British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Craig Cook - Where Now?

The one pet ate i have is when a rider will pull up before the finish, Cook for me comes in to that category!

Going to defend Cookie a wee bit here. Can't say iv seen him as a dirty rider (off track maybe) but only really seen him at edin where he can pass anyone and he hasn't given me the impression of being a dirty rider when seem him on the odd ocassiom away from home. There are certainly dirtier/harder racers around.

He is one for giving up when at the back but again iv seen loads do it almost every meet there can be a couple top riders who coast round the back after couple laps.

I agree he has the ability but he doesn't do himself any favors at times he should jump at every cchance given to ride abroad or for GB but perhaps he's looking after the bank balance we all know it can be an expensive sport ( I don't claim to know his reasons)

While he won't be given the same chances as some younger riders he has only ridden 5 years (or is it 6) and has proved he can be a top PL rider and average EL. The next step is massive and I don't see time being on his side but better riders have appeared to step up from nowhere.

Some people like him some don't but everyone would love a 10pt rider in their team and can be blinded by his actions as long as they continue to score well. Hands up I'm guilty of that same when you support a winning team.

If he is happy with how his career is going why should it bother us. We could say he shud be doing this and that but it's easy to say from behind a keyboard or chatting with mates.

He gets more stick with similar level of riders (King/Kennet) and rightly so at times but some people seem to get a kick from people failing. Be it him or someone else that has irked you

• Like 2

Thought i would bring this topic back up again.

After reading this article http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/speedway/craig-cook-reflects-epic-elite-10222874

It sounds like this could be his last season in the PL. Making the move to Poland that many have been wanting maybe?

Also riding in a open meeting just now in Krakow and doing not bad. currently on 7 from 4 rides after winning his last 2 rides. EDIT make that 10 from 5.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

He's got Ashley Holloway in his corner now hasn't he, should help him loads ?....

Cookie now ten from five and in the semi at least. He's beaten some very good locals too.

• Like 1

Cookie now ten from five and in the semi at least. He's beaten some very good locals too.

Patryk Dudek being one of them. Straight through to final now after that heat 19 result.

Came second in the final. Won by Patryk Dudek.

Great result that will only help him get a place over there next season. :t:

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 3

Perhaps this is the year where he moves to EL and Polish league only.

Sincerely hope he stays at Belle Vue

Perhaps this is the year where he moves to EL and Polish league only.

Sincerely hope he stays at Belle Vue

Hopefully it will do him good and that Belle Vue will benefit.

Cook is far too good for the Premier League.

• Like 1

Hopefully it will do him good and that Belle Vue will benefit.

Cook is far too good for the Premier League.

Probably, but it is such a pleasure to see him riding PL, I know, I am selfish, good luck to Craig whatever he decides for next year

Nobody there to see it :o

From a personal point of view I will miss seeing Cookie in the PL but I accept for his aims and goals then he must pursue his own ambitions. Good luck Cookie you've got a fan in the west of scotland that hopes you end up in GP your good enough that for sure.

Craig Cook is a superb rider as he has shown at Poole and Swindon this season, top scorer in the Grand Final at Wimborne Road.

And he always used to struggle at Poole. Got to grips with it in last couple of seasons.