British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle V Edinburgh Koc Semi-final ?

And there's me thinking you were terrified of meeting the toothless tigers ;)

Wouldn't commit to new dates and even a double header two days in a row, to help get the tie done and dusted, but the answer was always no.

Not sure what you're saying, you may need to clarify if I have it wrong?

So because George put a spanner in the works of an already arranged fixture and then backed down he's suddenly some sort of messiah?

You have Riggers. Not for the first time, mind. Wonder where you will be on Sunday. 'If you have any brains you will be there', so I expect you to be at the footie.

• Like 1

You have Riggers. Not for the first time, mind. Wonder where you will be on Sunday. 'If you have any brains you will be there', so I expect you to be at the footie.

Indeed I said that I might have it wrong which is why I asked for clarification oh mighty one. What exactly did good old George do to make us all stand back in amazement? You also clearly didn't realise that the football is Chelsea v Arsenal on Sky so it's unlikely I'll be at it, but then again, attention to detail isn't your strong point is it?

Indeed I said that I might have it wrong which is why I asked for clarification oh mighty one. What exactly did good old George do to make us all stand back in amazement? You also clearly didn't realise that the football is Chelsea v Arsenal on Sky so it's unlikely I'll be at it, but then again, attention to detail isn't your strong point is it?

So after all that internal grief you gave yourself, and stating" if you had brains,etc....", you won't even be there. Part timer, and all gob.

• Like 1

Do I view it or leave it? Decisions, decisions! Now what would George do?

edit - think I'll leave it :D

Edited by Crump99

Do I view it or leave it? Decisions, decisions! Now what would George do?

edit - think I'll leave it :D

Yes, it's best to Mr Mortis.

Lewi Kerr has Tweeted he has done his scaphoid and his season is over.

Meanwhile this statement is now on the Diamonds website concerning the date "move" from the 5th to the 12th Oct.

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100328

Edited by Steve Park

Richie, Howe and wells look the best bets if and when they are free, saying that it may only be 2 meetings....wells at Edinburgh and Richie at home if possible.

Gws Lewis.

• Like 1

Meanwhile this statement is now on the Diamonds website concerning the date "move" from the 5th to the 12th Oct.

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100328

Reads like the script Tsunami has been reading from.

Seems to be a paragraph missed off saying that they also complained to the BSPA in August when Panthers posted a news item saying "Panthers bosses are keen to stage further Sunday fixtures following the success of a recent victory over previously unbeaten table-toppers Edinburgh." and are disappointed that no action was taken at that point to avoid this unfortunate situation.

Both Edinburgh & Peterborough Promotions via their websites are acknowledging that Newcastle could have insisted that the the second leg of the KOC be held on Sunday.

George English has allowed the Peterborough meeting to take place instead because he recognized that some Monarchs fans had already made travel arrangements for Sunday.

Nice to see that the travelling fans have been considered in this instance :approve:

• Like 3

I dont see how he could have insisted. What if, the entire Edinburgh team had agree to go to Church on Sunday so were not available? Could they still have been made to go? Or what if the whole team were riding in Poland no Sunday? Surely if a meeting is already programmed it's tough.

I dont see how he could have insisted. What if, the entire Edinburgh team had agree to go to Church on Sunday so were not available? Could they still have been made to go? Or what if the whole team were riding in Poland no Sunday? Surely if a meeting is already programmed it's tough.

Newcastle are the senior Track - Sunday is their race day.

George has reacted to a difficult situation in a reasonable manner. Due to his Common Sense there is now no problem. He should be getting praise for his diplomacy - NOT queries about his Right to insist - which under the Rules and Regulations - he could have done.

WELL DONE!!! George - I say.

• Like 2

Rollocks - I say.

Great contribution Scots.

Both Edinburgh & Peterborough Promotions via their websites are acknowledging that Newcastle could have insisted that the the second leg of the KOC be held on Sunday.

George English has allowed the Peterborough meeting to take place instead because he recognized that some Monarchs fans had already made travel arrangements for Sunday.

Nice to see that the travelling fans have been considered in this instance :approve:

Reads like the script Tsunami has been reading from.

Seems like Crumpy is one of the only ones left out of the loop with this one.

Richie, Howe and wells look the best bets if and when they are free, saying that it may only be 2 meetings....wells at Edinburgh and Richie at home if possible.

Gws Lewis.

yi forgot about me bud

If of course George had been on the ball when Panthers said that they wanted more Sunday fixtures or when this fixture was announced then no fans would have been inconvenienced and Newcastle would have had their Sunday fixture. To claim Sunday rights and fan consideration due to incompetence just takes the biscuit!