper Olsen off...... his team-mate..... at Press & Practice...... George English nearly had kittens/a heart attack* :shock:

*Delete where applicable!

I remember that, it was a three way race with Brent Werner and Nicki was laying down his presence.

I remember that, it was a three way race with Brent Werner and Nicki was laying down his presence.

I thought there was a third rider involved, but couldn't remember who it was.... I just remember George shouting.. "There trying to kill each other!!!"

You certainly could argue that point Gaz. But in the context of the Meeting/Result though, Robbo DID score more points.

I never thought my comments would be so contentious. Especially as I thought I as complimenting Lindgren for a change.

Eh.

Possibly try a bit harder next week then Ian.

I thought there was a third rider involved, but couldn't remember who it was.... I just remember George shouting.. "There trying to kill each other!!!"

I was on the centre green, watching the starts. Pretty equal at that time, but Jesper in front of Nicki, with Brent a very close third, but Nicki was determined to win the practice race, which he did right at the end. Nicki was born. :P

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Also remember him and Stu Swales having to be separated after a race also.One of my all time favourites though with Joe Owen, Derek Richardson and Rod Hunter.

Edited by acclennell

Also remember him and Stu Swales having to be separated after a race also.One of my all time favourites though with Joe Owen, Derek Richardson and Rod Hunter.

Remember that. Stu would get ahead of Nicki, and Nicki expected Stu to get off the white line, which was Stu's only racing line. :P

Vissing may well have aggravated his knee injury when falling in his third ride as he was well out of sorts for his last ride.

Doolan has had his critics of late but he rode well last night, hopefully the new bits on his bike are doing the trick. IMO Berwick can be proud of their efforts last night, maybe more race wins was needed, but all they played their part in a good night speedway, though looking at some other social media I`m wondering if I was at Newcastle last night.

• Like 1

Vissing may well have aggravated his knee injury when falling in his third ride as he was well out of sorts for his last ride.

Doolan has had his critics of late but he rode well last night, hopefully the new bits on his bike are doing the trick. IMO Berwick can be proud of their efforts last night, maybe more race wins was needed, but all they played their part in a good night speedway, though looking at some other social media I`m wondering if I was at Newcastle last night.

Yes they seemed to be in with great chance until that 5-0 against. Lots of teams have taken a hammering at Newcastle lately.

your post included him in the top four, after King, Kerr and Robson,,, so in answer to the question,,, 'your lying now',,,

7 from 4, is better (average wise), than 8 from 5,,, 1.75 pts per ride, v 1.6 pts per ride,,, you try to add that Lindgren, might of, if he did, BUT,,, the FACT is that he did'nt,,, yet you still find some way of having a dig,,, 'to lesser extent', if you were trying to be nice, you may have just put 'and',,, plus, it's easier to spell and quicker to type :-)