British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar V Newcastle Pl Thursday 18th August 2016

Well Lewis Rose certainly was the trump card tonight - paid 16 from him compared to paid 6 from both our reserves shows where the meeting was won and lost.

A bit of an off night for a couple of the Bears top 5 puts the pressure on the reserves to score and at the moment that is just not happening.

Probably Tobias best meeting for us, and his pass of Kus in heat 7 was superb - once Kus gets out in front here not many people get past him.

Thought the referee was very, very kind to us however. In my opinion (and from only what I could see, so maybe not correct) I thought he got all 3 big calls wrong. Heat 7, I thought Robbo was very unlucky to be excluded. Either all 4 back, or maybe Kus out at a push. Then I thought to exclude Kus was very harsh. He was in front, and from my view Bjerre tried to go round outside for a gap that was not really there.

Heat 15 - and I thought again to exclude Worrall was very harsh - Busch went wide to go round and whilst Worrall was hard again he was in front and had the line. Would be interesting to hear other peoples viewpoints as like I say, t hat was just from my vantage point. Based on that, justice probably prevailed with a Newcastle win. Looking back, the heat two 5-1 looks very costly. With the best will in thew world, Phillips is struggling to buy points in the Premier League so disappointing to lose a 5-1 there.

Very decent crowd though tonight - swelled by a good number of travelling fans.

ref was terrible, excluded steve for delaying the start after hed put green light on and tapes up... Thought robbo worrall and kus had to go although busch turned into steve and practically admitted it but the ref wouldnt see that from his box... We made hard work of it but a decent meeting.

Btw Etheridge doing a lap of honour after winning a 2 man race with his partner :)

• Like 2

Interesting to hear it from another viewpoint! Thought the Worrall tapes one was cut and dried - jumped the first start and was warned and did exactly the same again!

On that showing, Newcastle still have more to come and will be a threat in the playoffs. For us, I would be getting Busch signature for next year sorted now!

• Like 1

Not lots of passing but still a very good meeting with close racing. Diamonds should have won more comfortably but threw a number of points away which very nearly proved costly.

My view on the refereeing decisions:

Worrall had to go in heat 6. He clearly moved twice and having been warned the ref made the correct decision.

Robson just seemed to run out of room. I don't think anybody touched him so again I think the correct call. The race though should not have been stopped as Robson was up and they weren't even exiting bend 4.

In the re-run Kus made a hard move under Bjerre. Looked like he took Bjerre's front wheel away so again looked the correct call although I was standing closer to bend 1 so some distance away.

Worrall's move under Busch in heat 15 looked silly to me. Lambert was in front so why take the risk? Again I didn't have the best viewing point but when Busch went down I immediately expected Worrall to be excluded.

Busch was excellent for the Bears and Bjerre rode well - I expected to see him in heat 15 having won heat 13 against the same two riders. They always looked vulnerable at reserve though and so it proved although the 5-1 in heat 2 was a blow.

For the Diamonds Lambert rode well and I thought that was a great ride in heat 15. He didn't want to get too close to Bellego and risk taking him down but had Busch all over him on the inside. Very mature ride. Worrall looked very quick but like I say made an error of judgement in heat 15 to go with the exclusion. Man of the match though was Lewis Rose who was absolutely superb. Take a bow.

Good win and a very good night.

• Like 3

Not lots of passing but still a very good meeting with close racing. Diamonds should have won more comfortably but threw a number of points away which very nearly proved costly.

Worrall had to go in heat 6. He clearly moved twice and having been warned the ref made the correct decision.

Robson just seemed to run out of room. I don't think anybody touched him so again I think the correct call. The race though should not have been stopped as Robson was up and they weren't even exiting bend 4.

In the re-run Kus made a hard move under Bjerre. Looked like he took Bjerre's front wheel away so again looked the correct call although I was standing closer to bend 1 so some distance away.

Worrall's move under Busch in heat 15 looked silly to me. Lambert was in front so why take the risk? Again I didn't have the best viewing point but when Busch went down I immediately expected Worrall to be excluded.

Busch was excellent for the Bears and Bjerre rode well - I expected to see him in heat 15 having won heat 13 against the same two riders. They always looked vulnerable at reserve though and so it proved although the 5-1 in heat 2 was a blow.

For the Diamonds Lambert rode well and I thought that was a great ride in heat 15. He didn't want to get too close to Bellego and risk taking him down but had Busch all over him on the inside. Very mature ride. Worrall looked very quick but like I say made an error of judgement in heat 15 to go with the exclusion. Man of the match though was Lewis Rose who was absolutely superb. Take a bow.

Spot on.

Bjerre's said that he doesn't want to be there so they're not going to put him in heat 15 are they

During last night's meeting there was a query over who was allowed to take the R/R for Palovaara. The programme had Stuart Robson as the rider with the next highest Ave above Palovaara, yet it was Kus who took the R/R ride. Can anybody clear thing's up?

• Like 1

During last night's meeting there was a query over who was allowed to take the R/R for Palovaara. The programme had Stuart Robson as the rider with the next highest Ave above Palovaara, yet it was Kus who took the R/R ride. Can anybody clear thing's up?

