British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Keep up sweet cheeks, there was no help in setting up the training schools.

I have been told that he requested a number of tracks to help and one in particular wanted to have ride and slide days as they call them rather than do the training schools.

He had no help from the powers that be.

Tai couldnt possibly be at every training school and help in setting them up and running them wasnt forthcoming

Full of weak excuses as he could hire a track and run a training school the same as many other riders have in the past.

• Like 1

Tai couldnt possibly be at every training school

So if he couldn't be at every training school, how would they be any different to a training school run by anyone else, most of whom as I understand are actually in attendance

• Like 2

Full of weak excuses as he could hire a track and run a training school the same as many other riders have in the past.

Hello Mcfly!!

He tried to hire some tracks and didnt get help. The authoritys wouldnt offer help either.

The reason Woffinden hasn't mentioned the reason why he has quit teamgb is because it might not make him look very good.

I was told the exact reason on Monday from a reliable source who I will not disclose, so some on here will not want to believe this and it is their perogative.

Woffinden was very unhappy with only receiving 25% of the prize money TeamGB won for coming second. The prize money has always been split evenly betwen the riders. They ride as a team, and get the rewards as a team. But Woffinden wanted nearly 60% of the prize money, with the other 40% devided up between the other three riders. His argument was that he had scored 19 points, therefore he was entitled to a percentage equivelent to that out of 32 points. (Just short of 60%)

He was told that was not how it was done, and that all riders get the same, but he wouldn't have it.

So there you go.

There are plenty of peole who think I am a dick. Water off a dicks back. I don't know Hagonshocker any more than I know you.

Was harsh from me sorry Steve,and you are not a nasty chap just passionate about your club nothing wrong with that.

The reason Woffinden hasn't mentioned the reason why he has quit teamgb is because it might not make him look very good.

I was told the exact reason on Monday from a reliable source who I will not disclose, so some on here will not want to believe this and it is their perogative.

Woffinden was very unhappy with only receiving 25% of the prize money TeamGB won for coming second. The prize money has always been split evenly betwen the riders. They ride as a team, and get the rewards as a team. But Woffinden wanted nearly 60% of the prize money, with the other 40% devided up between the other three riders. His argument was that he had scored 19 points, therefore he was entitled to a percentage equivelent to that out of 32 points. (Just short of 60%)

He was told that was not how it was done, and that all riders get the same, but he wouldn't have it.

So there you go.

Why am I not surprised! I hope Rosco (or whoever he spoke to about it) told him where to go.

To be fair, IF that has any credibility (and I have my doubts), has Tai not got a point? That's all I will say as most on here won't be able to discuss it further without resorting to childish nonsense or abuse.

Tai should get the same as everybody else. Simple as. What he gets at Wolves is entirely up to them.

Edited by Starman2006

So there you go.

So he won't ride for Team GB because he is being greedy.....Not surprised at all. Still Team Australia can't even get get there own national federation to back them, so good luck to him next year!!!

Why am I not surprised! I hope Rosco (or whoever he spoke to about it) told him where to go.

So because Steve Shovlar tells us it has to be correct.

For me the jury is still out and we are none the wiser as to what happened or has happened.

Steve says he has it from reliable source but won't reveal his source.

That means one of two things.

(1) His source has told him in good faith, but does not want to be public associated, in which no matter how much Steve wants or feels that we should be told he should not reveal it on a public forum.

(2) He is telling stories.

I suppose it depends who or what you want to believe, but for me we still have not got to the bottom of whole episode.

• Like 6

For me the jury is still out and we are none the wiser as to what happened or has happened.

(1) His source has told him in good faith, but does not want to be public associated, in which no matter how much Steve wants or feels that we should be told he should not reveal it on a public forum.

I suppose it depends who or what you want to believe, but for me we still have not got to the bottom of whole episode.

Why should steve divulge his reliable source?

Edited by Starman2006

It could also be that the reliable source thought the public deserved to know the truth but couldn't say it himself because of his connections/associations but by telling SS hoped the truth would get out and trusted SS enough to know his identity would be protected.

It wouldn't be the first time rides/promoters/managers have put something into the public domain without revealing the source.

• Like 2

I said when I posted about it I couldn't divulge my source so therefore its up to you to believe it, or not.

I am not in the habit of making up stories and if I thought I was being strung along with a load of balony I wouldn't have posted it.

And yes, from what I can gather there were other issues as well, including pizza gate and team attire. And there could certainly be other issues I am not privvy to.

Tai is going on his hols during SWC week in 2017 isn't he .....

it come mean a lot more of things ...like 3 he was told in good faith but does not let down his source by giving his name out ..I know for sure that Steve was right about the pizza and what the team was wearing so he/s normally near the mark /.

if It's true I am not sure if Tai if is right or wrong wanted more money for scoring more points seeing you do for league racing

Edited by orion

I said when I posted about it I couldn't divulge my source so therefore its up to you to believe it, or not.

I am not in the habit of making up stories and if I thought I was being strung along with a load of balony I wouldn't have posted it.

And yes, from what I can gather there were other issues as well, including pizza gate and team attire. And there could certainly be other issues I am not privvy to.

Not saying that you are telling stories or not.

But I do feel that if your source does not want be revealed then it should not come into the public forum.

I have been told things in the past but unless I have been told by a source that I can quote them I have never ever gone on a public forum to reveal what has been said.

And of course because I have never met you I will have a tendency to be sceptical as to what you say, as I am sure you would be if the boot was on the other foot.

Not saying that you are telling stories or not.

But I do feel that if your source does not want be revealed then it should not come into the public forum.

Why not ? who made you the rule maker on what people can and should do ....people can put rumors up and people can then decide how true they think they are as long as not to personal of course