British Speedway Forum

Best way to avoid the Tarmac truck is get behind the team, get behind the riders and get behind the management.

If the plan is for only one more year then getting Ruml for the long term doesn't make sense, nor does running the Raiders but LOSING A SHED LOAD OF MONEY FROM AN UNSUPPORTED TEAM will do it easily.

Could be a decent prospect but simply the wrong signing to make. No reason he will be any better then Branford yet he's 1.5 points more expensive. If we're going to sacrifice having a strong reserve at all times then we need another heat leader.

Could be a decent prospect but simply the wrong signing to make. No reason he will be any better then Branford yet he's 1.5 points more expensive. If we're going to sacrifice having a strong reserve at all times then we need another heat leader.

Think he looks better than Brandford in World Cup meets etc and Americans generally go well at Rye House

• Like 2

Also means Kasper doesn't start at reserve where he would've been our trump card

Also means Kasper doesn't start at reserve where he would've been our trump card

well yeah that's true . I'll leave your lot alone and go back tormenting the Moanarchs

• Like 1

Plan for the future?

We've had f all to shout about for six years as terrible sides have been built & this one will be no better. Sod planning for the future, build a f'ing decent side. Where's the planning for the future in employing Robbo & a going through the motions Lanham?

The team building has been an absolute shambles. The new promotion have shown their naivety and got it all wrong.

What wally is making these decisions? First NBJ & then Klindt buggers off without a word said.

Another year of nothing & hovering around the bottom.

The new promotion haven't done a lot to improve the club. The only good thing they have done is got rid of Silver. I can't see what else they have done.

They'll just lose money and crowds if they continue making wallyish decisions like they have this winter.

Where are the promised stadium improvements?

Can only hope this is early teething problems as doesn't bode well for the future if it carries on.

Edited by Chris

See Tyson Nelson was mentioned in the Mercurys press release as one of the riders rumoured to be replacing Klindt. Visa issues have again ruled this out but as Nelsons average was above what was left ,6.04,it must have meant they were planning to release someone else as well.

Having seen Max Ruml and his younger brother ride Rye house would be wise to get them both. Wish the Sheffield Tigers were going after these two. I think they are the USA's future top riders...

I have watched a lot of max on tv on live stream and he is a brilliant little rider I was hoping he would sign for the stars and we loan him out, in my book he is a lot better than gino.

America has some good young kids coming through broc nicol is another who I think would do ok in the uk. Also someone one said is he any better than arron fox ? He is way ahead of him and a lot younger too,

Definitely one for the future but is it ill-timed? This sort of rider flourishes in a decent team which we clearly don't have on paper. I hope he does well but its asking a lot of a kid to perform regularly at Rye House let alone places like Berwick, Workington Sheffield Peterborough which are far removed from the tracks he will have grown up on. Good luck Max you will need to get off to a good start.

spot on and anybody who thinks the American kid can sustain or better a 5pt average should wake up and smell the coffee.

Definitely one for the future but is it ill-timed? This sort of rider flourishes in a decent team which we clearly don't have on paper. I hope he does well but its asking a lot of a kid to perform regularly at Rye House let alone places like Berwick, Workington Sheffield Peterborough which are far removed from the tracks he will have grown up on. Good luck Max you will need to get off to a good start.

going to the likes of Pboro and Sheffield will scare the hell out of him!..maybe a sick note for those away days!

spot on and anybody who thinks the American kid can sustain or better a 5pt average should wake up and smell the coffee.

TBF Manzares put just over a point on his 5 point average in his first season, and the poster above thinks this kid is better.

So we'll see..

See Tyson Nelson was mentioned in the Mercurys press release as one of the riders rumoured to be replacing Klindt. Visa issues have again ruled this out but as Nelsons average was above what was left ,6.04,it must have meant they were planning to release someone else as well.

Is this based on actual intelligence or has the journo just read this thread and summarised every rider suggested?

Edited by arnieg

As a neutral to Rye I would rather see a young gutsy rider than gate and go Klindt although I was thinking the latter might be able to do something for the Rockets but he clearly has an attitude problem that would have shown itself at some point during the season.

• Like 1

TBF Manzares put just over a point on his 5 point average in his first season, and the poster above thinks this kid is better.

So we'll see..

I could think Steve Boxall is better than Tai Woffinden, doesn't make it true...