British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Lakeside Move To Kent Kings Unlikely?

There has been speculation that Lakeside Hammers were considering a move to Kent Kings in their search for a new base. But this SGB Press Release puts some doubt on that conjecture with Hammers asking supporters to help them find a new home IN ESSEX. The SGB PR reads: -

LAKESIDE are launching their search for a new home for the sport in Essex with a special promotion at their televised clash with league leaders Coventry on Monday, July 27.

With the future of Speedway at the Arena-Essex raceway in doubt under plans for potential development, club bosses want to see a huge response from sports fans.

Admission will be just £5 for the mouth-watering contest with the Bees looking to stay top and have choice of opposition in the play-offs.

Lakeside chief Jon Cook said: “We are starting down the path of finding a new home for the sport in Essex and we’re hoping fans of all sports throughout the county will show their support for our objective on July 27.

“A night at the races for just £5 seems like a pretty good deal to me!”

Tickets are available now from lakesidehammers.co and they will also be available from Sky tickets in mid-week.
Edited by Guest

Having helped flattrack get off the ground,maybe that community could help out speedway?Have they managed to get any tracks of their own yet that a speedway team could use?

Harlow Greyhound Stadium may well be interested in staging Speedway racing, but the likeliehood is that its much to close to Rye House.

Harlow Greyhound Stadium may well be interested in staging Speedway racing, but the likeliehood is that its much to close to Rye House.

Far too close, I would think

This may be an exceedingly stupid comment and if so I apologise.

Many years ago Romford closed due to only one resident complaining about noise. Is there any mileage in exploring Romford again?.

Word I got was that the Hammers moving to Sittingbourne was a done deal.

While I also heard (at the same time) that that will definitely not be the case, I don't know why it didn't happen.

This may be an exceedingly stupid comment and if so I apologise.

Many years ago Romford closed due to only one resident complaining about noise. Is there any mileage in exploring Romford again?.

Broadland stadium was knocked down many years ago, not sure of any other existing site that could be used.

The old Brooklands stadium is gone but I believe the current Romford Greyhound stadium is a first class venue.

The old Brooklands stadium is gone but I believe the current Romford Greyhound stadium is a first class venue.

the dog track is surrounded by houses just like brooklands stadium was.

Oh well, no joy there then...pity though.

Word I got was that the Hammers moving to Sittingbourne was a done deal.While I also heard (at the same time) that that will definitely not be the case, I don't know why it didn't happen.

Funny the things you hear from people who think they are in the know. I heard Richie Worral was valued at £90,000 but Belle Vue got him for the knock down price of £45,000. That wasn't true either. It's amazing the number of people who have been around Speeedway for years still believe the. same old gossip. The latest one I heard (last Friday ) was that Lakeside will be running next year but Jon Cook won't be there. No chance of that either. The golden rule in Speedwáy is believe it when it happens

but I guess you know that already !!

As someone who has followed speedway for 55 years, I still don't believe it when it does happen :rofl:

Funny the things you hear from people who think they are in the know. I heard Richie Worral was valued at £90,000 but Belle Vue got him for the knock down price of £45,000. That wasn't true either. It's amazing the number of people who have been around Speeedway for years still believe the. same old gossip. The latest one I heard (last Friday ) was that Lakeside will be running next year but Jon Cook won't be there. No chance of that either. The golden rule in Speedwáy is believe it when it happens

but I guess you know that already !!

I heard that one as well. Martin hagon will run lakeside in the NL next season with no Jon cook. Don't forget, you heard it here first!

There has been speculation that Lakeside Hammers were considering a move to Kent Kings in their search for a new base. But this SGB Press Release puts some doubt on that conjecture with Hammers asking supporters to help them find a new home IN ESSEX. The SGB PR reads: -

With the future of Speedway at the Arena-Essex raceway in doubt under plans for potential development, club bosses want to see a huge response from sports fans.

I heard that one as well. Martin hagon will run lakeside in the NL next season with no Jon cook. Don't forget, you heard it here first!

Due note has been taken of your opinion cityrebel!!!! :icon_smile_clown: