British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Scunthorpe Scorpions Premier League Knock Out Cup Monday 11th July At 7.30pm

hows it childish? Because i have a different opinion and you dont like the truth?? You want fair play and the rules to be applied for all teams bar your own.

You have defended just about everything your team has got away with on here, yet cry foul play by any other. Hypocrite.

As I have already said the correct decision was applied . if you don't like the rules tough, it has nothing to do with Peterborough but because you don't like the truth your only answer is to have a swipe at me because I support Peterborough. Pathetic and childish over reaction.

Understand he was injured,but if he had been fit he couldn't have ridden for both teams at the same time. So how can both teams declare him as R/R on the same evening?

Thats Speedway!.As he is not a No 1 at Lynn so r/r.No1 at Newcastle so they have a choice r/r or Guest

Apart from the R/R crap.

A good nights racing and brilliant performance by our top 4. Scunny unfortunately were a two man team and it was nice to see that one of them was the returning Lewis Kerr. He started slowly but had some great races after that. Track was good and Jonny kept the dirt in play at all times, by using the scarifier grader ensuring there was dirt on all lines.

Being our off race night brought the usual poor crowd level, which is a pity as the missing few missed out on a great powerful show. I had hoped the Scunny had turned the corner, after the Glasgow result, but i suppose Davies injury possibly knocked the stuffing out of them. Well, now onto the next round of the cup with visitors/opposition in the form of the strong team from Sheffield next Sunday.

Many happy birthday greetings for Matej who rode brilliantly and was giving out free t-shirts in celebration of his birthday. Great to see it Matej.

In the morning/afternoon next Sunday, we will be holding a training school, FREE to all Diamonds riders/fans. As usual everyone needs to be at Brough for 10.30 to do the dog track sheets, prior to the session which starts at 1.00pm till 2.30. Can everyone make every effort to help with the sheets, all riders must help if they ride, as without this help there would be no training school.

Edited by Tsunami

Talk about tying ourselves up in knots ? ..Lambert versus Davies is not like for like on this seasons form; and also if you consider the averages of the two riders related to the R/R facility Lambert can be replaced by; (the rider above him in the CMA's - ie; No1 Steve Worrall and everyone below that includes No3 Lindgren 7.27). Meanwhile for Scunthorpe application of the same rule for Davies; (brings in the rider above Lewis Kerr 6.28 and everyone below; none including Kerr can match Lindgren in the averages). So definite disadvantage to Scunthorpe there.

Thinking this through the only fair way to balance this up; would be to turn back the clock to the 1970's and promote the No8 for each track to be one of the reserves. Promote the highest average reserve (MPT for Scunthorpe and guest Garica (Rose) for Diamonds to the main body of the team).

Then I think you end up with a better balanced and common sense scenario. Of course things are never going to be equal are they; but is that not the nature of any sporting contest ?. By trying so desperately to limit team strengths and even everything up; you just end up in knots which is where I came in.

Talk about tying ourselves up in knots ? ..Lambert versus Davies is not like for like on this seasons form; and also if you consider the averages of the two riders related to the R/R facility Lambert can be replaced by; (the rider above him in the CMA's - ie; No1 Steve Worrall and everyone below that includes No3 Lindgren 7.27). Meanwhile for Scunthorpe application of the same rule for Davies; (brings in the rider above Lewis Kerr 6.28 and everyone below; none including Kerr can match Lindgren in the averages). So definite disadvantage to Scunthorpe there.

Thinking this through the only fair way to balance this up; would be to turn back the clock to the 1970's and promote the No8 for each track to be one of the reserves. Promote the highest average reserve (MPT for Scunthorpe and guest Garica (Rose) for Diamonds to the main body of the team).

Then I think you end up with a better balanced and common sense scenario. Of course things are never going to be equal are they; but is that not the nature of any sporting contest ?. By trying so desperately to limit team strengths and even everything up; you just end up in knots which is where I came in.

Why should Newcastle be penalised because Lambert is a better rider and on a higher average than Davies just to give an advantage to Scunthorpe?

• Like 3

Fantastic performance by the Diamonds last night with our top 4 getting 53 points in total. Palovaara was brilliant last night and fully deserved his spot in Heat 15. I must admit I had my doubts when we brought him in but he has really surprised me and is a great addition to the team. I thought we would miss Lambert and Rose a lot more than we actually did and I was worried Scunny would run us close, but the Diamonds top 4 seemed fired up for this one, wonder what George put in the tea!!! Ludvig was outstanding and should ride injured more often and we demonstrated some great team riding at times. Onto Sheffield now which will be a whole different ball game and they may offer one of the toughest tests of the season I think.

