British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peterborough daz

Peterborough Panthers V Ipswich Witches -12/06/2015

I am sure his parents do advise him, to advise him to miss the meeting was a fabulous way to turn supporter's opinion into going against him.

Am I right in thinking they advised him to speak out against the way the BSPA treated him as a junior??

Maybe why he isn't in the British Final ... Don't know but could be

If it is then his parents could do with a bit of advising

• Like 3

The news didn't get around then?

Rathbone added: It is a difficult situation concerning Robert. Everyone is well aware that Danny and Gino both made it back from the Race-Off.

They were in a slightly different position as they had bikes in the UK to return to whereas Roberts bikes were with him in Denmark.

"Rathbone said....."

I think I prefer to believe Danny King than another bit of blatant spin-doctoring by Panthers' management.

They made an initial clumsy excuse: that he couldn't get back. When that got shot down they twisted it to: well maybe HE can but his bikes can't. That got shot down too when we heard that King got his bikes back no problem. Now they're having another go, trying to tell us that King was in a different position and didn't need to get his GB bikes back. Turns out that's bullsh!t too!

And I don't buy the comment made elsewhere that Lambert's only 17 with limited resources. Maybe so, but what has cost got to do with it? Perhaps he does only have one set of bikes & equipment - but it costs the same whether he came back in time for Friday's meeting or a day later.

What next from Rathbone & Co? My money's on "Ah but on Fridays he has to go via Timbuktoo!"

Use it as an opportunity to tinker and make a couple of changes?

Not easy and who knows if the riders of sufficient quality are available, but try and turn a negative in to a positive.

Maybe make a couple of changes that could strengthen you lower down and provide a strong partner for S Lambert.

I'd keep Toft, Ostergaard, Blackbird & Simon Lambert, and look for 3 new riders:

Allen - obviously has to be replaced

Greenwood - time's up!

Robert Lambert - close the gate on your way out.

Is that do-able? How many points would we have to play with? And who's available?

Good point, but if that engine got back in time, then so should the rider and the bike it was bolted to...imo

spot on!

I'm getting a bit pi55ed off seeing all these ridiculous and increasingly desperate bullsh!t comments - here and elsewhere - trying to excuse R.Lambert's non-appearance.

GIVE the kid a break. Think you might find it was more his parents' decision that he couldn't get back...

No! I don't care if it was down to him or his mummy & daddy; he & they are happy to trouser our hard-earned - so eff them!

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

GIVE the kid a break. Think you might find it was more his parents' decision that he couldn't get back but they will learn as will Robert.

Whoever made the decision not to bother getting to Peterborough made the wrong decision, maybe Peterborough would be better off without Lambert.

• Like 1

Now some of you may have noticed that there have been a few times when I have got my knickers in a twist on Boro threads about a few things!

MPT , redeclarations and of course riders like Lambert potentially having their average updated despite not having ridden 4home 4away.

How ironic that many of those posters that have sneered at my comments and chuckled about Lambert missing away meetings and so not getting a new average which has enabled Allen to stay at 1 and so retain the guest facilty are now up in arms!

Of course this time youve lost out rather than gained so suddenly its not quite as funny!!

• Like 3

Now some of you may have noticed that there have been a few times when I have got my knickers in a twist on Boro threads about a few things!

MPT , redeclarations and of course riders like Lambert potentially having their average updated despite not having ridden 4home 4away.

How ironic that many of those posters that have sneered at my comments and chuckled about Lambert missing away meetings and so not getting a new average which has enabled Allen to stay at 1 and so retain the guest facilty are now up in arms!

Of course this time youve lost out rather than gained so suddenly its not quite as funny!!

I always laugh at those who embrace the rules. Facts are that there are no rules.

Looks like your getting your knickers in a twist as per usual. Can't make out what you're waffling on about? The only issue here is Lambert's non appearance at this meeting. We saw a decent meeting and losing wasn't that painful. The fact that it was avoidable was!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

GIVE the kid a break. Think you might find it was more his parents' decision that he couldn't get back but they will learn as will Robert.

KING used a GTR in his first four rides but switched to his GM for the last heat decider. Didn't have the benefit of Gerhard and or Tatum on hand to help with set up. The GTR is, apparently, very different to ride than a GM and Danny naturally felt that for such an important heat he should use what he knew best.

That GTR and another will be going to Chris Harris at Coventry for the BF.

His parents wouldn't have had a decision to make if the idiots at the FIM hadn't made a rule that lets a rider miss a meeting the day before and the day after. They are as much a joke as that abominable JOKER rule.

• Like 1

Lets not pussyfoot about the failure of Lambert to appear was nothing short of disgracefull.

• Like 4

Looks like your getting your knickers in a twist as per usual. Can't make out what you're waffling on about? The only issue here is Lambert's non appearance at this meeting. We saw a decent meeting and losing wasn't that painful. The fact that it was avoidable was!

spot on reply to a numbskull post!

