British Speedway Forum

I thought that the footprint of the new stadium overlaps one end of the present stadium so this would be impossible

They seem to have moved the position of the new stadium and it is now only part of the new carpark which overlaps the present stadium. So presumably they will have to use some temporary parking until the corner of the present stadium is demolished. They will have to provide something as the number of proposed parking spaces will not be enough for an average crowd. The parking provision is now 251 spaces around the stadium and 228 overflow spaces. Further parking is planned at the park and ride about 2 mile away where there are 449 spaces available.

Buttons, on 17 Oct 2016 - 7:15 PM, said:

What's going to happen with the homeowners and noise issues when/if the new track gets going, I cannot believe there will be no complaints about the noise!

That could be a problem if they keep building the houses, there are then more people who could possibly complain against any noise or parking issues.

Edited by A ORLOV

Work is supposed to start on Oct 28th, can someone drive past the stadium on say Nov 1st

Work is supposed to start on Oct 28th, can someone drive past the stadium on say Nov 1st

A lot of stuff starting on this date, could end up being a milestone date of speedway in years to come!!

Edited by Shale Searcher

What's going to happen with the homeowners and noise issues when/if the new track gets going, I cannot believe there will be no complaints about the noise!

Surely, if someone moves into a house knowing that there is going to be a development nearby that's likely to cause a disturbance, they can't complain and win? If they, or their solicitors, don't carry out proper searches, how on earth can any residents start a petition asking for another development to be shut down? Crazy world we live in.

• Like 4

Surely, if someone moves into a house knowing that there is going to be a development nearby that's likely to cause a disturbance, they can't complain and win? If they, or their solicitors, don't carry out proper searches, how on earth can any residents start a petition asking for another development to be shut down? Crazy world we live in.

Exactly, and the council has approved everything anyway. They'd be ideal homes for a few Robins fans though.

• Like 1

The Mildenhall couple that caused all the problems for Mildenhall stadium won their court case under similar circumsatnces

Unfortunately either some courts do not take the view that the stadium was there first and the home buyer was aware of the noise when they moved in, or the stadium owners are not complying 100% with the planning permission re the level of noise, time curfews, or any other conditions set down.

That's a good point. I can definitely see a strict curfew put in place if the new stadium is built. At kent they don't go one minute past cut off time.

I think you are wrong, if the Mildenhall case was anything to go by. People moved in close to stadium, complained and won.

It's the 'nuisance' per se that is judged.

• Like 1

Good news. Bit of a strange day to start work on a new project (a Friday), but hopefully it will be the long awaited start it will be!

• Like 1

When I moved into my house opposite a school I knew the deal, for 10 minutes in the morning and afternoon it would be annoying but we would be at work, I'm now part time so in an afternoon it's a bit bonkers when it's home time. I knew this when I bought the house so how could I complain now, similar situation. The plus is at night and weekends it's great having nothing happening opposite so like the speedway it's quiet except when a meetings on

Of course it does. It has been made clear by Government that there is a national shortage of houses. Get real!

There's a national shortage of homes that anyone can afford - a rather different thing!

The Mildenhall situation was not a dimple case of noise from speedway. Noise was going on until2 or 3 in the morning from the stadium, which is outside acceptable hours.

have I missed something? Why cannot the existing stadium be updated? Build a new main stand on back straight whilst continuing racing..?

Edited by Mike.Butler