British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Play Offs Decided

Why do SKY insist on both matches simultaneously?

Why can't we just have one on the Monday and one on the Tuesday?

Or is that impractical?

Will Barker be back for play offs? If not, will Coventry use R/R again?

Its hoped he will be back but his movement is still very restricted. I'd be tempted to go R/R at home especially if Hansen continues his form on Friday.

Funny how Matt didn't say, "I'm not picking Coventry the obvious choice because after the winter of 2010/2011 I've not been back there...."

Exactly, the idea as Tatum kept alluding too, that Uncle Matt would choose Coventry is laughable. If Kings Lynn had finished top and chosen Swindon, then he would be frantically booking a late summer break for next Monday.

One thing is definite poole will be getting more coverage in the playoff than any of the other teams

felt like the matt ford show last nite,

imagine if it was poole againt belle vue last nite and rob lyon had first pick ,

the camera wouldnt of been off middlo and ford all nite , and the second lyon picked, the camera would of gone straight to poole for there opinion

big opportunity lost because of sky's love in for poole

why didnt they get all the managers together in the pits lyon, havelock , horton , at the time ford picked and get there instant reaction , instead we had a half arsed interview with them minutes later and havys didnt get asked till half throught there match

Can't wait for the Lynn vs Poole encounter on Monday.

I envisage a very bad tempered affair just like the good old days with Buster frequenting the referees box on more than one occasion.

How I laughed the night he took the ref a Poole race jacket,anyone else remember that?

We'll known by now that a certain pair of commentators will be rooting for Poole and inadvertently playing into KLs hands as I think the whole 'pro Poole' thing will spur the stars on to win.

Just hope Kenneth is fit and up for it and that the guest is a worthy one.

BRING IT ON!

It has really taken the shine off the Play offs with the team with the most money to fork out for the top guest riders will go and win the play offs.

They should be made to stick by the rules and only chose riders with the correct averages to ride for the missing riders.

I know it will then play into the hands of Swindon that have managed to get to the end of the year with a full in form team.

But rules are rules non the less, all this falsifing of the rules to make up the strongest team that money can buy is totally wrong.

It has really taken the shine off the Play offs with the team with the most money to fork out for the top guest riders will go and win the play offs.

They should be made to stick by the rules and only chose riders with the correct averages to ride for the missing riders.

I know it will then play into the hands of Swindon that have managed to get to the end of the year with a full in form team.

But rules are rules non the less, all this falsifing of the rules to make up the strongest team that money can buy is totally wrong.

It's another 6 days before the play offs starts and plenty of meetings for Swindon riders to get by before anyone can say they have a full side for the play offs .

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused by your comments. Yes money might buy the best guests, tho that's a metter of opinion, but I fail to see how money will allow a team to have guests not of the correct average. Surely that's against the rules and would be subject to protest. That's something Lynn are not afraid to do ;)

I'm not the greatest fan of Poole, I think they are smug and can be arrogant but they deserve the top spot, they earned it.

What drugs are you on? Poole have done nothing wrong - for once!

A couple of questions for those in the know - firstly, in terms of cheque books, who do people reckon has more money, Keith Chapman or Matt Ford? Secondly, if it's true that Sky want Poole to win the play offs, why would that be? Do they own part of Poole or what?

I think Ford pays thier wages Haha. They are so far up his backside it is unreal. Lost count of how many times they managed between them to mention that Darcy Ward was missing. It got very boring in the end.

It is now the end of that issue until the FIA come up with the ruling. If he isn't banned for at least a year then someone is pulling some pretty hefty strings.

Not on any drugs for once Poole have done it fair and square, so I give them thier full dues for that. It is the matter of the play off's that is the question, not who came top of the league.

If any team wins it by pulling strings to get riders that are just there to make the teams in the play off's look good, then yes it will be wrong.

I hope for once that they abide by the rules and run teams that they are entiled to run. I know it will make a farce of the play off's to see teams that are without top stars, but they all could have ended up in the same boat and it may still happen, I hope not as I would hate to see anymore riders injured this year, we are getting far to many of them now.

Something has got to alter, to slow the bikes down and make them more controlable, before riders get injured to never ride again or get killed, because that is the way things are going.

It is even worse with the younger riders and there have been some hoorid accident to them this year.

We have got to do something before it is to late.

I hope the play off go well and who ever wins out of the 4 teams will be a well desreved winner of the play off's but in my thinking not the Elite League as that has already been discided

Why has the second leg of the final been moved to a wednesday?

I was just going to ask the same question.. Both legs in same week

I assume its to leave the following Monday for a possible rain off?

• Like 1