British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Can the Stars bring Max Clegg in to replace Josh Bailey or is his average to high? Nothing against Josh but I feel he is out of his depth especially away from home.

Depends how many points you have to play with and what Clegg's new average is.

At present he is 4.34. Bailey is 2.00

Depends how many points you have to play with and what Clegg's new average is.

At present he is 4.34. Bailey is 2.00

Clegg is clearly now not going to meet the criteria for a new average. So presumably he will stay at 4.34 or alternatively he could become a 2 (minimum possible average, he is averaging below this) which would permit a like for like swap with Bailey. Stars currently looking like they will have a couple of spare points

Clegg is clearly now not going to meet the criteria for a new average. So presumably he will stay at 4.34 or alternatively he could become a 2 (minimum possible average, he is averaging below this) which would permit a like for like swap with Bailey. Stars currently looking like they will have a couple of spare points

I'm sure I read that David Howes average will be around 4.5 after the new averages good signing on that average 👍

• Like 1

I'm sure I read that David Howes average will be around 4.5 after the new averages good signing on that average

Indeed Holder can fill Iversen's scoring boots If he "wants" and there's the rub - does he want to? Is his motivation high enough re UK racing? Did he get too good a guaranteed per match package?

Now i have heard it all .

Now i have heard it all .

Be honest. I dont think he's interested in riding here, and i really don't blame him.

We'll see ...... never seen him ride Lynn so good as at the end of last season ....

No thanks on Clegg, overrated and Edinburgh would have priority.

• Like 1

I see we've drafted in Cookie to cover for Chris Holder at Somerset this week. Bearing in mind the way Chris is riding of late, in my reckoning that will make us stronger....

Might get something after all...

I see Somerset Speedway has been deprived of the presence of Chris Holder when the Stars come - a - calling on Friday. The one thing I was looking forward to when we entered the Premiership was the chance to see such top class riders as Chris, last Friday we deprived or our own Paddy Hougard and the week before we were begrudged KK gracing the Oaktree shale. The paying public are being sold short and promoters are simply doing no better than hiring cardboard cut-outs when the engage these Euro-Hoppers !!! It's a rip-off for the Speedway paying public and is only destined to get worse !!! Imagine the riots if Premiership Football Clubs took to the field without their star striker week in week out because he had commitments in Europe !!! Fair enough if they happen to be representing their country but for any other reason it sucks !!! I know Chris in the GP but it does not alter the fact that we miss out for the bigger bucks !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 2

I see Somerset Speedway has been deprived of the presence of Chris Holder when the Stars come - a - calling on Friday. The one thing I was looking forward to when we entered the Premiership was the chance to see such top class riders as Chris, last Friday we deprived or our own Paddy Hougard and the week before we were begrudged KK gracing the Oaktree shale. The paying public are being sold short and promoters are simply doing no better than hiring cardboard cut-outs when the engage these Euro-Hoppers !!! It's a rip-off for the Speedway paying public and is only destined to get worse !!! Imagine the riots if Premiership Football Clubs took to the field without their star striker week in week out because he had commitments in Europe !!! Fair enough if they happen to be representing their country but for any other reason it sucks !!! I know Chris in the GP but it does not alter the fact that we miss out for the bigger bucks !!!

Seems strange that Lynn have to go to Somerset on a GP weekend when there are so few GP riders in the UK. As you say it's the fans that miss out.

• Like 1

Seems strange that Lynn have to go to Somerset on a GP weekend when there are so few GP riders in the UK. As you say it's the fans that miss out.

Just typical of the rubbish was that British Speeedway is run!

I doubt whether clashes with SGP riders was even considered..

I doubt whether clashes with SGP riders was even considered..

are you going with a guest or r\r.of all the Friday's in a gp season. What a farce