One negative last night was the once again poor showing of Danny Phillips, I for one think it is time we called time on his Diamonds career. He does not seem to be getting any better and if anything is getting worse and is often almost half a lap behind everyone else. In heat 2 he made the gate and was last by the mid point of turn 1/2 of lap one and then proceeded to go even further backwards. I do not have the answers and have no idea who we would replace him with but I think we need to. Roy said Danny was on a mission last night, I am still struggling to work out what that mission was!!!

Great performance and good to see Kerr back and winning heats, even if he did seem to try and run Worrall into the back straight safety fence. :nono::nono:

Edited by diamond@heart

Understand he was injured,but if he had been fit he couldn't have ridden for both teams at the same time. So how can both teams declare him as R/R on the same evening?

Because, for some bizarre reason, the BSPA agreed to this rule!

The way I see it is this (in my opinion, of course) and I say this regards any team effected, not just because it's Newcastle, Robert Lambert was never going to be riding last night for Newcastle. He withdrew from the meeting at Coventry through injury, not the Newcastle match, so the Diamonds should have been allowed the guest last night. On Friday at Somerset, should RL still be out injured, then it should be R/R as he is unavailable to ride for Newcastle (and all subsequent meetings for both clubs). It's like saying last night at 7.30pm.,"It's raining at Coventry, so tonight's match at Brough is postponed"!!!!

It's doing the guest out of a pre-arranged (and booked in good faith) booking and therefore extra income and, more importantly, it's short-changing the fans (again).

But, seeing as we were making the rules up as we went along (heat 15) last night, what do you expect?

• Like 2

Why should Newcastle be penalised because Lambert is a better rider and on a higher average than Davies just to give an advantage to Scunthorpe?

I think my point is to take both Lambert and Davies's averages out of the match all together. No R/R and you promote your No8 rider as we would have done back in the day. That way there is still "advantage" to Newcastle on higher CMA's and on home track; so I am not looking for a favour for Scunthorpe that would be daft again.

I think my point is to take both Lambert and Davies's averages out of the match all together. No R/R and you promote your No8 rider as we would have done back in the day. That way there is still "advantage" to Newcastle on higher CMA's and on home track; so I am not looking for a favour for Scunthorpe that would be daft again.

No sorry how is than not an advantage to Scunthorpe - your taking two riders out with a big difference in averages and replacing these by then promoting 2 riders on the same average?

• Like 1

And yet again we have to ride a match without our number one as Belle Vue at Swindon when we due at Sheffield for 2nd leg of quarter final

We don't have him for Somerset this Friday either!!

As I have already said the correct decision was applied . if you don't like the rules tough, it has nothing to do with Peterborough but because you don't like the truth your only answer is to have a swipe at me because I support Peterborough. Pathetic and childish over reaction.

ffs change the record, i never once said the rule wasnt followed or shouldn't have been, i posed a question about common sense and when/how the rule is applied in circumstances like this. You jumped on it ( probably because of Lamberts involvement) as if you're a stickler for the rules... But you're not, you have defended until you are blue in the face everything peterborough, so if the fact that you have over reacted, not understood the post, been a massive hypocrite is pathetic and childish then so be it.

When is a booked guest that is sanctioned for a missing rider and is then revoked acceptable? On the day? Once hes at the stadium, after tea? The day before??

I gave a scenario of Lambert breaking down and therefore not riding for KL, or getting injured on parade, is Newcastles guest then not sanctioned because lambert isnt riding for KL?? If you cant answe just say so instead of being a hypocritical troll.

• Like 3

Why does Danny Phillips not come out in a heat on somebody else's machine as if you are not making money you can surely not keep it up to standard, This is just a suggestion& you would realise if it is him mentally or the bike.Was a good meeting& all the top 4 for Newcastle did more than expected.Nice to see Kerr back& Bailey will do ok in time.

Great performance by the top 4 carrying both r/r and both reserves and still got through comfortably. Only opposition was Kerr and Palm Toft who was ordinary but still got 7 rides and decent points Bailey showed some promise through. Unfortunately Danny struggles seem to be getting worse he surely needs a break from pl before it ruins him completely. Problem is lack of replacements best option is probably somebody who would benefit from experience, but not score any points at first but would gradually improve. Its a huge disadvantage when every other side has decent brit, and our only weakness apart from missing riders. If we had good reserve would cause anybody problems at home since we have 6 riders capable of riding like heatleader already.

Edited by Big Diamond

Would say Connor Mountain or George Wood be two to consider?.The Diamonds over the years have been great with young riders problem is you don't want riders totally being shot of any confidence if things don't work out.