British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swc Match 1 Gniezno Poland Saturday June 6th

I still don't understand why a reserve can't be used to replace an injured rider during the meeting. Most unfair I say.

I will explain it once again-the money on offer for the SWC hardly covers travel/hotel/wages for 4 riders let alone 5- that is why it was cut from 5 man teams and 25 heats to 4 man teams over 20 heats.

You can check it out here http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/regulations-and-documents/speedway-world-cup/

Edited by racers and royals

Unconfirmed but Swedish SWC team is: AJ, Lindbäck, Sundström and THJ. However THJ is injured and will be replaced by Lindgren or Ljung.

Imo Lindgren is the obvious choice there. Not in the best form but atleast better then Ljung,

POLAND (red) – 1 Jaroslaw Hampel (captain), 2 Przemyslaw Pawlicki, 3 Maciej Janowski, 4 Bartosz Zmarzlik. Team Manager: Marek Cieslak.

SWEDEN (blue) – 1 Antonio Lindback, 2 Andreas Jonsson (captain), 3 Linus Sundstrom, 4 Tomas H Jonasson. Team Manager: Morgan Andersson.

CZECH REPUBLIC (white) – 1 Vaclav Milik (captain), 2 Eduard Krcmar, 3 Tomas Suchanek, 4 Matej Kus. Team Manager: Milan Spinka.

RUSSIA (yellow) – 1 Vadim Tarasenko, 2 Artem Laguta, 3 Emil Sayfutdinov (captain), 4 Vitaly Belousov. Team Manager: Andrei Savin.

There is noway THJ should or could be riding. He said three days ago that the ligament in his knee was torn completely off and that he needed to rest for a couple of weeks.

So imo either Lindgren or Ljung will replace THJ.

I will explain it once again-the money on offer for the SWC hardly covers travel/hotel/wages for 4 riders let alone 5- that is why it was cut from 5 man teams and 25 heats to 4 man teams over 20 heats.

You can check it out here http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/regulations-and-documents/speedway-world-cup/

If the money is that tight why not scrap the SWC all together, or run it every 2 years to make the money go further. As long as all 16 riders in each meeting are fit to take all their rides, fine, but if not the meeting becomes a farce. With the meetings being televised all over Europe they can't afford a reserve?. It makes the whole project a laughing stock.

POLAND (red) – 1 Jaroslaw Hampel (captain), 2 Przemyslaw Pawlicki, 3 Maciej Janowski, 4 Bartosz Zmarzlik. Team Manager: Marek Cieslak.

SWEDEN (blue) – 1 Antonio Lindback, 2 Andreas Jonsson (captain), 3 Linus Sundstrom, 4 Tomas H Jonasson. Team Manager: Morgan Andersson.

CZECH REPUBLIC (white) – 1 Vaclav Milik (captain), 2 Eduard Krcmar, 3 Tomas Suchanek, 4 Matej Kus. Team Manager: Milan Spinka.

RUSSIA (yellow) – 1 Vadim Tarasenko, 2 Artem Laguta, 3 Emil Sayfutdinov (captain), 4 Vitaly Belousov. Team Manager: Andrei Savin.

Shame there is no Grigorij...without him I feel Russia have handed the meeting to Poland.

If the money is that tight why not scrap the SWC all together, or run it every 2 years to make the money go further. As long as all 16 riders in each meeting are fit to take all their rides, fine, but if not the meeting becomes a farce. With the meetings being televised all over Europe they can't afford a reserve?. It makes the whole project a laughing stock.

Shame there is no Grigorij...without him I feel Russia have handed the meeting to Poland.

Don`t forget that teams if they do lose a rider and are enough points behind the leaders can use a T/S or joker(doesn`t help if they are the leading team though)

Don't get me started on Jokers, Double-points and all the other mullarkey that makes a mockery of the sport.

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

• Like 1

I really don't understand the Russians, why the hell would you leave out your second best rider. :sad:

I really don't understand the Russians, why the hell would you leave out your second best rider. :sad:

Because he doesn't want to ride?!

Because he doesn't want to ride?!

He can't be very patriotic then.

He doesn't want to ride?...seems unlikely to me.

He doesn't want to ride?...seems unlikely to me.

Why? He's refused in the past. TBH I'm amazed his brother and Emil are riding, especially after Emils interview in the Speedway Star in March.

Why? He's refused in the past. TBH I'm amazed his brother and Emil are riding, especially after Emils interview in the Speedway Star in March.

Well, they are at the moment! :neutral:

I do like that Polish team, some exciting riders in there... :t:

Grigory may come into the Russian team for the race-off and the final at Vojens. Just wait and see.