British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Congratulations Poole speedway. Best team won. Had a great day in Poole as always.

I didn't like some of our lot booing when stake fell but the rest of the booing was all good fun. Boooooooooooooooooo

Congratulations to Poole on winning the title, and to Belle Vue on coming so close and making it a final to remember.

Encouraging to see that fans of both clubs have mainly been gracious in victory/defeat, with only a minority resorting to needless gloating or whining about the Gogglegate incident.

Craig Cook's performance certainly bodes well for the future.

Congratulations Poole speedway. Best team won. Had a great day in Poole as always.

I didn't like some of our lot booing when stake fell but the rest of the booing was all good fun. Boooooooooooooooooo

Think we lost it when Sky showed you kissing Mark's "lucky" £20 note!!!

Might as well bring some controversy into a great Final,I agree with Mark Lemon that Starke went down rather easily on the 1st bend.

• Like 1

This may very well be the case. All that would have been required is a simple statement from the SCB stating this.

It's basic PR. This issue isn't just a BSF thing, which you seem keen to isolate it too. All over social media fans were up in arms about it, much of it of course due to past history with Poole. The SCB and the BSPA would have been fully aware of this, but it seems they haven't learnt from past lessons.

A statement would have put most of it to bed.

Really ?

More like more complaints about BV being cheated, calls a for a rerun, more damage to the sport, less people going now, future is bleak, cheating Poole, don't know what they are doing, etc, etc.

Congrats again to Poole for being worthy winners, and to BV for being very worthy in defeat. A great fillip for them to use in advertising for the new stadium.

Kyle Newman throwing his goggles into the Aces fans was in response to some good natured stick from us Aces fans heading down to Poole on the coach.

You'll see from the photos from the coach on Twitter that the Aces fans were having the craic with him over "Gogglegate" & were more than happy with their "present" on the way back north.

Thanks Kyle, great sense of humour, all the best for 2016 & onwards!

Amen to that .......................... Fans and riders having a bit of playful banter, and enjoying the great sport of speedway ..................... it's sport, it's entertainment, and not to be taken TOO seriously.

Really ?

More like more complaints about BV being cheated, calls a for a rerun, more damage to the sport, less people going now, future is bleak, cheating Poole, don't know what they are doing, etc, etc.

Congrats again to Poole for being worthy winners, and to BV for being very worthy in defeat. A great fillip for them to use in advertising for the new stadium.

Humour me for a minute. BV have appealed, they have done so correctly. So the SCB have to remove the 2 points. Then what?

THAT is why they needed to make a decision yesterday. Either way, yes some people would have moaned it was unfair but people would have know. We now have the situation where the SCB, if they make a decision that Newman should be excluded that we don't have a league winner!

Humour me for a minute. BV have appealed, they have done so correctly. So the SCB have to remove the 2 points. Then what?

THAT is why they needed to make a decision yesterday. Either way, yes some people would have moaned it was unfair but people would have know. We now have the situation where the SCB, if they make a decision that Newman should be excluded that we don't have a league winner!

That is how I see things, they surely should have convened an extraordinary meeting in the circumstances??

There is a procedure for appeals as i have stated earlier, and it involves putting up a fee. BV didn't use that procedure, therefore there is really no case to reply too. The ref made a mistake, but that happens in all sports. The only thing activating criticism is that it was Poole, and it gives the usual rantees another go. Note they are not BV fans, who have been brilliant throughout their great journey, but the usuals from the Midland clubs. Get over ya selves.

There is an appeals procedure , it goes like this , you put your money up and appeal , the SCB wait 3 months and decide it's not worth the bother and give you your money back , Waste of time ? surely not !!

• Like 1

Anyway, has anyone seen Drop a Cog? I'm worried he's had a heart attack due to the play-offs! Or has got lost in that big crowd on Monday?!

poor thing. It must be awful to realise that the sycophants were right all along. :t:

SCB don't need to make any comment, as the result was called on the night by the ref, so that's that.

Seems fair, don't know why Coventry felt they had a right to appeal the Poole league result. Result was called on the night.

Golden heat deciders are rubbish.

Not so. Are penalties rubbish to decide a footie match? Golders heats are the speedway equivalent.

I want to point out 2 positives from the Sky coverage of the play-offs:

1) Exciting racing over 30 heats of the final and the semi-finals

2) Full stadiums - nice to see on the TV

Well said.

The play offs yet again prove why they are vital to the sport.

What a superb advert so our sport.

Play Off sycophant loud and proud.

Congratulations to Poole, the deserved winners on the night,over 2 legs and over the season.

Belle Vue did themselves proud and can hold their heads held high.

Still a little surprised that the 1st leg wasn't amended due to gogglegate and what a finale that would have been.

Surprised no one has mentioned the out of form North in the final? 13 points over 2 legs proved Poole gained nothing by using Kennett.

Hopefully his performances in the final will make his parents, particularly his dad, proud.

Firstly congratulations to Poole on winning the Elite League title and applauds to Bell Vue for a valiant fight over the 2 legs .

I've not been a great lover of watching EL on sky this season but both legs of the final have been worth watching from start to finish . Well think the two legs had it all some great racing between two hungry teams , incidents that got the whole forum talking , dodgy referee calls what more could you want for a final .

BUT and i mean BUT this final has been tarnished by British speedways governing body's failure to act when they need to . Gogglegate or what ever people call it should have been sorted out long before the 2nd leg took place but no they choose to bury there head in the sand and in my eyes take a risk hoping that come the end of the 2nd leg the 2 points in question would not matter for the outcome of the 2015 EL winners . Well i hope they are happy now as its turned round and bit them on the arse for their failure to act .

Its a shame it has come to this

• Like 1

A decent meeting and well done to both teams,Poole again rose to the occasion.Cook was very quick i really hope he can get a place abroad and kick on in his career.The reserves were the difference, was chuffed for Nielsen who rode a blinder to get a paid win in his second ride after struggling.He stuck at it and overall this year also with his U21 experience has made progress again i hope he can make more progress next year.A great year for Belle Vue and i know they lost,but i hope the Belle Vue supporters all had a great night they deserve it after the barren years they have endured.

• Like 1

Your whinging on isn't going to change anything. Go and get a job.

No, the BV appeal will do that (change things) if the SCB have any back bone!

Can you not see the SCB messed up by not making a decision before last night?

Edited by SCB

No, the BV appeal will do that (change things) if the SCB have any back bone!

Can you not see the SCB messed up by not making a decision before last night?

Therein lies the problem the SCB has no backbone.

Some people on here saying about speedway being a professional sport,maybe some of the riders are but it seems the authorities are far from it at times.