British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

Belle Vue Vs King's Lynn May 2nd

Small oval car racing is bound by Health & Safety as much as any other motor sport. It's a legal requirement. But I agree with you Danny Smith that the weather has to be really bad to force a postponement. Aside from Belle Vue running as usual today while their speedway neighbours have another postponement. I have been to winter car racing at Wimbledon when there has been snow - NO ICE though - on the track.

Are you for real, you are expecting riders to race round at speed unable to see properly because of the wet shale being thrown up at them by the bike in front. Last year our sport lost perhaps the most talented speedway rider on this planet at the moment to a nasty racing accident in near perfect conditions (weather wise), you expect others to unnecessarily put their life on the line for your pleasure.

• Like 2

What a shame that this meeting was called off yesterday. Despite Trees grumbling about the 12 noon start time ;):D I'd have actually preferred it then as it allows more time for getting home afterwards in daylight hours. What with not being at work today anyway and also, by chance, having the day off tomorrow, having the meeting go ahead today would've been perfect for me personally. Now sadly it looks like I will not make it to Belle Vue's new stadium this year, which is disappointing, but hey ho!

Small oval car racing is bound by Health & Safety as much as any other motor sport. It's a legal requirement. But I agree with you Danny Smith that the weather has to be really bad to force a postponement. Aside from Belle Vue running as usual today while their speedway neighbours have another postponement. I have been to winter car racing at Wimbledon when there has been snow - NO ICE though - on the track.

Are you for real, you are expecting riders to race round at speed unable to see properly because of the wet shale being thrown up at them by the bike in front. Last year our sport lost perhaps the most talented speedway rider on this planet at the moment to a nasty racing accident in near perfect conditions (weather wise), you expect others to unnecessarily put their life on the line for your pleasure.

Sorry hyderd. I have not made the suggestion you have raised in response to my previous quote. All I did was make clear that stock cars/hot rods-etc are bound by H&S as much as any other motorsport. The drew attention to conditions in which is deemed safe for the cars to race.I made no mention that speedway should take place under similar conditions. :icon_smile_clown:

Sorry hyderd. I have not made the suggestion you have raised in response to my previous quote. All I did was make clear that stock cars/hot rods-etc are bound by H&S as much as any other motorsport. The drew attention to conditions in which is deemed safe for the cars to race.I made no mention that speedway should take place under similar conditions. :icon_smile_clown:

Are you still here :mad::icon_smile_clown::mad::icon_smile_clown::mad:

They'd have also ran 3 or 4 other meetings by now though!

Three league matches as I don't think today's would have made it.

We lost seven league matches to the elements last year and we currently stand at four this year. I'm hopeful we can beat last years sorry total and though they wouldn't have saved today's meeting the track covers should save some over the rest of the season.

All in all I'm happy to be at NSS rather than a dog bowl.

• Like 1

Well why make statements that 4 wheel motor sports race in wet weather conditions on a speedway site. I recon the clown suits you better.

Well why make statements that 4 wheel motor sports race in wet weather conditions on a speedway site. I recon the clown suits you better.

...because the comment was designed to indicate how each compares in matching the weather when it comes to racing in inclement conditions. Or is that too much for you to comprehend?

...because the comment was designed to indicate how each compares in matching the weather when it comes to racing in inclement conditions. Or is that too much for you to comprehend?

No I understand completely, however it still has nowt to do with Belle Vue postponing matches due to our wonderful north west weather and you can't compare wet 4 wheel motor sport to wet speedway.

• Like 1

Great,super

You'll be telling us that Greyhounds don't make as much noise as speedway bikes next.Thanks for the insight

• Like 1

I bet the general public - non speedway folk for example - will be delighted to know how some of their Community Charge payments - based on the quoted Post - are being used.

Ignoring the not needed abuse from you nw42, you may be pleased to know that "the folks next door" have confirmed today's stock car racing at Belle Vue will go ahead. They even carry a prediction on their website that a warm afternoon is forecast.

These were your first 2 posts of the day on this thread, so if you weren't implying that the speedway should have gone ahead because the stock cars were running then tell me what you were saying.

Obviously your first post quoted above was so completely wide of the mark and just another example of your nasty nature.

Do you ever wonder why you get the same treatment on here as you do on the stock car forum? Must be everybody else eh...

Edited by nw42
  • Like 2

Oulton Park had a race cut short due to rain, another postponed by 30 min till the rain stopped, another had a number of fallers due to lack of grip.

And thats on tarmac which can dry out fairly quickly with no rain and warm conditions which was the case at Oulton Park.

BV decision must have been the right decision judging on Oulton paprk which is about 30 miles west from BV and the weather was going BVs way from the west.

Wouldnt like to be at Oulton Park in a car today, much of the car park areas are on greass, and some not on level grass - would be a nightmare at going home time.

Oulton Park had a race cut short due to rain, another postponed by 30 min till the rain stopped, another had a number of fallers due to lack of grip.

And thats on tarmac which can dry out fairly quickly with no rain and warm conditions which was the case at Oulton Park.

BV decision must have been the right decision judging on Oulton paprk which is about 30 miles west from BV and the weather was going BVs way from the west.

Wouldnt like to be at Oulton Park in a car today, much of the car park areas are on greass, and some not on level grass - would be a nightmare at going home time.

I know what you mean Joe but then again it's always good to have a spin around on the grass in your car without getting in any trouble.

The weather forecast was spot on, so the decision was proved right. However the weather is due to improve, is there any chance of Belle Vue rearranging something for next weekend, which is currently blank?

The weather forecast was spot on, so the decision was proved right. However the weather is due to improve, is there any chance of Belle Vue rearranging something for next weekend, which is currently blank?

GP qualifiers this Saturday...

National league?

Quickest answer to a wish ever, this Friday v Mildenhall!!