British Speedway Forum

Great meeting yesterday, and a well deserved spot in the final for Russia. It was a team effort, and who would have guessed after Laguta got banned and Doyle was back in the mix? Not me, for sure. Latvia also provided some good racing, and also happy for Becker on his last run. Good to see such enjoyment of winning a heat:)

Looking forward to tonight. Should be some good heats in there:)

• Like 1

OK, maybe Leszno is better than Kings Lynn, but no where near as good as Vastervik where pretty much every heat was contested. There'll be at least 12 processional heats tonight.

We've had this sort of rubbish on here all week, this team's crap, that track's crap, it's all going to end in misery etc etc.

Is it really worth bothering at all if you feel so despondent about it, why not go to the pub, or watch some inane Saturday night tv. If I thought a film was going to be rubbish I wouldn't bloody watch it.

Just sayin...

• Like 5

Win a medal or not I am confident that the Team GB riders will put on a show and race for every available point. It's thrilling racing that most supporters are eager to see. We should get that.

• Like 2

Like Nichols said in the studio Batch should have just rode a steady race for 3 rd if that was the tactic.The joker should be dropped IMO .I pointed out earlier the Latvians and Russians "helped " each other on Tue as well.The Latvian outgated Doyle and did nothing wrong though.They were all very competitive heats.

I suppose we have to assume his 'orders' were to go for the win initially, he was chasing hard for most of the race, 3rd place rider was so far behind that Batchelor had to take such drastic action to slow and let him through, leaves a sour taste as it does every time you see that caper happening, completely unsporting. I just hope our lads aren't in a position to be able to gain from something similar tonight.

• Like 1

When a rider , in this case Batchelor, drops a point on purpose then not only should he be disqualified from the race but he should be fined heavily for bringing the sport in to disrepute

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 2

So g lagutas test was 4 weeks ago. Any link between failing that and him not being given a wildcard for the gp challenge in Russia? Some early information leakage while waiting for b sample testing?

We've had this sort of rubbish on here all week, this team's crap, that track's crap, it's all going to end in misery etc etc.

Is it really worth bothering at all if you feel so despondent about it, why not go to the pub, or watch some inane Saturday night tv. If I thought a film was going to be rubbish I wouldn't bloody watch it.

Just sayin...

No need to be like that, just saying it as I saw it. Vastervik was an absolute celebration of speedway and it's a mystery why so many other tracks are so poor. I hope tonight is equally fantastic, but the Leszno track staff need to work harder. Maybe all tracks need banking?

Are people really complaining about the racing in the place off and the leszno track? Seriously?

Not as good as the meeting in Sweden, but how many are? . Thought the play off was an excellent meeting and hopefully tonight is too

• Like 5

These people that complain regarding track and passing etc don't seem to take into account standard between riders on most occasions IMO

• Like 1

I just hope that playing those silly "jokers" do spoil the meeting tonight. Just seems wrong if a team gets to the top without playing the joker gets beaten by a just point by a team that does. In my opinion this "jokers" should be removed from all race meetings, if a team gets behind by 6 points then so be it, why should they be able to get bonus points to catch up?

Edited by mike1944
  • Like 1

I just hope that playing those silly "jokers" do spoil the meeting tonight. Just seems wrong if a team gets to the top without playing the joker gets beaten by a just point from a team that does. In my opinion this "jokers" should be removed from all race meetings, if a team gets behind by 6 points then so be it, why should they be able to get bonus points to catch up?

I don't think you'll find an argument to that on here, unfortunately the clowns that run the sport still seem to think it's a great idea. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

I just hope that playing those silly "jokers" do spoil the meeting tonight. Just seems wrong if a team gets to the top without playing the joker gets beaten by a just point from a team that does. In my opinion this "jokers" should be removed from all race meetings, if a team gets behind by 6 points then so be it, why should they be able to get bonus points to catch up?

quite agree ... Just like the TR rule now and the old TS was :nono: