British Speedway Forum

So it was confirmed at the last meeting of the season that Plymouth will be back in the PL next season, which is great news!!

Can they build on the playoff success of 2015?

So the question now is who stays and who goes? But of course that is all dependent on the rules for 2016 which should become clear shortly.

For me...

Retain - Holder, Newman, Kurtz

Unsure - Eklof, Risager

Replace - Simota, Fisher

• Like 1

keep Eklof as well!

Eklof seemed to put in some decent scores towards the end of the PL season, whether he could or want to commit to a full season over here is another matter.

As I have been waiting an hour or two whilst my bike gets an MOT with nothing better do do I thought I would give people my view......sorry for the essay.......

This year has been a very successful year for the Devils however I believe that sentimental value has to be taken away when choosing a team for next year.

Kyle Newman- has near enough been our best and most constant performer and on the average he is currently on would be a steel. I do believe that Kyle is a young lad that is very clever and will want to progress his career. Is riding premier league for Kyle going to do this as he competes and beats some of the very best in the elite League with Poole. If a contract came up from a team in the elite league, Polish league, Swedish league and premier league, which league would he reject. He is a good enough rider to get rides in these league but if he gets a contract offer from them is different of course I'd like him back but ALOT of teams and not just in England will be after him I'm sure.

Morgen Risager- the most improved rider this season by a mile. Start of the season I thought it was a matter of time before he was replaced but lee kept faith and full respect as he has proved how good he is now by near enough scoring double figures most meetings. It shows how much he has improved when he is currently above Kyle in the averages. I would keep next season.

JackHolder- my god what a rider this kid will be. On a 7.10 average now which to me makes it tricky in terms of team building. If he could just relax on the bike and sometimes just pick up the 2 points instead of trying to over take when it's near on impossible and falling off he will be brilliant for us. Can he be a heat leader yes he could if he is more constant, now he has seen most away tracks I'd expect him to kick on even more, can he be a number one not so sure, in the future I have no doubt that he will lead a premier league team and be riding elite league. Jack for entertainment alone id like to see him back next year, I also think he will be the most improved riders in terms of averages if he is with us next year.

Todd Kurtz- I like Todd and always have done and wanted him back last season . So I was delighted when he returned mid way through this season. To put nearly A point on his starting average is superb return and he in my eyes has a habit of winning the big races that can win or lose the meeting. Several times this seasons we have been leading comfortably then the opponents mount a small comeback making it a bit nervy however Todd will come out and secure a win after a breath taking overtake. Defiantly a rider I would keep on me next season.

Ryan fisher- good rider but cost us the play offs. May or may not have been his fault but the fact is if I have a contract to work I work. I know my hours and days just like he would have known the possibility of us riding past the date he bought a ticket. It's a shame it has ended this way as he is a real nice guy with a lovely family but I couldn't see him here next year. I do however see him riding in the UK if he wants to possibly at Berwick and being a good rider for them or another team.

Sam simota- has given us 2 very good years but when you think that the average that him and Eklof are on they should be dominating races both home AND AWAY. He is dynamite around the SBA when he is on form but away from home he lets us down he has the odd good meeting away such as Scunthorpe but not enough of them. Id say thank you for everything but it's time to move on.

Linus Eklof- unbelievable on his first meeting around the SBA and my first reaction was wow I hope he is here next year. But unfortunately he seems to have gone down hill from there and hasn't kicked on like I thought he would ! That is however at the SBA in his last four meetings around the SBA he has scored

7+2

10 (first meeting)

Away from home he seems to have done tremendously well !! Scoring double figures in our last two meetings 11+1 at Glasgow and 12+2 vs rye house. These are brilliant scores and are superb for winning away however on his average of 5.50 I think you need to be winning races at home especially at reserve. His scores away from home make it hard to let him go however his scores at home make it easy to let him go, therefore it would be another case of thank you and good bye.

I think the team will probably have 3 people return from the current team however I believe they will want to keep four riders from this year.

1-

2-Todd Kurtz

3-Kyle Newman (if he wants to return)

4- Morten Risager

5- Jack holder

6-

7-

That leaves us with needing a number 1 who needs to be more than 7.10 so Jack is not number 1 and 2 new reserves. These four come to 27.59 leaving 14.91 for the 3 riders.

Probably not enough to give you strength in depth. So do you lose one of the above four riders or do you move Jack to number one ?!?

Just off the top of my head Ben Barker on a 7.56 average would be a steel and leaves plenty of points to play with as well as having a proper number one.

I haven't really looked into team building in terms of a whole team next year and riders from other teams on certain averages may change who I would keep for next year.

I'm sure people will be able to pick my points apart but I do enjoy hearing what people think.

Eklof seemed to put in some decent scores towards the end of the PL season, whether he could or want to commit to a full season over here is another matter.

How many seasons has he been riding and still can't be consistent from a RESERVE berth.Thats one of the reasons GB speedway is in the state that it's is in or is he riding for peanuts over here? I doubt it.
  • Like 1

Newman confirmed as returning next season,good start!

Looking forward to seeing the official press release for this as that is a cracking start to team building. Now get Holder signed up...

Looking forward to seeing the official press release for this as that is a cracking start to team building. Now get Holder signed up...

Thought he was on a 2 year contract :unsure:

it seems that Harley Fisher (Ryans son) has a broken femur as a result of falling off his bike

Whats that got do with plymouth? Better on Glasgow thread ! Edited by lewy

it seems that Harley Fisher (Ryans son) has a broken femur as a result of falling off his bike

Like father...

i am going to need a sa\fe way to mount my roman candles next year, parhaps lewy and sav could com e on to the cetre green and be the stable base for them

i am going to need a sa\fe way to mount my roman candles next year, parhaps lewy and sav could com e on to the cetre green and be the stable base for them

You could ask fisher but he probably wont turn up!