British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

It's in the rules that Rye should have first priority... I don't know how Sheffield managed to get him at Workington on Saturday

Its all about interpretation(as always)

Its all about interpretation(as always)

No it's not. It can be interpreterated in any other way. Rye House have priority.

The issue with speedway isn't the rules are so difficult, its that they're abused and ignored making it hard for the average fan to understand what the hell is going on.

No it's not. It can be interpreterated in any other way. Rye House have priority.

The issue with speedway isn't the rules are so difficult, its that they're abused and ignored making it hard for the average fan to understand what the hell is going on.

Couldnt agree more, how come we had priority on Saturday and Rye had last night?

also what about Branford, he has ridden in two away matches and missed his teams two home matches, how much has this cost him?

Majority of the fans know the rules are killing the sport from a professionally run point of view,unfortunately nothing will change.

At Somerser last night the announcer said if there's any newbies here talk to the person standing next to you to explain the rules. Good luck with that I thought

• Like 3

well.great news for us.josh bates guests for ipswich at newcastle and comes off in his second ride and has to withdraw from the meeting with a suspected hand injury.poor lad.now we will be without both joshes at edinburgh in the second leg of k.o cup obviously depending on the extent of joshes injury.if soothe way the monarchs are riding at the moment, our prospects don't seem too good.hope i am wrong as i had planned to go up for 2nd leg.

At Somerser last night the announcer said if there's any newbies here talk to the person standing next to you to explain the rules. Good luck with that I thought

Imagine it. "We have this this thing called a TR. it's a bloody joke. And don't get me started on guests. And the points limit, well...". Would put potential fans off for life.

The sport is crazy, on one hand there are R/R and guests, then guests getting injuried while guesting. Then on the other hand, riders with no teams not even being asked or able to guest...you couldn't make it up!

• Like 1

The sport is crazy, on one hand there are R/R and guests, then guests getting injuried while guesting. Then on the other hand, riders with no teams not even being asked or able to guest...you couldn't make it up!

Welcome to British Speedway!

• Like 1

And that's before we start on the rule book! :rofl:

Edited by Bolt

A lapsed supporter of several years, I made a 'comeback' last week, accompanied by a newbie. Had to explain (as best as I could remember) the rider replacement and guest rules. Oh, and why a team called Halifax is based at Scunthorpe. As you say, a crazy sport...

Anybody know if Josh Grajczonek is riding for Sheffield on Friday at Edinburgh, or is he off with Somerset, if that's the case can Sheffield have a guest.

well.great news for us.josh bates guests for ipswich at newcastle and comes off in his second ride and has to withdraw from the meeting with a suspected hand injury.poor lad.now we will be without both joshes at edinburgh in the second leg of k.o cup obviously depending on the extent of joshes injury.if soothe way the monarchs are riding at the moment, our prospects don't seem too good.hope i am wrong as i had planned to go up for 2nd leg.

Josh is riding at Poole in the U21 Final, so maybe just resting any injury that he picked up, also at Sheffield on Thursday in the first leg, will need him..