British Speedway Forum

If they are keeping Morris that's over 30 points on 3 riders, thus less than 20 for the final 4 .......... he's going to be a heat leader.

Still like to know what rule will be implemented at the first set of averages to restrict team strengthening.

Bloody ridiculous that no-one knows what rule will be implemented.

Guess they will hoof it up like they usually do😡😡

• Like 2

12,000 over thirteen years but as far as I can remember never one wishing that my club or any other would hurry up and announce signings days after the AGM!

I'm all for new or old members discussing who might be in any particular team. But those clubs will announce signings when they are ready, there is no rush. And the longer it takes, the more fun people can have guessing ;)

• Like 2

12,000 over thirteen years but as far as I can remember never one wishing that my club or any other would hurry up and announce signings days after the AGM!

I'm all for new or old members discussing who might be in any particular team. But those clubs will announce signings when they are ready, there is no rush. And the longer it takes, the more fun people can have guessing ;)

13 years on this forum, Gordon Bennett! You must have been bored as I am starting to get fed up with it already and yet to reach a year.

I suppose it does have it's slight addictive moment at times.

It's a habit I'd say. I think not taking it too seriously is the secret to longevity :D

• Like 1

The idea of a forum is to try and cultivate newer members like myself (not even 2 weeks in) to join in the discussion and bring comment/opinion etc. Without such it would be left to the usual suspects who seem to enjoy internal chit chat amongst what they feel is a select few with negative and unwanted comments.

People are of course free to comment/agree/disagree or whatever they want to do within reason.

Believe me JB, I for one live neither a boring or dull life that I have needed to spend my life on this forum posting not far off 12,000 comments. I for one enjoy a successful life to the degree I retired early this year and enjoy life, but have always been an enthusiastic speedway follower despite its continued downturn in public popularity with the younger of us.

People like you and maybe one or two others need to keep encouraging people like me to come on to this kind of forum in order to keep debates/opinion/comments going. Why shouldn't we get excited in anticipation of which rider might be next announced. That's what keeps these forum worthwhile visiting.

For every sensible post there is always someone on these forums who just can't help themselves with some half ar**ed comment such as people being bored and having dull lives.

Can you imagine if these people had to live with a professional system such as that employed by the Poles and Swedes who have moved light years ahead of the UK in how they plan/run and organise their speedway. Heaven forbid that the UK tries to organise its transfer system similar to these guys. Yes it would all be over in say 2/4 weeks but is that really so bad ??. At least its sorted, done and dusted. The leading speedway nations obviously make it work and make it work successfully.

Anyway advanced apologies for tainting this forum with the comments, but this is not the way to attract new contributors to get involved in debate. Trying to guess/anticipate/rumour/get excited about riders you would like to see in your team is part and parcel of forum involvement is it not ??

So more comparisons with the 'well run' Swedish and Polish leagues?! Whilst they tend to have rules that get them to announce their teams earlier, they still have to obtain a licence to operate in the coming season, based on their financial outcome of the immediate past season and their financial projections for the next season based on the costs of who they have signed.

I've absolutely no objection to teams being announced by Christmas - as a 'treat' for the fans, or however the clubs want to spin it?! This time 2 years ago the AGM was only just taking place!!

Anyway back to the thread - a Good Friday home and away fixture for Pirates v Rebels looks on the cards according to 'Media Matt' today. Poole at 1100 and Somerset at 1930 hrs.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

With KK not announced at Coventry, I would suggest that all roads go to Poole for him??

With KK not announced at Coventry, I would suggest that all roads go to Poole for him??

yes your probably right would not be my choice will it make us little top heavy

So more comparisons with the 'well run' Swedish and Polish leagues?! Whilst they tend to have rules that get them to announce their teams earlier, they still have to obtain a licence to operate in the coming season, based on their financial outcome of the immediate past season and their financial projections for the next season based on the costs of who they have signed.

I've absolutely no objection to teams being announced by Christmas - as a 'treat' for the fans, or however the clubs want to spin it?! This time 2 years ago the AGM was only just taking place!!

Anyway back to the thread - a Good Friday home and away fixture for Pirates v Rebels looks on the cards according to 'Media Matt' today. Poole at 1100 and Somerset at 1930 hrs.

Fantastic! Pencilled in already and a treat of a day with two huge crowds if the weathers ok.

The meeting might be on a heavy traffic day but its easy to avoid any motorways from Poole to Somerset.

That will be a great Bank Holiday meeting quite like old times Exeter v Poole home & away

• Like 1

Would imagine after how good he was last year that Poole will recall him this year

So presumably

KK

Hans

Kurtz

Holder

Starke

Newman

Whoever else fits

So presumably

KK

Hans

Kurtz

Holder

Starke

Newman

Whoever else fits

No Starke because he won't fit in with his average. I imagine Ellis perks and then rider number 6 is the mystery rider.Aka one none of us can predict.

No Starke because he won't fit in with his average. I imagine Ellis perks and then rider number 6 is the mystery rider.Aka one none of us can predict.

Either that, or no KK.

All riders have been predicted. The team was actually listed by someone several days ago.

• Like 1