British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Coventry V Poole El Friday 22nd April 2016

Sadly I can't see many fans paying to watch their team beaten every week, regardless of who they support.

Belle Vue fans did and over many seasons in a terrible stadium. We're either mad or very loyal. Keep the faith, whatever the faults of the management this is a season when Coventry supporters have got to show to the local councils and the media that there is significant support to keep the club going after this season.

• Like 3

Belle Vue fans did and over many seasons in a terrible stadium. We're either mad or very loyal. Keep the faith, whatever the faults of the management this is a season when Coventry supporters have got to show to the local councils and the media that there is significant support to keep the club going after this season.

I think that's what's worse. This looks likely to be our last season after all these years and we are going to go out on a low. 😕 It's gojng to be a tough season for Coventry Fans

Hope this fixture is better than tonights diabolical performance.

It might be fractionally better but with Lindgren in for Holder making the Pirates even stronger and Coventry having a 6 man team, another thrashing looks likely.

The weather channel and met office are currently showing 60% chance of rain between 3pm - 8pm tomorrow night

Our crowds held up when we finished bottom in 2013, no reason that wont happen again. Weather doesn't look too great for tomorrow.

The weather channel and met office are currently showing 60% chance of rain between 3pm - 8pm tomorrow night

That's the best thing all round if it's off.

BBC is showing tomorrow as dry in Coventry though overcast all day.

Looking forward to the meeting tomorrow night. Coventry will come out with all guns blazing to seek revenge after last nights thrashing. The thing is, will it be bazookas or a gun filled with blanks?

It will certainly be close. KK and Harris, and King to an extent, will be a different kettle of fish around Brandon. Garrity and the reserves will be battling as well so I don't expect there to be much in it. Just as close as the ES there last month.

4 points in it.

I seem to recall Poole haven't been too bad on a soaking wet Brandon track before. ;-)

• Like 1

I seem to recall Poole haven't been too bad on a soaking wet Brandon track before. ;-)

Way to open a can of worms!

Fans who stay away close down a club.

Fans that move away and desert a club can also be potentially considered.... :wink:

It might be fractionally better but with Lindgren in for Holder making the Pirates even stronger and Coventry having a 6 man team, another thrashing looks likely.

I don't see why it should. Coventry at home are not significantly weaker than Lakeside at home. KK should be roughly the same as AJ is at Lakeside and Bomber at Brandon is as good if not better than any equivalent Hammers heatleaders. Lakeside beat Poole with a six man team because they got stuck in and had the crowd behind them to come from 6 points down to take the win.

Coventry have the potential to win this, but it means digging deep, functioning as a team and the fans getting behind them.

Giant killing is what Speedwáy is all about. If the Bees pull this off you will all be walking on air for I week as I was when Lakeside beat Poole. Get in and support your team. It's a big ask but it's doable.

Hope tonight goes ahead can Coventry get one back on Poole [/quote

What's happening tonight

• Like 1

What a wonderful night's speedway that was for the paying public! Poole got what they wanted so that makes it okay though.

Pathetic piece of arrogance.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

I don't see why it should. Coventry at home are not significantly weaker than Lakeside at home. KK should be roughly the same as AJ is at Lakeside and Bomber at Brandon is as good if not better than any equivalent Hammers heatleaders. Lakeside beat Poole with a six man team because they got stuck in and had the crowd behind them to come from 6 points down to take the win.

Coventry have the potential to win this, but it means digging deep, functioning as a team and the fans getting behind them.

Giant killing is what Speedwáy is all about. If the Bees pull this off you will all be walking on air for I week as I was when Lakeside beat Poole. Get in and support your team. It's a big ask but it's doable.

The biggest difference is the track you rode poole on at lakeside !! The pirate heat leaders really dont like the place unlike brandon which they ride as well as any away track in the country !! I would fancy the bee's chances more if we faced poole at purfleet to be honest !!

• Like 3