British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Craig Cook Signs For Peterboro' In Prem League (double Downer)

COMMON SENSE PREVAILS,

After being let down by his Polish side then the BSPA should be helpimh Craig ,,not hindering him

• Like 3

Easy to say when your not skint like he is!

wish i was £1 behind him

A little forethought and judgement by the BSPA could have resulted in this being dealt with in a way which actually is in the best interests of the sport and would have prevented them being held up to ridicule.

Once they had decided that the clash of two Friday nights was a problem all they needed to do was realise that Peterborough were actually using two race nights, speak to them, point out their concerns and hey presto, the problem would have been solved. No upset, no looking silly, instead an announcement that would show they were being proactive and actively trying to do something to help both Peterborough and Craig Cook.

if they done it for cook theyd set a precedent...for all and sundry, Peterborough look like theyve relented and changed most fridays... Happy days.

Well I am pleased the situation is resolved but still stand by my opinion that Cook as an EL heat leader should not be riding in the PL.

Steve you need to get real,Cook has ambition but at the end of the day the bills have to be paid also he has suffered by not being as sharp as he should of been.Also look at Poland/Sweden how hard is it to get a place there you have people like Drabik at reserve there.Cook is in a difficult position a vicious circle he needs rides to earn money also to get better and try to compete with the big boys invest more into his aquipment.
  • Like 1

A little forethought and judgement by the BSPA could have resulted in this being dealt with in a way which actually is in the best interests of the sport and would have prevented them being held up to ridicule.

Once they had decided that the clash of two Friday nights was a problem all they needed to do was realise that Peterborough were actually using two race nights, speak to them, point out their concerns and hey presto, the problem would have been solved. No upset, no looking silly, instead an announcement that would show they were being proactive and actively trying to do something to help both Peterborough and Craig Cook.

Not really ..Boro were told that the move would not be allowed ...so they should have never have gone public ...if they had gone back and ask why and how the move could have gone ahead we would not have any of all the drama that followed ....not saying the bspa have done great but boro must take most of the blame for going public about a signing that was never going to be allowed .

• Like 1

wish i was £1 behind him

if they done it for cook theyd set a precedent...for all and sundry, Peterborough look like theyve relented and changed most fridays... Happy days.

I think you misread my post. My point was that if they had contacted Peterborough and said it was the Friday race night that was the problem, Peterborough would have reminded them that they also used Sundays and could change to that being their official race night and hey presto, problem solved. All we would have known was that the BSPA had acted in the best interests of the sport by taking sensible action to resolve the problem. They may even have been applauded rather than making themselves look foolish.

I agree with Orion, did I say that out loud, that Peterborough could have handled this better but it is the responsibility of the Management Committee, acting as a tribunal, to ensure that they are aware of all the relevant facts and consider them before making a decision. They obviously didn't or they would have seen the possible solution staring them in the face.

Edited by Aces51

So the BSPA disallow it because of clashes, nothing actually changes in reality and they allow it. What a bunch of morons. Morons who eventually come to the right decision, I refuse to say well done as I wouldnt have said well done if they had just allowed it for the start!

I think you misread my post. My point was that if they had contacted Peterborough and said it was the Friday race night that was the problem, Peterborough would have reminded them that they also used Sundays and could change to that being their official race night and hey presto, problem solved. All we would have known was that the BSPA had acted in the best interests of the sport by taking sensible action to resolve the problem. They may even have been applauded rather than making themselves look foolish.

I agree with Orion, did I say that out loud, that Peterborough could have handled this better but it is the responsibility of the Management Committee, acting as a tribunal, to ensure that they are aware of all the relevant facts and consider them before making a decision. They obviously didn't or they would have seen the possible solution staring them in the face.

but they tryed to re declare and the bspa said no, Godfrey also told Rathbone as a friend it prop wouldnt be sanctioned... I cant see what they have done wrong?

Cant we declare this team?

No

Why?

Because race nights clash and if we let you then we have to let anyone.

Perterborough then went public about it up in arms, but then obviously realised they needed to alter something and re declare

Everyone happy.

• Like 1

It the responsibility of the management committee to accept or decline team changes with the facts given ..in this case they were asked to accept cook as a boro rider who would had the same race night as his El what clearly is not being allowed so they said no . its not up to them to run Boro's team affairs or indeed find a solution that is up to Boro .

• Like 2

Well I am pleased the situation is resolved but still stand by my opinion that Cook as an EL heat leader should not be riding in the PL.

Why when the gulf between the 2 leagues is as small as its ever been..Newman's averages prove that.

COMMON SENSE PREVAILS,

After being let down by his Polish side then the BSPA should be helpimh Craig ,,not hindering him

Well said, there is no way we should hinder BRITISH riders from earning a living.

Common sense that should have been dealt with at the time.

• Like 1

Why when the gulf between the 2 leagues is as small as its ever been..Newman's averages prove that.

Theres a massive gulf between the two leagues.

Well said, there is no way we should hinder BRITISH riders from earning a living.

Common sense that should have been dealt with at the time.

of course there should be a way ...you can't just do you what you want just because it's allows a brit to earn more money

Edited by orion

Not really ..Boro were told that the move would (may) not be allowed ...so they should have never have gone public (they hadn't planned to) ...if they had gone back and ask why and how the move could have gone ahead (they did) we would not have any of all the drama that followed ....not saying the bspa have done great (understatement) but boro must take most of the blame for going public (forced) about a signing that was never going to be allowed (never say never) .

My assumptions added to yours in brackets.

Seriously, this situation highlights how out of control we are. Strange thing to me is in my opinion I'm not convinced it strengthens Panthers that much - short term.

My assumptions added to yours in brackets.

Seriously, this situation highlights how out of control we are. Strange thing to me is in my opinion I'm not convinced it strengthens Panthers that much - short term.

What are your assumptions base on ?

of course there should be a way ...you can't just do you what you want just because it's allows a brit to earn more money

I'm not suggesting that at all. Rules are there for a reason.

The point I was trying to make we should be doing MORE to help British riders and that includes a right to earn a living from their country of birth!