British Speedway Forum

You should have taken them to a Colts meeting, that would have cost £15

Why £15? Are you trying to rip your mates off and make £5 profit out of them?

You should have taken them to a Colts meeting, that would have cost £15 (or around £18 if you insist on adding £3 when trying to tempt your mates along).

The colts I would suggest could actually make some profits!

£10 for an adult and a teenager up to age 18 was great value for money. (not £15)...

In the comfy seats too!!

Crowds of about 500 which wasn't too shabby..

To sit in the same seating at a BV EL meeting, would have been £33 quid for me and the son and heir...

Nowhere near the same value for money sadly...

Admittedly you would get to see Danny King, Rohan Tungate and Paddy Hougarrd ride most weeks for 'various teams'. The lesser spotted Max Fricke however would have been a rarer sighting...😁

But at least on a par with Dan Bewleys appearances pre his injury..😁

Edited by mikebv

Everyone will want Fricke the rest are all over priced though. Bewley for 15k ahahahha. More like 5 still.

Dan Bewley must be on every promoters want list

• Like 1

The Colts meetings were excellent value and also plenty of entertaining racing once the Colts got used to the track.

I do hope the Colts are back under the new promotion.

Far better to watch than the"elite" league..
  • Like 1

Far better to watch than the"elite" league..

Yes they were a pleasure to watch, but so were the Aces, perhaps the new promotion can come up with a season ticket that takes in both teams.

Yes they were a pleasure to watch, but so were the Aces, perhaps the new promotion can come up with a season ticket that takes in both teams.

They did last year so I do not see why not ?

Edited by KIRKYLANE

None of the establish promotions have yet to sign Fricke or Bewley, and except for Kings Lynn most have already shown their hand, and they seem to be inclined in reducing Holders average so the cut throats benefit in 2018. I suspect both will be on the cards for the BSPAces@NSSManchester

Cooke

Worrall

Worrall

Fricke

Bewley

A combined Colts and Storm team confirmed in National league not to keen on this idea but looking on the possitive side.If the colts are anounced as running then the Aces must be running no promoter is just going to run half a dozen Nat league meetings so i am taking this as dam good news.

Why can't the Colts and the Storm ride all meetings at the NSS. Horton has said several times that the Storm are not financially viable at Coventry.

Maybe its just a way of two promotions sharing any financial risk?!

Edited by Skidder1

Why can't the Colts and the Storm ride all meetings at the NSS. Horton has said several times that the Storm are not financially viable at Coventry.

Maybe its just a way of two promotions sharing any financial risk?!

I guess they are both keen on running Friday nights so with the top level now having more meetings it might be a struggle to fit a full NL season in.

From that I'm even more baffled why you kept The Colts a secret from your mates?

Didnt....

Told them though that it was 'The juniors', not the lads you see on the TV hence the price...

Told them that for a tenner you couldn't go wrong....

One of them suggested his lad would want to go so I took him along, he said he enjoyed it....

Asked him did he want to go again a couple of weeks later as me and my lad were planning to go ...

He didnt..

And didn't attend any other meetings, I got bored of asking him after about three times..

Plenty of people know Speedway exists (many hundreds of thousands used to go didn't they?)

Unfortunately not many want to watch it nowadays...

Even at a ten pound entry level....

Sad but reality...

Didnt....

Told them though that it was 'The juniors', not the lads you see on the TV hence the price...

One of them suggested his lad would want to go so I took him along, he said he enjoyed it....

Asked him did he want to go again a couple of weeks later as me and my lad were planning to go ...

He didnt..

And didn't attend any other meetings, I got bored of asking him after about three times..

Plenty of people know Speedway exists (many hundreds of thousands used to go didn't they?)

Unfortunately not many want to watch it nowadays...

Even at a ten pound entry level....

Sad but reality...

Hey, we don't need this Merchant of Doom stuff!

Pull your self together, get a grip, man up.

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life.....

200_s.gif

• Like 1

Didnt....

He didnt..

And didn't attend any other meetings, I got bored of asking him after about three times...........

And yet your wife has quite the sparkle in her eye and she has bought you and your son season tickets for Christmas!!!

Think you've done your bit.

And yet your wife has quite the sparkle in her eye and she has bought you and your son season tickets for Christmas!!!

Think you've done your bit.

Hope not....

It will be my money she has used!!!😁

• Like 1