British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Lets gets one thing straight , I am not on anything. All my ideas and fears are well founded. Supporters need to feel part of the club and their opinions valued. Never have I mentioned swapping Holder or Batch for lesser riders as you have named, what I have said is we only want riders who want to ride of the Stars... and I stand by that. IF Holder don't want to ride then we need to move on.....

The night in question is one to forget. Yes, we need to move on, but there so many things to put right before we can. Management of these situations, Communication with the fans, and Leadership in times of crisis. are just a few problems highlighted from that wretched night. It all very well fans saying sweep it under the carpet and move on , but what's to say it won't happen again. The treatment of the fans that night was terribly. threating like Mushrooms with so much contempt, I read, was about the right description. We are now 2 week gone and still we wait to hear the reasons why, What went wrong that night with track preparation? Why was last two meetings cancelled ? Has the track problems been sorted? How long is Rose going to be out injured? Is Porsing back for good or is the situation Porsing or Rose? Is Lamberts injury responding to treatment, When does Holders ban finished? are just some bits of information that could be aired

And you say there's no news to tell ........

Confucius once said, 'there are non so numb as those who bury their heads'

I totally agree that things need to be put in place following that Thursday. Communication is key. Unfortunately on the night there were so many unexpected things happening, knocking out key men, that it unfolded like it did. I personally know Dale is awaiting tests at Papworth and has to keep a low profile until they know what caused his probs. Obviously Rosey will be out for weeks having had to have a bone graft etc in his op to sort this collarbone so won't be back anytime soon. Re the track, Buster is sorting that, it's a constant process, with all the events that go on at the track, bangers this weekend?

I think Kevin Moore will step into the breach left by Gavin Caney so that will be business as usual,thanks to Kevin!

Whether Colin Pratt will deputise for Dale again this week I dunno, depends on Dale I guess.

I just want to get back to a meeting, support my team and get some more points on the board where we are sitting pretty well. I hope the team can get out there, win and help us put that sad night behind.

• Like 2

Holder should be available for the Wolves away fixture on 14th August!!

Be interesting to know why Buster didn't blade the track THAT night and start from scratch ?

Be interesting to know why Buster didn't blade the track THAT night and start from scratch ?

Because its called interest, or lack of it..

Because its called interest, or lack of it..

so why didn't Poole blade their track for the last 6 or 7 years?

• Like 4

And so the bad luck continues, Nicklas has had a fall in Poland this afternoon and has been taken off to hospital, apparently a rut in the track caused him to fall.

It's time for the Stars fans to write this season off and look forward to next season. Start with a clean slate and a new team.

• Like 1

It's time for the Stars fans to write this season off and look forward to next season. Start with a clean slate and a new team.

All is not lost yet!

• Like 4

All is not lost yet!

Agree, you have got a couple of tough matches coming up but Poole are having a bad run at the moment.

• Like 1

I totally agree that things need to be put in place following that Thursday. Communication is key. Unfortunately on the night there were so many unexpected things happening, knocking out key men, that it unfolded like it did. I personally know Dale is awaiting tests at Papworth and has to keep a low profile until they know what caused his probs. Obviously Rosey will be out for weeks having had to have a bone graft etc in his op to sort this collarbone so won't be back anytime soon. Re the track, Buster is sorting that, it's a constant process, with all the events that go on at the track, bangers this weekend?

I think Kevin Moore will step into the breach left by Gavin Caney so that will be business as usual,thanks to Kevin!

Whether Colin Pratt will deputise for Dale again this week I dunno, depends on Dale I guess.

I just want to get back to a meeting, support my team and get some more points on the board where we are sitting pretty well. I hope the team can get out there, win and help us put that sad night behind.

Thank you for the time you applied replying with some information. It isn't a big problem keeping the fans informed, but it appears to be forgotten most of the time. By keeping the fans up to date, help to promote the club, especially in these difficult times.

Probably you could continue in this role of keeping the fans up to date... You seem to be in the know of most situations.

I thank you again.....

And so the bad luck continues, Nicklas has had a fall in Poland this afternoon and has been taken off to hospital, apparently a rut in the track caused him to fall.

Lambert has pulled out of ht 13 for Newcastle tonight after another fall.Hope it's just precautionary as we probably won't have a team Wednesday night.

Just seen the forecast for Wednesday. Wet again so another call off is probable.

And a decent track...

• Like 1

Lambert has pulled out of ht 13 for Newcastle tonight after another fall.Hope it's just precautionary as we probably won't have a team Wednesday night.

Yes, seen that, par for our course