British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

Are Outside Forces At Work

Trying a slightly different approach :wink:

A popular, articulate and intelligent member of this community has been banned. No one knows exactly why, although various thoughts have been voiced. Whilst I respect absolutely the right of the forum owner to ban whomsoever he wishes, the vast majority of members that have posted on various threads about this seem to think a ban is an over reaction.

My dear old Mum always taught me that "sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you" and that's a maxim I've adhered to all my life. I cannot understand why anyone gets upset because a certain combination of letters either spoken or written can cause anyone to be offended. If you don't like it, ignore it.

What I'm trying to say is I believe that on the information we as ordinary forum members of this community have, the ban is unjustified.

EDIT I see an explanation has now been given and I accept that and thank Phil for posting it. I am leaving the majority of the above because it applies IMHO equally to many cases.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

Phil

I did try and PM you but for some reason I am unable.

Did the BSPA or office complain or has SCB been suspended just for flouting BSF warnings.

Phil

I did try and PM you but for some reason I am unable.

Did the BSPA or office complain or has SCB been suspended just for flouting BSF warnings.

I'd say the latter. Some people sadly feel they are bigger than forum rules.

No conspiracy.

• Like 4

Has Putin been informed about all this?

His statement read

спидвей вентиляторы толщиной сводит меня с ума

Edited by Kester
  • Like 2

His statement read

очень умно :D
Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 1

His statement read

очень умно :D

Which translated to English means:

speedway fans thickness drives me crazy
Very clever

No conspiracy.

Fully agree.

• Like 1

Trying a slightly different approach :wink:

A popular, articulate and intelligent member of this community has been banned. No one knows exactly why, although various thoughts have been voiced. Whilst I respect absolutely the right of the forum owner to ban whomsoever he wishes, the vast majority of members that have posted on various threads about this seem to think a ban is an over reaction.

My dear old Mum always taught me that "sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you" and that's a maxim I've adhered to all my life. I cannot understand why anyone gets upset because a certain combination of letters either spoken or written can cause anyone to be offended. If you don't like it, ignore it.

What I'm trying to say is I believe that on the information we as ordinary forum members of this community have, the ban is unjustified.

EDIT I see an explanation has now been given and I accept that and thank Phil for posting it. I am leaving the majority of the above because it applies IMHO equally to many cases.

I am not so sure that you can speak on behalf of all BSF members.

I can't see that she has.

• Like 2

Read the first quote: isn't that speaking for all members? Nobody is specifically named and I don't accept here comment. Also, I certainly welcome a tougher stance on here from the Moderator/Moderators.

She hasn't.

The clue is that she says "I believe that..." Which is expressing her own opinion, and not speaking for anyone else.

Read the first quote: isn't that speaking for all members?

Erm...no it isn't. What exactly do you think "I" means?

If you're strugging with single letter words, I don't think there's any hope.

• Like 2

I didn't attempt to speak for anyone except myself which as other intelligent forum members have said is why I used the words " I believe "

*with apologies to The Batchelors"

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

No conspiracy.

Yet both Starman and TWK have flouted forum rules with bigoted comments and foul-mouthed outbursts and yet are still posting on here.

All the best

Rob

• Like 5