British Speedway Forum

Like Middlo would say `its what kids do these days`.

No doubt the Poole fans will jump to his defence.

Like Middlo would say `its what kids do these days`.

No doubt the Poole fans will jump to his defence.

Not this one, no defence

A supreme talent intent on chucking it all away.

Daft bugger.

again drink and drugs what a moron

Darcy Ward fails pre match alcohol breath test at Daugavpils Grand Prix. Darcy has been withdrawn from the meeting.

Darcy Ward: "I received some bad family news yesterday." "I had a few drinks too and guess I had a few too many." "I was only marginally over the limit" "I guess I was not hydrated enough" "It's been the worst day of my life"

The 22-year-old is due to attend a jury meeting following this afternoon's event in Riga at which he will give his version of events.

Based on that meeting, a decision will then be made on what punishment, if any, will be handed out. A suspension and/or fine are possible penalties that Ward could face.

His team manager at Poole, Neil Middleditch, politely declined to comment on the matter in detail.

However, Middleditch told the Daily Echo: "I do not condone Darcy's actions but there are some mitigating circumstances which will come to light."

As others have said there is unfortunately no excuse and a ban should be expected.

Edited by Charizard

Cant wait to hear Middlo try and defend him now…...

He will, he always has done so far. Cant see him not doing so this time again.

Does anyone know what the rules says for a failed alcohol test? Any further consecuences then a ban from this GP?