The average next to Robson's was his average.. He was taking Ludvig lindgrens place who has a higher average than Kus and that's the average he was riding under... Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 1

The average next to Robson's was his average.. He was taking Ludvig lindgrens place who has a higher average than Kus and that's the average he was riding under...

That was what we thought had happened, but nobody near us seamed to know what Ludvig's ave was, so they were unsure, which opened the possibility of having Kus's 2pts removed at a later date... :wink:

That was what we thought had happened, but nobody near us seamed to know what Ludvig's ave was, so they were unsure, which opened the possibility of having Kus's 2pts removed at a later date... :wink:

Keith McGhee explained over the P.A what had happened (Keith M above being correct). Not the first time this has happened at Redcar!

In regards to Bjerre, I believe he was asked if he wanted to do heat 15 and he declined.

Great win by the Diamonds last night and a superb performance by Lewis Rose. Some good racing with not a lot of passing but some strange refereeing decisions. I thought the ref seemed to hold the tapes a bit too long last night and maybe that was the reason behind the Worrall and Bjerre (??) tapes offences?? I do think he got it right both times with Worrall as he did jump the start but on one he impeded himself. The Robson one was a joke, first and foremost in my opinion Bjerre gave Matej a big shove with led to all the riders shuffling out towards the 2nd bend fence and Robbo had no room and nowhere to go and had to drop it. Failing that, Kus was way out in front when the race was stopped and the riders hand not even exited bend 3 and Robbo was up and looked to be getting off track so why stop the race!! In the Re-Run, not sure if was a rush of blood but Matej charged hard under Bjerre and looked to have passed him as Bjerre tried to go round him in a gap that did not exist/disappearred (just my opinion). The Heat 15 one was strange as Lambert was in the lead and in control and Steve being the racer that he is dived hard under Busch who bailed in spectacular fashion, I think Steve was in front at the time and I have seen them go either was but think it was harsh on Steve.

The 5-1 in heat 2 was a shock for me and I was hoping Phillips would kick on and get some confidence bosting points but alas that did not happen. He was still way off the pace and considering how many laps he has done around that track was a surprise. Etheridge doing a lap of honour for beating nobody did make me chuckle quite a lot but I suppose you got to celebrate little victories. Strange Bjerre not coming out in 15, but as he has reported he does not want to race for the Bears not really a surprise, shame really as he is entertaining to watch around the STMP.

Just a quick question, can somebody tell me why the announcer (not Roy) at Redcar keeps informing us of xx seconds remaining when all of the riders are up at tapes, by the end of the night it was really starting to get right on my nerves!!!

Great win by the Diamonds, good 3 points but should have been 4.

Kus definetly took bjerre off, i had a perfect view.... This was maybe rash because of bjerre's clout to Kus on bend one in the origional running? A few riders were visibly not happy with bjerre before the re run... again steve dived under busch and certainly brought him off.... Although busch turned left into him deliberately, leaving steve no option or room and ending up looking the villain.

Well although pleased with the win this was not a performance that inspired any confidence - Rose excellent no doubt full of confidence knowing his reserve heat was against 3 others not in his league, but he scored vital points in all his rides, Lambert - ok and robbo good guest but Kus and Worrall both trying their best to throw the match away. Sorry but I don't buy into this "he was upset with Bjerre for a hard first bend" - what does he expect and he would have done the same!! he then left Robbo nowhere to go and then to go and get thrown out is ludicrous. Worrall two blatant jumps from the gate to get excluded and then another no brainer to wipe out Busch!! Madness!

Pleased to see many Diamonds fans recognize out riders were at fault for the two incidents, same as many Redcar fans acknowledge Robbo deserved to be back in, some excellent racing Busch's chase & pass in heat 8 top quality and Robbo/Anderson's battle in heat 14 tremendous trust and respect in each other.

Should have won this easy, any team allowing Phillips to score 2 points in heat two are totally reliant on top order doing the business and we have (supposedly) enough to stop this!

One final point re Etheridge taking a lap of honour, imo an excellent move by Bears management, after his torrid first season his confidence must be totally shot, if this can give him some back and help to get him back towards potential everyone says he has then full marks to Bjerre for letting him win and those who sent him round.

• Like 1

ref was terrible, excluded steve for delaying the start after hed put green light on and tapes up... Thought robbo worrall and kus had to go although busch turned into steve and practically admitted it but the ref wouldnt see that from his box... We made hard work of it but a decent meeting.

Btw Etheridge doing a lap of honour after winning a 2 man race with his partner :)

Delaying start can also mean having to call riders back, there doesn't appear to be a reason of "jumping start" or "gaining an advantage"

Why do you say ref was terrible? you have just agreed with all his decisions (other than the delaying start - which again was correct), I can't remember anything else he did worth a comment.

As to lap of honour I agree with some others that if this gives the kid a boost then fair play :t:

One final point re Etheridge taking a lap of honour, imo an excellent move by Bears management, after his torrid first season his confidence must be totally shot, if this can give him some back and help to get him back towards potential everyone says he has then full marks to Bjerre for letting him win and those who sent him round.

Like it!!