Edited by PE7Panther

spot on reply to a numbskull post!

such eloquent debate!

The point was clear and concise.

When Lambert missed meetings with illness it was suggested it may even have been a management ploy to keep Allen at 1. Lots of hehe we've out witted the rules etc

When a situation works against you its a disgrace and some are even calling for him to be sacked!!

Nothing numbskull about it - just reasoned logic. Try it sometime.

His parents wouldn't have had a decision to make if the idiots at the FIM hadn't made a rule that lets a rider miss a meeting the day before and the day after. They are as much a joke as that abominable JOKER rule.

Firstly agree totally with the views on the JOKER rule, but you have to have a rule in place to allow clubs to cover for riders on route to or from international meetings. In this instance meeting was in Denmark and, as has been shown, it was possible to get back for the following day, what if the meeting had been in Russia somewhere??.

The issue is around Lambert (on advice or whatever) not wanting to make the efforts to get back, and because of the ruling, not having to make effort.

As a neutral observer I don't really have an issue either way, but fully understand Panthers fans frustration at situation and their feeling of being "let down" (polite version) - genuine question to Panthers fans - would you have felt differently if, rather than having a load of excuses which Danny King has managed to singlehandedly blow out of the water, a statement along the following lines had been issued.......

" Robert Lambert has decided that the journey to return in time for Peterborough's match, although doable will be arduous and in view of his exertions over the last week he does not feel he would therefore be in a position to perform to the best of his ability and it would be in Peterborough's best interests to utilise the FIM ruling which entitles them to a facility for a rider up to 24 after an FIM meeting"

I realise you would still be unhappy at least it is a genuine reason

Thoughts??

Sometimes its not what you can do on track thats important its your off track manner, commitment and general personae that makes you appreciated more, hes young and should have a general awareness of wanting to ride in all the meetings possible for his contracted teams whoever they are, he is without doubt a gifted and talented rider who Peterborough are lucky to have and he rides beyond his youthful years but being good on the bike isnt always everything.

Firstly agree totally with the views on the JOKER rule, but you have to have a rule in place to allow clubs to cover for riders on route to or from international meetings. In this instance meeting was in Denmark and, as has been shown, it was possible to get back for the following day, what if the meeting had been in Russia somewhere??.

The issue is around Lambert (on advice or whatever) not wanting to make the efforts to get back, and because of the ruling, not having to make effort.

As a neutral observer I don't really have an issue either way, but fully understand Panthers fans frustration at situation and their feeling of being "let down" (polite version) - genuine question to Panthers fans - would you have felt differently if, rather than having a load of excuses which Danny King has managed to singlehandedly blow out of the water, a statement along the following lines had been issued.......

" Robert Lambert has decided that the journey to return in time for Peterborough's match, although doable will be arduous and in view of his exertions over the last week he does not feel he would therefore be in a position to perform to the best of his ability and it would be in Peterborough's best interests to utilise the FIM ruling which entitles them to a facility for a rider up to 24 after an FIM meeting"

I realise you would still be unhappy at least it is a genuine reason

Thoughts??

My thoughts are that he signed up to ride for Panthers and that's what he should do unless he has a bloody good reason. A Raheem Sterling type excuse does not change much although it might have been more acceptable if it was a one off and his fellow SWC competitors had not managed to return without too much trouble as you say. Once the decision was taken then the water coming in was always going to be greater than the size of the bucket bailing it out. Lambert has Panthers management by the gonads but the team is better off with him than without, that's common sense and everyone knows it, hence the charm offensive: "PETERBOROUGH promoter Ged Rathbone hailed the returning Robert Lambert" - I don't know whether he'll learn from this but I doubt that he'll be riding in the UK in a few years so will probably just ride through any stick he gets. A question to you: would Lambert have needed a reason if Kings Lynn were riding a Saddlebow Road on Friday evening?

When he got criticism for missing a Panthers meeting while being ill and riding in Germany, didn't his mum get all defensive on Facebook (apologies if my memory is crap) and say let's see how we feel if he is selected for Team GB & misses Panthers meetings?

Well it was only one but she has her answer!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Enjoy the Boy while you have him. Its only a one year thing anyway for Boro. Maybe the boy is pacing himself for the season and looking at the bigger picture. He is still a boy remember ( and growing) who hopefully has a lot of Speedway years and good earning Potential ahead of him. maybe his parents are protecting him. can anyone really balme them. Peterborough fans are looking at things through their eyes, maybe Rob Lambert and his family are looking at things in a different way.

Enjoy the Boy while you have him. Its only a one year thing anyway for Boro. Maybe the boy is pacing himself for the season and looking at the bigger picture. He is still a boy remember ( and growing) who hopefully has a lot of Speedway years and good earning Potential ahead of him. maybe his parents are protecting him. can anyone really balme them. Peterborough fans are looking at things through their eyes, maybe Rob Lambert and his family are looking at things in a different way.

Nice day for fishing isn't it.