British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Lakeside Hammers 6/4/16

As s speedway fan I don't want to see any club fold & hope Coventry & Swindon get the tracks their fans & the sport need.

Think I'll go back to putting the ignore button on.

Let's hope no one pushes the quote button then!!

Always amuses me when I read people post theres naff all to do in Poole. I should imagine theres exactly the same to do in Poole as there is in any other town in this country.

Top quality resteraunts, cinemas, theatres, night clubs, pubs, shops, even a Lidl and Aldi. Plus blue riband beaches, a quay, watersports, scuba diving, fishing, Harry Redknapp and the other multi millionaires on Sandbanks, a nudist beach for those that want to let it all flop out, Paragliding to flow over the top of them and perv, as well as a premier league football club 5 miles down the road.

I should imagine most other towns dont even come close to what Poole and Bournemouth offer. Yep. Naff all to do.

Oh, and a speedway club that has been doing rather well for the last few years.

As for Wednesday, it should be reasonably close.

• Like 2

Always amuses me when I read people post theres naff all to do in Poole. I should imagine theres exactly the same to do in Poole as there is in any other town in this country.

Top quality resteraunts, cinemas, theatres, night clubs, pubs, shops, even a Lidl and Aldi. Plus blue riband beaches, a quay, watersports, scuba diving, fishing, Harry Redknapp and the other multi millionaires on Sandbanks, a nudist beach for those that want to let it all flop out, Paragliding to flow over the top of them and perv, as well as a premier league football club 5 miles down the road.

I should imagine most other towns dont even come close to what Poole and Bournemouth offer. Yep. Naff all to do.

Oh, and a speedway club that has been doing rather well for the last few years.

As for Wednesday, it should be reasonably close.

You forgot Poole park & the enormous ice creams Steve🍦🍦

No that's the average crowd at Lakeside !

Don't be daft. There's usually more than that in the que for Jon Cooks autograph !

• Like 2

No definitely the Elite League & up until 2 years ago I used to spend a lot of time on holiday on the South Coast.

Always went to Poole if there was a meeting on whilst I was their so have a fair idea of the crowd then.

It was bad by the other seasons so shows how many glory fans Poole have.

Bit of a poor last bit of your post or would you be happy if Swindon didn't get a new stadium & folded?.

I would rather you get a new stadium. But will it be in the near future ?

To be fair Poole always get good crowds.............even in the dark days of the early 80's we had good crowds.............they may dip off a little if we have a bad year but not by as much as has been implied................

Hopefully there this week.................and I think its going to be closer than most people think.............Lakeside early in the season is usually close and could go one way or the other.............

A win for us but only by about 10 points....................

RP

• Like 1

So the Poole website and fans forum say its Lawson rather than Eddie in for Lakeside?! I wonder who Gerald will prepare the track for???

Rain forecast for Overnight tonight and into Wednesday am but should clear nicely for the evening.

52-38

Lawson riding, Edward was in team for wed, then lakeside changed it!!!

Hmmm, interesting. Though probably get similar scores anyway.

:rofl:

You really are stressed arn't you,.. even then our crowds were not that bad in the great scheme of things, funny how you pick on our one bad year in 17 to go and watch us, must have been the Buccanneers your talking about... Yes mate, ive been a fan since 1970. And just to add to that, whatever you get we will get double.. Be careful what you wish for, your "new stadium" is not even thought of yet..I would rather ours than your falling to pieces shed.. Have a nice night.. ;)

You only go because you get in free to sell the Speedway Star! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Lawson riding, Edward was in team for wed, then lakeside changed it!!!

Hard not to include the guy who scored a paid max in his last away meeting really. Bit of a kick in the gonads for Kennett though! Signed for the season and has now basically wont get meetings while Lawson is doing well but can't even sign for another team! Mind you, Barker signed up for that at Coventry, fool!

You only go because you get in free to sell the Speedway Star! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wish it was free for me...hell I'd spend 20mins doing that for free!! :lol:

Hard not to include the guy who scored a paid max in his last away meeting really. Bit of a kick in the gonads for Kennett though! Signed for the season and has now basically wont get meetings while Lawson is doing well but can't even sign for another team! Mind you, Barker signed up for that at Coventry, fool!

THINK there is a feeling that Eddie's mind is with Rye House not Lakeside.