British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Belle Vue V King's Lynn Wed 24th Aug

well done Kings Lynn, better team on the night thoroughly deserving all 4 points. If I had 1 moan it would be "why oh why couldn't R Lambert ride for Team GB the way he rode for K/Lynn tonight, for all you K/Lynn fans who weren't there, he was brill and a pleasure to watch.

• Like 1

Well I always give congratulations when it is deserved. non more so than tonight....Never in a month of Sundays did I expect that. Most of the team performed well on what was said to be a superb race track.... Huckenbeck obviously showed what he can do on a proper track and scored well. Freddie obviously likes the track as well. Batch and Rory still not pulling their weight, although they contributed important points tonight... Lambert again showed he is a force to be reckoned. So yes a big WELL DONE to all the team.......

Cant help thinking though about all those loses we've suffered at home this year..... How did that happen ???

• Like 1

What a terrible crowd at Belle Vue tonight. A couple of hundred at best? A brand new stadium with hardly no one there. The promotion need to be working on getting fans through the turnstiles. In comparison tonight Poole was packed out with a huge crowd.

This result cancels out Pooles loss on Monday. A win at Belle Vue would put Poole top, for a few hours at least.

A couple of hundred ? Surely not

Well I always give congratulations when it is deserved. non more so than tonight....Never in a month of Sundays did I expect that. Most of the team performed well on what was said to be a superb race track.... Huckenbeck obviously showed what he can do on a proper track and scored well. Freddie obviously likes the track as well. Batch and Rory still not pulling their weight, although they contributed important points tonight... Lambert again showed he is a force to be reckoned. So yes a big WELL DONE to all the team.......

Cant help thinking though about all those loses we've suffered at home this year..... How did that happen ???

Batch was fast in one race, in fact he won it and got the fastest time of the night.

So what happened Belle Vue? Did you allow complacency to rear its ugly head?

Where were the fans? The place was empty. Belle Vue top of the league in a conurbation of 2.5 million and no one there. Worrying.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

A couple of hundred ? Surely not

take no notice of our green eyed Mr SS, it was a poor crowd of roughly 1000 I would say, partly because City were playing their champions league match and partly because Wednesday nights are fairly poor turnouts anyway.

• Like 1

well done Kings Lynn, better team on the night thoroughly deserving all 4 points. If I had 1 moan it would be "why oh why couldn't R Lambert ride for Team GB the way he rode for K/Lynn tonight, for all you K/Lynn fans who weren't there, he was brill and a pleasure to watch.

I said before when he hasn't ridden for Kings Lynn the whole team seems to suffer, he seems to be their catalyst.

• Like 1

Care to let us know where you got the "couple of hundred at best from" SS ?

Edited by Bald Bloke

For the benefit of SS, from someone who was there, there were a few more than a couple of hundred there - tough to get big crowds on an off Weds night in a city where the main activities aren't speedway, sailing & knitting.

Those who were there saw a terrific win for the Stars. Totally deserved too. Lindgren & Lambert outstanding, Huckenbeck looked quick & a threat all night, with Batch chipping in.

Strange night for the Aces, seemed to struggle from the starts & lacked top end speed as a group - not a great combo. Credit to Joe Jacobs, more than done his job tonight, lacked support.

Anyway enough about tonight, it's gone. Expecting a positive reaction Monday noon...

City playing at home will always have a big impact on a Belle Vue crowd I'd have thought. Plus the Monday fixture is far more attractive and people may be reluctant to fork out twice in five days.

I saw the crowd during heat 15. The main stand was mostly empty. First bend closed. No one on 3rd and forth bend. Back straight must have been very busy couldn't see.

Not making it up only repeating on here what I saw.

City playing at home will always have a big impact on a Belle Vue crowd I'd have thought. Plus the Monday fixture is far more attractive and people may be reluctant to fork out twice in five days.

Really? There was only about 1000 more at Citeh....😀

Oh hang on...

Official attendance at the Emptihad just announced as 123,000😋

Edited by mikebv

Usually a team that loses at home - comes back strong in their next match. Who's that against? :wink:

Where were the fans? The place was empty. Belle Vue top of the league in a conurbation of 2.5 million and no one there. Worrying.

At least one of them was too busy on here spilling bile as usual.

Assuming we have a full side i really fancies Swindon's chances of a second victory at the NSS now if Belle Vue can manage to get the meeting on eventually

• Like 1