British Speedway Forum

You can ride at 15 in the NL. You have to be 16 in the Championship / Premiership

We had this with Robert Lambert who rode NL in 2013 at 15

In 2014 we had to delay league fixtures until April after his 16th birthday to be allowed to sign him in the Elite League

Strange Danny don't you think? that a lad can ride aged 15 in the NL and could line up against three near rookies.Yet can't ride in the other two leagues against more experienced riders Bickley being an example will he ride NL when he is 15.? only.

Sounds almost identical to what I saw three or four weeks ago.

Nothing really happening and a token workforce of a couple of guys in hardhats with a portacabin with dumper and jcb on site.

Apparently there's now some wrangle getting our floodlights from our Midlands supplier!

• Like 2

Apparently there's now some wrangle getting our floodlights from our Midlands supplier!

Surely thats the last worry. You have to have a stadium first to attach them to.

• Like 1

Sounds almost identical to what I saw three or four weeks ago.

Nothing really happening and a token workforce of a couple of guys in hardhats with a portacabin with dumper and jcb on site.

Just be wary if this lot get the go ahead to redevelop Wimborne Rd.

We have an old stadium we can use, Poole only have one.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Surely thats the last worry. You have to have a stadium first to attach them to.

think you missed dc2s joke steve, think where the floodlights could come from in the midlands(they would bee secondhand though)

• Like 4

think you missed dc2s joke steve, think where the floodlights could come from in the midlands(they would bee secondhand though)

Ha ha :rofl:

He certainly did - even though it was pretty obvious :wink:

• Like 2

I have to say having been involved in Groundwork years ago it does seem a little odd so little work accomplished considering they have been there over a month? Don't really seem to be getting on with it , I do know people within Conlon and if I'm being honest they do seem a bit vague or perhaps conservative with any information when I ask!!

Remember, Christmas lasts a whole bloody month in this country nowadays. They are winding down for the holiday!

• Like 1

Just be wary if this lot get the go ahead to redevelop Wimborne Rd.

We have an old stadium we can use, Poole only have one.

Done you worry about us. Just worry about yourselves.. ;)

Done you worry about us. Just worry about yourselves.. ;)

Don't worry when Wimborne Road is shut no doubt Matt will have the Poole home meetings at Swindon, but we will not mind having to watch an inferior team for a while :wink:

We would let Bradley or Zach show your riders how to ride the track.

Swindon Sparrows, Sprockets or whatever the NL team is called is in a group with Plymouth and the IOW for the National Trophy, so initially they will have 4 meetings.

Hopefully they may have the odd challenge as well.

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2807

They are to be known as The Swindon Red T1ts Edited by Alfred Stopcock

Haha. The opposing riders will be showing the majority of the Swindon riders the way round for the vast majority of the season.

:rofl:

• Like 1