British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Yeah, Scott was a real breath of fresh air this season.

I lot of the steps forward were his forward thinking.

I do hope whoever takes over, they keep Scott on board, alongside Dennis Mcleary, anyone else can be replaced. I don't always agree with Scott, but he is open to someone else's opinion.

• Like 1

In this case it seems to be a rumour from all parts of the speedway world, I really don't know if it is true or not. A new approach would be welcome, it's why I do support Scott Courtneys approach, however, he can only work within the constraints placed upon him.

A new owner may well bring in his own manger which I hope doesn't happen as IMO Scott did enough this season to be kept in his job.

I do hope whoever takes over, they keep Scott on board, alongside Dennis Mcleary, anyone else can be replaced. I don't always agree with Scott, but he is open to someone else's opinion.

Fair to say if it wasn't for likes of Dennis Berwick Speedway probably wouldn't be here today.

• Like 1

A new owner may well bring in his own manger which I hope doesn't happen as IMO Scott did enough this season to be kept in his job.

Fair to say if it wasn't for likes of Dennis Berwick Speedway probably wouldn't be here today.

Those pair do a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes that goes unrecognised. I only hope that any new owner, whoever he may be, i've never heard any rumours, keeps these people on board and also gets the supporters club back involved. There was a lot of good work done last year on the commercial side of things, the hospitality suite was used nearly every week, let's build on that to put the club on a better footing.

• Like 2

Dennis McCleary's contribution to Betwick Speedway is immeasurable and if anyone buys they club it is unthinkable that he will not still be still involved if he still wants to contribute, his knowledge and local contacts and work behind the scenes are vital IMO .

• Like 4

Totally agree, but deeply concerned that as he rapidly approaches 70, neither football or speesway seem to be training up a successor.

Without Dennis there would be no activity at Shielfield Park

• Like 3

Totally agree, but deeply concerned that as he rapidly approaches 70, neither football or speesway seem to be training up a successor.

Without Dennis there would be no activity at Shielfield Park

As I posted yesterday if Rathbone is to be the new owner he may well have someone already that will run Berwick Speedway day to day, but it is also true that there are many people already at the club who do a valuable job, largely for little reward, who will still be there whoever takes over.

Dennis McCleary's contribution to Betwick Speedway is immeasurable and if anyone buys they club it is unthinkable that he will not still be still involved if he still wants to contribute, his knowledge and local contacts and work behind the scenes are vital IMO .

I put Dennis in the same category as the late Ian Graham irreplaceable. Any prospectiven new owner should be over the moon to have someone like Dennis to rely on
  • Like 3

I put Dennis in the same category as the late Ian Graham irreplaceable. Any prospectiven new owner should be over the moon to have someone like Dennis to rely on

agree 100%
  • Like 1

Without a doubt, Dennis's skills, dedication, and value are strongly recognised within the world of speedway.
I'm quite sure he is considered one of our strongest assets :)

Without a doubt, Dennis's skills, dedication, and value are strongly recognised within the world of speedway.

I'm quite sure he is considered one of our strongest assets :)

If you had to put a value on Dennis, you would not be able to afford him.

• Like 3

If you had to put a value on Dennis, you would not be able to afford him.

Yes. I wouldn't be surprised if the landlords didn't insist on him being employed, or within a future promotion.

1. David Bellego 7.63

2. Liam Carr 4.81

3. Kevin Doolan 6.99

4. Thomas Jorgensen 7.45

5. Sebastian Alden 7.18

6. Tom Perry 3.76

7. Adam Ellis 4.67

Total 42.49

1. David Bellego 7.63

2. Liam Carr 4.81

3. Kevin Doolan 6.99

4. Thomas Jorgensen 7.45

5. Sebastian Alden 7.18

6. Tom Perry 3.76

7. Adam Ellis 4.67

Total 42.49

Amazing team, being realistic we won't be able to get someone like Ellis in our team

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves naming a Team try an Owner first!

i think there will be a happy ending to that particular part of the story.