British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Somerset Vs Rye House 25/03/16 League Cup

Surprised the Rockets team manager didn't use the tactical ride facility

What on Friday you mean?? It was League cup so isn't permitted!

Was at Scunthorpe today and its been confirmed it cam be used during group stages

Edited by phillipsr

That's what I thought. Scunthorpe used it today at home to Sheffield.

Was at Scunthorpe today and its been confirmed it cam be used during group stages

I wonder if Peter Schroek knows?

Edited by Shads

From this years rules and regs

18.2 PREMIER LEAGUE CUP
18.2.1 There will be 4 mini-leagues (3x3 teams and 1x4 teams) where each Team will meet on
a home and away basis.
18.2.2 The top team in each Mini-League will progress to the Semi-Finals.
18.2.3 Semi-Finals and the Final are decided upon the aggregate score of both the home and away
legs. In the event of an aggregate tie Golden Heats will determine the winners.
18.2.4 The Heat Format for the meetings are as per Art. 18.9.1 The TR Facility is not applicable.

18.2 PREMIER LEAGUE CUP
18.2.1 There will be 4 mini-leagues (3x3 teams and 1x4 teams) where each Team will meet on
a home and away basis.
18.2.3 Semi-Finals and the Final are decided upon the aggregate score of both the home and away
18.2.4 The Heat Format for the meetings are as per Art. 18.9.1 The TR Facility is not applicable.

(From speedway Updates)

Heat 10: AUTY, Howarth, Bates, Klindt... 6-3 26-37

Comments: Auty on a tactical ride.

Rule 18.2.3 looks like it may have confused some people. It reads to me like tactical rides can't be used in the semi's and final, but allowed in the group stages. It's been poorly written IMO

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

(From speedway Updates)

Rule 18.2.3 looks like it may have confused some people. It reads to me like tactical rides can't be used in the semi's and final, but allowed in the group stages. It's been poorly written IMO

Is that surprising with Speedway rules? :lol::lol:

• Like 1

(From speedway Updates)

That reads perfectly acceptable to me - that TRs are not allowed. If they are allowed though, someone needs shooting for writing that!

• Like 1

That reads perfectly acceptable to me - that TRs are not allowed. If they are allowed though, someone needs shooting for writing that!

The ref at Scunny was obviously confused by it

That's what I thought. Scunthorpe used it today at home to Sheffield.

I wonder if Peter Schroek knows?

i bet sampers would have known!
  • Like 1

The ref at Scunny was obviously confused by it

Was also very confusing at rye last sat when it was announced that tac rides were not allowed at all in this competition

18.2 PREMIER LEAGUE CUP
a home and away basis.

Agree the presentation above is ambiguous.

Re last Season, the TR was permitted in matches where the overall result was not decided upon the aggregate score, namely League & League Cup Mini-League matches.

Probably intended the same for 2016, and imo the Scunny vs Sheffield interpretation was correct.

The BSPA/SCB should however issue public clarification asap of what exactly the ruling on TRs is, to avoid further inconsistency.

meaning the heat format for the Premier League Cup is as 18.9.1 and TR is not applicable. for that format.

sure this will roll on until an official statement is made

Was also very confusing at rye last sat when it was announced that tac rides were not allowed at all in this competition

To be fair that was my understanding and the change to the PLC rules this year where the ""TR are not allowed" was moved from 18.2.3 semi finals and final to 18.2.4 which lists the heat format and no TR just seems to confirm it.

It's written exactly the same in the KOC which of course doesn't have TR at all.

It's yet another complete balls up with regards to the rules.

18.2 PREMIER LEAGUE CUP
a home and away basis.

Agree the presentation above is ambiguous.

It's not ambiguous. People are just not reading the rules correctly. TR's are not allowed in the PLC. If they had intended for them ONLY NOT to be used in the semis and final then rule 18.2.4 would have to be 18.2.3.1 and would be a sub rule of 18.2.3 but it's not.

Scunthorpes use of a TR was wrong.

It's not ambiguous. People are just not reading the rules correctly. TR's are not allowed in the PLC. If they had intended for them ONLY NOT to be used in the semis and final then rule 18.2.4 would have to be 18.2.3.1 and would be a sub rule of 18.2.3 but it's not.

Scunthorpes use of a TR was wrong.

Agreed. As written, there is no ambiguity. T/R definately NOT allowed in League Cup competition.

Mind you, I wonder if whoever rewrote the rule book actually meant to say that!

• Like 1