British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh Select V Belle Vue Colts (ch) 20/5/16 @7.30pm

As mentioned above he's only allowed to ride in NL matches.

Presumably because there are some non-NL standard riders in this (e.g.Lawson and Eheridge (!!) ) presumably that's why he's not in.

Will be interesting (sort of) to see which one is "better"; Ethahoo or Dud...

He's only 15 apparently, and this isn't technically an NL level match.

I didn't realise the age limit was different for non-NL fixtures. So is it 16?

Not a great meeting, but for £12 i certainly can't complain. Plenty of effort on show, and good to see Willie Lawson back on a bike. Ace to see Dan Bewley get an 18 point max though. One for the future hopefully.

• Like 1

Not a great deal of passing but close racing and all the young guys gave 100%. Track wasn't ideal to be fair, with the rain falling all meeting. Special mention to Dan Bewley tonight more of that in the blue & gold please.

The age limit seems ridiculous, all of this crap about bringing on young talent but they won't let young riders ride?? Seems weird, this would have been a big night and a lot of experience for Joe Lawlor, but instead he's sat at home doing his homework now?? I just don't understand

Also what average would William Lawson come in on? A 3.00?

Rambling time again....

First of all, well done to all 14 riders for competing on a wet track that got worse as the night progressed. Hope Dale Lamb is ok after his two falls, one when lying down.

Belle Vue showed their team experience of regular meetings despite only having one heat winner - it helps that Dan won 6 heats with his last two starts very impressive! Well done young man! With good back up from Matt Williamson and Rob Shuttleworth especially, they won the match in ht 15 when Jye just tried too hard.

For the Monarchs select Max had a good night but two poor starts cost him points in ht 13 & 15 - Max, you have four laps to pass, you will learn!

Dale was unlucky with two falls, one when he laid the bike down. Mitchell looked decent, young Willie Lawson? A fall in one but looked decent on what I dont imagine will be modern machinery? Jye continues to baffle - some good starts, three wins then a fall in ht 15- he needs to take confidence from his wins. Lewis and Kev were well off the pace but picked up some gift points, the experience of a proper meeting will encourage them I am sure.

For the Colts, Matt picked up a good score but only by meeting the Monarchs juniors and taking advantage of a Max fall. Good 7 points though. Holt got a couple and fell but looked steady enough as did Woolley. Shuttleworth backed up Dan well with 9 points, Lee Payne picked up 5 and was always not far off, Basford had a couple of exclusions.

So what did tonight prove? There's no doubt Monarchs have three problems in the team, Max, Jye and Dan for various reasons. They probably felt some pressure tonight with the appearance of Mitchell and Willie but what did we learn? Lets start with Max - He's already picked up this last few weeks after a sticky start and only by being too impatient in ht 13 will he be annoyed. Dan? superb performance, it will be a problem with BV Colts fixture clashes but this young man is progressing by the lap. Jye? How do we criticize our joint top scorer tonight? Could Willie do a better job within a few weeks? No idea.

Lastly, on a night of falls, our esteemed raffle ticket Molly had a wee fall on the back straight terracing tonight, no doubt the BSF will blame Ryan lol. She seemed none the worse and there was no need for r/r. I'm missing in France for two weeks now so please make sure she is ok next week - I advised her to put a wee bit water

in her nip ;) Take care Molly

• Like 1

Story last night was that the problem has gone and that Monarchs have first call on Dan now.

Story last night was that the problem has gone and that Monarchs have first call on Dan now.

That would be excellent news.

So is he available at Rye tomorrow?

• Like 1

Maybe a little patience is called for and realise that the Monarchs are not going to win everything again this season.

Unless we give young riders their chance what future will the sport have!

• Like 3

Gr8 night for the lads...... Invaluable track time. Shame about the weather!!!

Confused how Bewley want allowed to race in this fixture but ok in the pairs tonight at Workington. Doesn't make any sense.