British Speedway Forum

Pooles troubles all stem from signing KK..................everyone knew he wasnt an out and out number one and its come back on Poole quite hard.

You never know time the play offs come round Tai might be available........at least that way Poole might get within touching distance of Wolves over 2 legs!

Poole have never been loyal to any rider..........ask Mark Loram!

But then again what do Poole fans want? A winning team that could win the league ..........or being a team that makes up the numbers but retains the same riders all the time. Its perfectly clear that Matt Ford wants the former ............and loyalty isnt in his vocabulary.

Poole have been ruthless for years under MF, it works as league titles show.

Poole fans can't expect loyalty and a winning team. It just don't work.

Grow up. You only wanted Newman to stay so we would end up struggling week in week out.

You ain't smelled the coffee yet clearly. KK will soon be back to save your season. :rolleyes:

Lets be perfectly honest here - Newman hasnt really got much better for a long time now. Was used as a fast track reserve for way too long and gone completely stale. Also very injury prone. And in the main body of the team is struggling hugely.

Matt ford is ruthless but wants a winning side. Nothing wrong with that.

Look how poor Newman has been in the second tier for ipswich, quite a few of their fans want shot of him as well.

I was one of those who thought KK would excel at Poole this year, it hasnt gone to plan and Ford should be looking to replace him for good now. Zengota isnt the answer. What average would Nicki P come back on? Been awful in the gp but id still fancy him to bang the points in every week at this level. Now he has no chance of being a world champion again he may fancy topping up his pay packet in the uk. Still a top rider in the leagues.

Matt Ford has been loyal to Newman for over five years and in all fairness he hasnt improved that much, he still hasnt held down a number one berth in the second tier has he.

no wonder people walk away from speedway kyle was has good as any of the other two riders mention a lot will not be happy with this lets hope kyle comes back and bites matt bum :t:

Not literally, i hope!

Don't want to annoy another Holder!

No idea why you would want to get rid of Jack Holder

no wonder people walk away from speedway kyle was has good as any of the other two riders mention a lot will not be happy with this lets hope kyle comes back and bites matt bum :t:

He may well be back to bite Matt Ford but could also be back to ride for Poole.

No idea why you would want to get rid of Jack Holder

He may well be back to bite Matt Ford but could also be back to ride for Poole.

do you think that Paul starke going score much more than Kyle can't see it myself

do you think that Paul starke going score much more than Kyle can't see it myself

Starkey will need to hit the ground running, with the depth of feeling running very high wilth Kyle being dropped.

• Like 1

Starkey will need to hit the ground running, with the depth of feeling running very high wilth Kyle being dropped.

Have just this thread and have to agree with you re the highlighted above.

I know Kyle has been struggling a bit and I know MF can be ruthless, but if I were a Poole fan I wouldn't be happy with this change.

Kyle has been a loyal and match winning performer for the Pirates on a number of occasions..

• Like 1

Newman has been probably the most important member of the Poole team these past years, especially when riding in that FTS (Fast track System). He accrued more points in those playoff finals that most of his elite teammates...

This is how he is repaid....... :nono::nono:

• Like 2

Have just this thread and have to agree with you re the highlighted above.

I know Kyle has been struggling a bit and I know MF can be ruthless, but if I were a Poole fan I wouldn't be happy with this change.

Kyle has been a loyal and match winning performer for the Pirates on a number of occasions..

He does, but he always seems to find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. He could come back to bite us.

Edited by Starman2006

Ford shows that he does not quite understand how some of the Poole fans feel alot will be unhappy with this move.I like Starke but in the top five it is a tough ask for him i feel for Newman not a wise move in my book by the Poole promotion.

• Like 2

This is the same Starke who was dropped by Somerset because he wasn't scoring very well in their 1-5.

I would have stuck with Newman for now as Poole should make the playoffs. The time for changes should be before the end of July.

Poole fans better hope that Klindt is back sharpish though.

Seems odd to me. Kyle Newman has been the play off hero for Poole. He's one of those riders who cares about their team and pulls out all the stops when it's needed most.

Seems a bizarre move to me. Kyle's never going to set the world alight but then nor are most of our "premier" league.

• Like 1

So last years play off heroes Kyle and Adam both shafted by MF.

He's losing it, his days have passed.

It has been proved letting Ellis go was the right decision and so is letting Newman go, I very much doubt we have seen the last of Newman in Pirates colours.

Disappointed in this move to be honest. Watched Kyle at Belle Vue on Friday have a brilliant 5-1 ride to beat Fricke. He is not race fit but has been on the pace since his return. Often the difference between winning a heat and ending up last is no more than being in the wrong place coming off the second bend. Kyles on the pace and putting it about. Harsh by Matt here.

Could perhaps understand it more is Kyle was being replaced by a rider guarenteed to bang in more points but....Starke? With all due respect I don't think swapping out Kyle for Starke is going to improve the teams scoring.

And having watched Gomolski every Sunday in Poland he is now riding lower league and not exactly setting it on fire. Artur Mrozcka a far better scorer and on form. But who would he replace anyway?

• Like 2