British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

They become tv pundits and steal a living that way instead, jobs for the boys.

I think the covered seats are more to do with the fact that they can't sell them because they don't offer a view of the track due the the height of the air-fence, could be wrong though. Also I thought the dirt deflectors stop the shale flying up, or have they stopped using them now?

Still doesn't change the argument. no the covered seats are for safety reasons I think you'll find..

Edited by Starman2006

Why are people saying there has been no apology?

BSI have apologised to fans in their statement on www.speedwaygp.com and are 'understanding of the FIM Jury's decision to declare the meeting'.

It seems clear that further investigations are taking place - but whether fans will ever get the full story, rather than whatever the different players decide to give the media - will remain to be seen.

Why are people saying there has been no apology?

BSI have apologised to fans in their statement on www.speedwaygp.com and are 'understanding of the FIM Jury's decision to declare the meeting'.

I don't recall that we ever got the full story for what happened at Gelsenkirchen, and I doubt the truth will emerge from Warsaw either. The words carpet and sweeping spring to mind.

It seems clear that further investigations are taking place - but whether fans will ever get the full story, rather than whatever the different players decide to give the media - will remain to be seen.

Still doesn't change the argument. no the covered seats are for safety reasons I think you'll find..

C'mon then. Explain this one. In what way does covering the seats make them safer?

C'mon then. Explain this one. In what way does covering the seats make them safer?

Think you'll find its a heath an safety thing.

Ole Olsen has ridden a speedway bike. He has won many World Titles. He has prepared more tracks than most.

Yet a few people on here seem to be arguing with his expert opinion. Thats odd. As I don't believe they have won as much as him on a speedway bike or preped as many tracks.

just because Olsen won a few world finals doesn't mean he is a great track curator. Doc Bridgett was never a world champion, but is one of the best track men in the business. Perhaps BSI should give him a call.
  • Like 1

I see there is now an article on sportowefakty where KK says that it was correct to end the meeting at heat 12.

The auto translations are never great but he doesn't seem to make any comment about the track surface, just the green light starts!

Edited by HenryW

I see there is now an article on sportowefakty where KK says that it was correct to end the meeting at heat 12.

The auto translations are never great but he doesn't seem to make any comment about the track surface, just the green light starts!

Exactly what several posters have been saying, it was less about the track but about the green light start but that is in the rules!

We said at the time and I stand by it now, if the tapes were working that meeting would have continued

• Like 3

Anyone seen the article by Kasprzak? Right decision to call the meeting off because off the green light!! Never mentions the track.

Please people stop banging on about a poor track because quite clearly it wasnt

We said at the time and I stand by it now, if the tapes were working that meeting would have continued

one million percent correct!

And for that Im furious with the riders. It was the same for everyone, no reason for it to be stopped. Massive Massive let down. They should realize who pay their wages & what industry they are in.

• Like 2

It stops people sitting in them.

• Like 7

Think you'll find its a heath an safety thing.

So come on then. Explain the logic of that one. How does covering the seats improve H&S?

just because Olsen won a few world finals doesn't mean he is a great track curator. Doc Bridgett was never a world champion, but is one of the best track men in the business. Perhaps BSI should give him a call.

Really? Nah. Can't be true. We're told that the riders are experts so they know best. But it seems that despite Ole Olson being an expert his opinion doesn't count.

I'm confused now.

Edited by SCB

The first one to break the silence.

And the lies about the track are laid bare.

Those 'men' deserve no sycophants to jump to their defence.

What a disgraceful bunch.

• Like 2

*checks to see how many points KK scored*

And for that Im furious with the riders. It was the same for everyone, no reason for it to be stopped. Massive Massive let down. They should realize who pay their wages & what industry they are in.

I can feel your pain, what a journey you made to end up being treated with such contempt, I would be livid if I'd travelled a couple of hundred miles never mind over 4,000.

As you say they need to understand they are in the entertainment business and without fans they have no jobs, the sooner the sport is taken by the scruff of the neck and brought into line the better. It's rotten from the top down.

• Like 2