British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

However, if you look at the BSPA website, it shows Auty in the 1 - 5 position & not Starke. Is that an editing error or is it that only one of the EDR riders was eligible to move up while the other EDR rider always remains at reserve? That's not how the rule reads though, yet more confusion.

Auty can't be in the top five until he's had his second away fixture, so he can't be in the top five yet. What we should infer from the officially published GSAs - well your guess is as good as mine!

We're missing two riders and in that eventuality you are allowed a guest I believe

Thank goodness for 'supplementary regulations' eh?

Where would the sport be without them...?

• Like 3

Part of me actually thinks that arranging meetings where you can get a better rider in as a guest is now actually a 'tactic'..

Like when Chris Harris came in for Matez Zagar.

Edit : Thought guests were only for the Number One this year?

I think all top 3 riders can be replaced by a guest but the other 2 can only be replaced by RR

I think all top 3 riders can be replaced by a guest but the other 2 can only be replaced by RR

...unless #4 & #5 are both missing in which case it's guest & R/R.

Part of me actually thinks that arranging meetings where you can get a better rider in as a guest is now actually a 'tactic'..

Like when Chris Harris came in for Matez Zagar.

We had four 'ringers' when we won at Lakeside last year!

GP challenge and PL meetings clashed I think...

Those points ultimately put us in the play offs....

Part of me wanted AJ to ride in the Final as he was great for us in the Semi but winning with him would have been a bit of a farce, so even though he probably would have done better than Zagar did over the two legs of the Final, at least it was the BV team that rode...

Edited by mikebv

Nice to see Leicester offering u18 free admission and full time students £7.50 admission for the rest of the season.

• Like 5

Nice to see Leicester offering u18 free admission and full time students £7.50 admission for the rest of the season.

Yes Excellent and something other promotors need to do if not already doing.

However the product needs to improve to benefit in the future

Yes Excellent and something other promotors need to do if not already doing.

However the product needs to improve to benefit in the future

Coventry doing similar, certainly the way to go.

10 to 18 is £5 not free but you can do the family ticket for up to 2 18 year olds.

Edited by Elmo

10 to 18 is £5 not free but you can do the family ticket for up to 2 18 year olds.

Not so good then.

Coventry charge full whack for o.a.ps as I found out on Good Friday!

Yep they pay the same as every other adult.

Coventry charge full whack for o.a.ps as I found out on Good Friday!

I heard Coventry don't look after the elderly fans,shocking and should feel ashamed.

I heard Coventry don't look after the elderly fans,shocking and should feel ashamed.

Mostly elderly people are better off with pensions and help with bills than those of us that are working and have had a pay freeze.

...unless #4 & #5 are both missing in which case it's guest & R/R.

Or you have a No'8 who can then replace any of the 1-5 at any time making no RR at all

Mostly elderly people are better off with pensions and help with bills than those of us that are working and have had a pay freeze.

'Mostly'?

There's plenty who aren't on final salary pension schemes who have only the pitiful state pension to live on. There's a lot of people on here who really should stick to speedway rather than just spout what they read in their daily rag or hear down the pub.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1