British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maddogfiorahavelock

Redcar Bears V Scunthorpe Scorpions 24/7/14

can someone please explain to me why Thomas Jorgensen never gets a

run out in heat 15.

I'll second that......seems strange.

Blew both his engines i think, although would still have put him out on borrowed machinery

Blew both his engines i think, although would still have put him out on borrowed machinery

yes.have found out he was having bike problems

Even so surely you'd stick him on somebody else's machine?

Dreadful referee last night, Thomas didn't move yet gets pulled back.

He clearly jumped in 1 heat - not sure about the rest.

Although he should surely have been excluded in one heat as well. Was warned in the first running, then got called back in the next re-run for him jumping but not excluded?

He was excellent value last night though - enjoyed watching him.

Although he should surely have been excluded in one heat as well. Was warned in the first running, then got called back in the next re-run for him jumping but not excluded?

I know where your coming from as per rules but the rule is daft. As long as a rider does not

touch or break the tapes in my book that is a brilliant start .

Obviously Thomas seems to have a problem with the start rules.

Obviously Thomas seems to have a problem with the start rules.

Or maybe he's an excellent starter, who doesn't actually move early, and therefore the refs should let the races go?

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Heat 1? I'm pretty sure that was Klindt that moved? As for Thomas, watch his reactions they are lighting fast, the reaction time is 0.5 of a second as measured by sports analysist @Loughborough university, but of course they could be wrong too, of which I doubt. And by now I'm pretty sure this sport would benefit from transponders, but as it's a loss loser I'm sure SCB won't let the sport move forward.

I know where your coming from as per rules but the rule is daft. As long as a rider does not

touch or break the tapes in my book that is a brilliant start .

Totally agree with this - would cut down on a lot of restarts like we had last night as well. But if the rules are there they should be applied consistently.

Heat 1? I'm pretty sure that was Klindt that moved? As for Thomas, watch his reactions they are lighting fast, the reaction time is 0.5 of a second as measured by sports analysist @Loughborough university, but of course they could be wrong too, of which I doubt. And by now I'm pretty sure this sport would benefit from transponders, but as it's a loss loser I'm sure SCB won't let the sport move forward.

I did say in 1 heat, not heat 1. To be quite honest that is possibly true though, he could have excellent reactions. From the naked eye he appeared to get a flyer and that is the issue with the rules as they currently are. As above, should just change the rules as long as the tapes aren't broken.

Dreadful referee last night, Thomas didn't move yet gets pulled back.

I stand on the start line and I can confirm, that he most definitely jumped in the first running of heat 2 and also in another heat with Hugh Skidmore in it.

I stand on the start line and I can confirm, that he most definitely jumped in the first running of heat 2 and also in another heat with Hugh Skidmore in it.

what is your definition of a jump.Mine is moving before the tapes go up and you touch or break

the tapes otherwise its brilliant reflexes and a great start.