British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Craig Cook Signs For Peterboro' In Prem League (double Downer)

We all know Poole have their own rules.

No there are rules and Poole like everybody else have to adere to them. If the management comittee didn't approve we wouldn't have signed Bjarne..

BSPA Twitter confirming Cook has been allowed to join Peterborough, official statement to follow

• Like 1

Common sense at last, Craig Cook rightly allowed back into the Premier League in the best interested of British Speedway and also allows a young guy the chance to prove himself in Tom Stokes :t:

• Like 4

For all this waffle on this thread the blame clearly sits with the Peterborough promotion. They were told by a member of the MC is a friendly conversation before the attempted signing that the signing would proably not be allowed.

Now common senseseems to be lacking from the Peterborough promotion. Rather than making a fanfare about the signing, then ending up throwing toys out of the pram, what he should have done was apply for the changes on the quiet, and waited for an answer.

A negative would have meant stay as you are and no one would be any the wiser, or a possitive and fanfare time. To do what he did, after advice from an MC member, and completely ignore it, shows naivety at best and stupidty at worst.

And the threats of pulling out are quite pathetic. The BSPA won't bow down to this type of behaviour, and rightly so.

Only people to blame here are the Peterborough promotion IMO. And why are these threads are blocking up the EL section? Its a PL issue so the mods should move them over.

Sorry Steve,i cant agree that Peterborough are to blame,from the start of the season they declared TWO race nights,and for that very reason you CANT state their is a problem because in hiring Cook there is more a question of how the rule can be interpretated and common sense can come into play so he can ride.If they ONLY raced on Fridays i can see your point.Im the first to slam double ups,and i really dont like them,but even i can see past my hate of the situation and say there isnt really a problem with cook racing in both leagues.

Edited by speedwaysliders

I have slagged off the bspa but at least they were man enough to see they had messed up and saw sense.

I have slagged off the bspa but at least they were man enough to see they had messed up and saw sense.

I don't quite think that is the case..

Peterborough declared Sunday as their race day so the same night race night argument was null and void..

• Like 2

Well I am pleased the situation is resolved but still stand by my opinion that Cook as an EL heat leader should not be riding in the PL.

• Like 2

A little forethought and judgement by the BSPA could have resulted in this being dealt with in a way which actually is in the best interests of the sport and would have prevented them being held up to ridicule.

Once they had decided that the clash of two Friday nights was a problem all they needed to do was realise that Peterborough were actually using two race nights, speak to them, point out their concerns and hey presto, the problem would have been solved. No upset, no looking silly, instead an announcement that would show they were being proactive and actively trying to do something to help both Peterborough and Craig Cook.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 5

Well I am pleased the situation is resolved but still stand by my opinion that Cook as an EL heat leader should not be riding in the PL.

Easy to say when your not skint like he is!

• Like 1

I am glad the situation is resolved and Cook will be unbeatable at the showground but why they had to settle it all in public is beyond me. Why they couldnt have discussed in private before any announcement was made i dont know. Peterborough seemed initially to want to announce it quickly to force the hand of the bspa.

• Like 2

I am glad the situation is resolved and Cook will be unbeatable at the showground but why they had to settle it all in public is beyond me. Why they couldnt have discussed in private before any announcement was made i dont know. Peterborough seemed initially to want to announce it quickly to force the hand of the bspa.

With you on this one, Peterborough should know the rules and have worked behind the scenes, whether they would've had a positive outcome like the one they have we'll never know .....