British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

Is it any wonder speedway in this country is on its knees ,Belle Vue Keep same 7 all season ,reach the play offs , only to find Wolves and Poole fielding ringers who couldn't be bothered with the Elite league , six months ago , absolute joke of a sport

You should blame Fricke for spearing Hans. Nasty crash left Hans with no chance of avoiding it. If it hadn't happened Poole wouldn't be forced into making changes to patch up their injury ravaged side.

I don't have a problem with this assuming Hans is still injured of course...

Tai at Wolves, Lindback at Poole and most likely Killer would be back at Swindon if we made the play offs (most unlikely)..

So it's good for the Elite League, just a shame they cannot commit for longer..

• Like 2

correct he should be an 8.

maybe someone can sign Hancock on a 7 as well then? or Zmarzlik?

Wasn't Zmarzlik assessed at 6.50 when he came over - or is my memory fading?

• Like 1

So clearly the deal was finalised a while back and released after the 14th September. Having not ridden here for a while Toninio got a slight reduction on his average.

Makes no difference when a deal was 'agreed'. Poole rode with a facility for Hans Andersen on Monday and Tuesday night. So any change would be based on Andersen's current average, 7.15.

Matt said in the Bournemouth echo we will be home to wolves next weds first leg

So Poole have helped Wolverhampton out of a problem then. No way would we take the first leg under normal circumstances.

I see I'm a bit late for " Light the blue touch paper and stand well back"!!

Amazing signing of Toninio who is looking forward to getting paid I would think. My only concern is that he hasn't ridden UK tracks for so long and we don't know what equipment he'll be using?!

Should put more than a few on the play-off attendances so good for the sport clearly!

• Like 1

Matt said in the Bournemouth echo we will be home to wolves next weds first leg

Interesting cos Matt normally favours having the 2nd leg at home and also BV have chosen Swindon/Lakeside then??!

Wasn't Zmarzlik assessed at 6.50 when he came over - or is my memory fading?

He wasn't a GP rider or the rider he is now & no way of trying to fudge that fact, surely??

Steve if Andersen rides and declares fit you think Poole should have move blocked?

Interesting cos Matt normally favours having the 2nd leg at home and also BV have chosen Swindon/Lakeside then??!

I want a piece of your leg

Yes but should of been re-assessed to an 8 so yes cheating

So e'mail the BSPS offices, and complain then...

Do the maths ffs!

Swindon drew a crowd of 1300 (at best according to you), if I'm right about an extra 2000 fans turning up for a title chasing meeting that's derrr.. 3300 AND WE COULD LOSE, do you get that last bit?

The world champion will draw a pretty much full house, 6000, that's over £100grand in the bank win or lose!

If we win we face Poole who drew a crowd of 1500 but have also introduced a gp rider so that will add some and it will obviously be the final so the crowd might be as good as the world champion but I doubt it but for the benefit of this exercise let's assume its another full house.

We have the choice, £100,000 pretty much guaranteed with another nearly as much if we win, or a possible £60,000 (at best and only if I'm right about the extra 2000 for a title chasing meeting) if we pick the 4th place team and lose or £160,000 if we win.

Do it my way and we could bank £200,000!!! Don't do of my way and we could bank £60,000.

Burnt out your calculator yet ??? :icon_smile_clown: You know...nothing.

Edited by Starman2006

I believe the assessed averages for newcomers like Dudek etc is 7.50?

But Lindback is not a newcomer, he has an average. Assuming it is the 7.94 previously quoted then it can be amended if:

1) Poole request the BSPA to amend it (downwards presumably); or

2) The BSPA can exercise their power to give Lindback an amended average under 16.2.3 (a)

Can see little point in amending it upwards given 8.00 is the highest credible figure, but given Lindgren (10th in the GP) is on 7.52, Zagar (13th) 7.55, and Jonsson (14th) is on 8.78 I don't see much scope for a downward revision that isn't open to accusations of 'fiddling'

As to whether Andersen is injured 'long term' (note - not season ending) I think that would be difficult to sustain if he rides before next Wednesday, but probably tenable if he were to return AFTER the play-offs started.

If Lindback is to replace Andersen then presumably he comes in on a 7.00 (as Andersen is 7.15 at the moment) - and that just does not feel right.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 4

Woofinden was on an assessed average according to the bspa.

They call it 'assessed' when they are using an average more than 12 months old I believe.. that was his achieved average however.

Lindback's is not.. That's what I mean :)