British Speedway Forum

for me,king is not performing in prem league and averaging under 6 for Coventry, I cant see him being an automatic pick. "if" being brit champ, gives him a kick, and he becomes consistant, then yes, but too early for me yet

• Like 1

Just dont see it. A second heat leader at very best. The riders like Crump, Lora,. Trick etc were hugely experienced when they won their title. Granted Louis started at a very late age and that would never happen today.

Cook has done well but a Davey Watt or David Norris at best.

OK a second hl at best, which is what he is today and the final on his home track. So who do you pick then beyond tai?

Harris is possibly an El number one.

Nicholls is on oar with cook but far less potential to improve.

King is barely a 3rd hl.

Lambert has the most potential, but you've said you'd put him at reserve where he will ride only in case of injury.

Worrell and garritty could one day be hl, don't think they will be number one material,, but at the moment are 2nd string quality.

Beyond that...?

If you are only going to pick riders who have yhe potential to be as good as holder we'll have to enter a pairs team...

In previous seasons the reserve was used tactically, but this is now not allowed so yes put him in the top four.

Not for many many seasons Steve...

In previous seasons the reserve was used tactically, but this is now not allowed so yes put him in the top four.

the rules changed a few years back. You had a pop at me as I don't go speedway much but I seem to know the rules

Cook is already 29. Heading towards the end of his career. He came to the sport far too late. No point saying Hancock is still going because the guys a freak. Most riders careers stop rising around 30. Cook is more or less at his best now.

Total nonsense John Louis /Jem Doncaster were late starters they did OK.Cook not quite at there level of course but age has nothing to do with it he is dedicated and when on it mighty quick remember Poole Wimbourne Rd last year.? Steve some of your comments are baffling lately, forget Poole no bias no agenda against another club give an impartial view.
  • Like 1

Total nonsense John Louis /Jem Doncaster were late starters they did OK.Cook not quite at there level of course but age has nothing to do with it he is dedicated and when on it mighty quick remember Poole Wimbourne Rd last year.? Steve some of your comments are baffling lately, forget Poole no bias no agenda against another club give an impartial view.

age isn't always a factor. I admit I don't know Jason doyles age, but he progressed late on, hancock is an exception!

age isn't always a factor. I admit I don't know Jason doyles age, but he progressed late on, hancock is an exception!

Doyle had some really nasty injuries and i don't think when he was on the up really liked Poole's track.PUK another one really learned his trade took a few years to get there, failed originally in the GPS got there in the end.Cook has something when i first see him was not overly impressed but he has grown on me when at it he is mighty quick.

Just dont see it. A second heat leader at very best. The riders like Crump, Lora,. Trick etc were hugely experienced when they won their title. Granted Louis started at a very late age and that would never happen today.

Cook has done well but a Davey Watt or David Norris at best.

Steve I know you're on the wind up now :rofl:

no i agree Cook won't reach the heights of Holder but he could still get better and he is already a better rider than Davey Watt ever was

Don't agree with you, Davey at his best is a far better rider than Cook. But, i do agree, Cook is open to more improvement.

OK a second hl at best, which is what he is today and the final on his home track. So who do you pick then beyond tai?

Harris is possibly an El number one.

Nicholls is on oar with cook but far less potential to improve.

King is barely a 3rd hl.

Lambert has the most potential, but you've said you'd put him at reserve where he will ride only in case of injury.

Worrell and garritty could one day be hl, don't think they will be number one material,, but at the moment are 2nd string quality.

Beyond that...?

If you are only going to pick riders who have yhe potential to be as good as holder we'll have to enter a pairs team...

Not for many many seasons Steve...

Garrity is just a lunatic on a bike ,some people say he is entertaining but IMO he is dangerous .
  • Like 2

Craig Cook has improved every season and will continue to learn and impress for many years to come.

I'm surprised people are seriously comparing Craig Cook & Davey Watt.

Craig Cook is a better rider both on and off track. He has improved a lot over the last couple of years and still has a lot more potential. When he does get things wrong he can admit it & also congratulates the winner/team that might have beat him and learns from it.

Davey Watt on the other hand is on a serious decline and other that a handful of meetings, he hasn't been great as a heatleader for a long time. He's one of those riders who doesn't miss a chance to moan or blame somebody else if he does bad as well. It's always another teams track to blame, the weather etc. I think after the love he expressed for golf last year, he might be better to stick to that.

Give me Craig Cook anyday of the week. The fact Poole & Leicester would rather have Bjarne Pedersen & Ludvig Lindgren than Watt speaks volumes 😉

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Craig Cook is a better rider both on and off track. He has improved a lot over the last couple of years and still has a lot more potential. When he does get things wrong he can admit it & also congratulates the winner/team that might have beat him and learns from it.

Davey Watt on the other hand is on a serious decline and other that a handful of meetings, he hasn't been great as a heatleader for a long time. He's one of those riders who doesn't miss a chance to moan or blame somebody else if he does bad as well. It's always another teams track to blame, the weather etc. I think after the love he expressed for golf last year, he might be better to stick to that.

Give me Craig Cook anyday of the week. The fact Poole & Leicester would rather have Bjarne Pedersen & Ludvig Lindgren than Watt speaks volumes

I think Mr Watts recent problems anyway are entirely of his own making. :oops:

• Like 1

Lambert should be reserve.

The last time I saw Lambert he was phenomenal when he gated (once). Really looked different class, but didn't achieve a great deal in the rest of the meeting. Tend to agree that there's plenty of time and at the mo he is maybe not quite consistant enough for a full place.

Don't agree with you, Davey at his best is a far better rider than Cook. But, i do agree, Cook is open to more improvement.

Cook is better than Watt ever was

Give me Craig Cook anyday of the week. The fact Poole & Leicester would rather have Bjarne Pedersen & Ludvig Lindgren than Watt speaks volumes

Of course Cook is a better ride than Watt today. But he has so far not come close to the level Watt was riding at several years ago. A number one, a heat leader in Polands top flight. A much higher average in a tougher league.

Cook cant even get a ride in Poland and has dropped down to the PL. Polish clubs dont rate him, even second division.

I am not anti Cook. But he isn't or ever will be a top rider.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2