British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Can't think of anything worse than a team with Bjerre & Batchelor in it.

I agree. Think there should be a minimum of 1 Brit at reserve and 1 in the top 5.

Otherwise I think a lot of British riders will be out of work as only Coventry, Belle Vue & Lakeside seem to always include a lot of them.

I can think of something a lot worse. Bomber and King as your top 2 because no one else will sign for you! Will be like Swindon when they weren't paying the riders, no one will want in.

Trouble with having this must have brit at reserve, is, if he improves, he ends up in the main team, and a jonny foreigner ends up dropping to reserve, like "Klindt" at Leicester, and "Pedalbike" at Poole, and the improved British reserve gets battered in the 1-5, confidence disappears... bit like "Sargent" at Coventry... It's hard to find 8 young Brits of equal ability, that when ensconced at number 7, can stay at no 7 for the whole season, no matter his average....

Edited by Shale Searcher

a few riders i wouldnt mind seeing at Lynn next season, Nick Morris, Rohan Tungate, Wozniak and Masters could all prove decent signings.

There will surely be one British rider from this year's EDR that will be at reserve in each team's 1-7 - and only allowed to go into a 2nd string position if good enough!?

There will surely be one British rider from this year's EDR that will be at reserve in each team's 1-7 - and only allowed to go into a 2nd string position if good enough!?

Maybe so, but it still opens the door for the "Ringer" getting into the reserve spot....

Just have one Brit, must be under 24 yrs old, and stays at reserve all season, that's the only way to avoid "Pedalbike" or "Klindt" similar happening..

If Poole want Bratchelor then that's where he'll be.

Somone dont know what there talking about

I think maybe a team like this

1.NKI Or KK

2.Lewis Rose

3.Robert Lambert

4.Troy Batchlor

5.????

6.Kai Huckenbeck

7.Lewi Kerr

I think Troy, Rory (and also Davey Watt) need to prove their all back on it during the winter back in Oz - maybe all in the Aussie Championships, before anyone takes another risk!!

Somone dont know what there talking about

I think maybe a team like this

1.NKI Or KK

2.Lewis Rose

3.Robert Lambert

4.Troy Batchlor

5.????

6.Kai Huckenbeck

7.Lewi Kerr

The point I was trying to make is that a lot of the promotors will look at Troy as this has been his worst season by a mile & they will think he could easily improve his average.

That is what it's all about & Poole usually get their man so if they want Troy it will end up that way.

Not saying that Poole want him st all though.

As for THJ who has been poor in Sweden this season he isn't worth a 6.50 average as is a waste of time in Britain for any average as is over rated big time.

Depends who he rides for !! ;)

Maybe so, but it still opens the door for the "Ringer" getting into the reserve spot....

Just have one Brit, must be under 24 yrs old, and stays at reserve all season, that's the only way to avoid "Pedalbike" or "Klindt" similar happening..

Every club has the same opportunities...

I'd not say no to Wozniak and also Kevin Wolbert he'd have done a better job this season that Huckenbeck.

Somone dont know what there talking about I think maybe a team like this

1.NKI Or KK

2.Lewis Rose

3.Robert Lambert

4.Troy Batchlor

5.????

6.Kai Huckenbeck

7.Lewi Kerr

I think maybe Lambert and Huckenbeck will be stay but 5 other new riders will come in. Maybe one of the Lewis's stays.

Interesting line up next year perhaps.

The way to stop the ringer at reserve is to revert to the old 15 heat format, so the reserves don't have their protected heats. Everyone will then get a proper average again. If the reserves are really good enough they will already have had to prove themselves against better team members in the opposition so will be able to handle themselves in the top 5.

• Like 1

My imprssion of Batchelor, is that he has lost the confedence to compete closely with other riders. When he makes the gate and gets clear, he goes as quick as most , so the ability is still there. All the problems appear when other riders get close. this is when Troy backs off... The riders know this and are only too quick to put a wheel in ......

When you lose that confidence it a big thing to overcome. Sometimes it never comes back. I seen a few riders have a bad crashes and were never the same afterwards.... Looking at Troy intensely, like I have, its difficult to see any improvement from the time when he first come back.. Yeah, he's got a bit quicker from the gate and looks more in control, but that nervousness is as apparent now as it was then.. and that worries me.......

I hope I'm wrong, but Troy has a long way to go, to get back to anything near the talent he was.....Its a journey that could take forever.....

1. Zengota=7.79

2.Brady Kurtz=6.24(As a Poole fan he might be loaned out due to Jack Holder)

3.Lambert=6.92

4.Batch=4.80

5. Kildemand=7.10

6,Huckenbeck=3.56

7.Kyle Newman=4.00 will start somewhere due to PL average

=40.41

I like team building so compare this to a 2017 Poole team

1.Lindback=8.00

2.Kacper G=5.51

3.Shamek P=6.75

4.Jack Holder=4.20

5.KK=7.97

6.Paul Starke= 4.00

7.Adam Ellis= 4.00

I think if these two teams matched up in the league that would be good for the sport. I think everyone in these teams could actually ride in them.(only question would be Lindback). I think these two teams would very competitive especially if Batch got going. I may be a Poole fan, but I do like Lynn i think you excellent for the EL and I would like a Lynn vs Poole final next year. Buster get on the phone to Matt and well show him this plan you never know.

If there is no conversion on reserve averages, then surely the team building limit should be 42?

Batch and bjerre, uninspiring as they may appear, would both be good signings on those averages. Bjerre seems on good form this season. Add those two to nki lambert and the two Lewis, with 5th spot up for grabs depending on limit. Someone mentioned lebedevs, but surely he would be closer to a 6 than a 4.5?