British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

Advance Notice of Road Closures.

Judging by the signs around the Foxhall area, there are 2 sets of roadworks that may affect people travelling to and from the stadium.

Foxhall Road junction with A12 to Dobbs Lane - closed over night from 7pm for re-surfacing, staring 13th October.

Bell Lane junction with Foxhall Road to 182 Bell Lane (looks like this includes the Bell Lane stadium entrance) - closed from 10th October for water main works.

Information from https://roadworks.org/ with a search for Ipswich District Suffolk, 10th to 20th October

So it 'looks' like only the main stadium entrance will be available for the this meeting. I'll post any updates nearer the time.

Sounds like fun and great timing from the council may I say!

Sounds like fun and great timing from the council may I say!

Waited till after the banger racing at least!!

• Like 1

Waited till after the banger racing at least!!

Probably because the 'bangers' get big crowds :D

You gracing the OTA on Friday Blu?

The place will be heaving for the banger finals it always is, I've been before and you need to get there early for a decent seat.

Speaking of which, the official capacity of Foxhall used to be about 10,000 before they put the back straight stands up and they added about 1,800 so if we could get the Speedway track to be a better racing surface as promised by Chris Louis over the winter maybe Ipswich could potentially be a venue for one of the bigger individual or team tournaments in the not too distant future.

Just a thought as most Speedway tracks in the uk cannot accommodate anywhere near as many people. And yes before its asked many thousands attend the big stock car events without issues.

Also just read on the Elite playoff thread that even the National stadium in Manchester only holds 6,000.

Edited by Super Blue

I can only remember 1 of the so called bigger events at foxhall, and that was elite league pairs, and wow what a rubbish meeting that was.

Maybe it's because the club don't make any money from food and drinks and stuff, that it's just not worth their while.

Witches in with a real shout in this semi final , the wheels are definitely coming off the Somerset wagon .

• Like 1

You gracing the OTA on Friday Blu?

Unfortunately not English, i'm down in Sandwich for a couple of days golfing on the links. Updates in the bar for me...

Witches in with a real shout in this semi final , the wheels are definitely coming off the Somerset wagon .

2 riders out ,one with low form,one carrying a knock,you may get the better of us in this ,but we will keep fighting all the way,we aren't done yet fella.would like to see witches win league if we don't all the same. Edited by coomie
  • Like 2

Thanks coomie. Lets just hope there are no more injuries suffered by either side.

(Still trying to work out if this a First Leg Thread, a Second Leg Thread, an Overall Thread or just a general chit chat Thread...)

Thanks coomie. Lets just hope there are no more injuries suffered by either side.

(Still trying to work out if this a First Leg Thread, a Second Leg Thread, an Overall Thread or just a general chit chat Thread...)

It's the tickly bit of these season , of course the rest of us are going to take an interest in meetings that wouldn't normally concern us .

• Like 1

It's the tickly bit of these season , of course the rest of us are going to take an interest in meetings that wouldn't normally concern us .

Totally agreed my friend. And very happy for others to offer an opinion, etc. just not actually sure whether this is the one and only Thread for the Play Off Semi Final between Somerset and Ipswich or whether there will be a separate one started for each Meeting.

In my opinion, Ipswich will lose by Eight at the OTA and win by Sixteen or more at Foxhall - that's not getting splinters in my ass. Slainte.

Personally, I expect Somerset to come back strong. They've been the best team for the majority of the season and will be smarting after exiting the KO Cup. It'll be close, but I think Somerset will win on aggregate.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Just chill and go with the flow macca.

I didnt have you down as one that rigidedly sticks to a topic anyway.... wink

• Like 1