British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue have a better chance of attracting GP riders than anyone else in Britain. That track and ease of transport to Manchester. I'm sure Holder and the likes would consider it.

I think Cook will continue to improve. Would be reluctant to get rid of either Worral . Probably need to free up Nicholls points.

Lindgren would be a coup. Not sure about Lambert but if he took to it he has the potential to add two to his average.

They did. At home to Kings Lynn.

Steve since Poole got knock out you have constantly posted crap on Belle vue threads to the point where you have become Belle vue's Gavin.

Kettle pot black etc.

Now he's back i hope he keeps you ocupied on the Poole thread.

• Like 2

ABS, on 06 Oct 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:snapback.png

Seems to have got himself/his equipment sorted out in the last few weeks. Looks dialed in at the NSS now, so probably worth another shot. Scotty would be bettered served away from NSS - even when he's scored good points at home, he's not looked impressive.

As someone who has no mechanical knowledge I used to hear a lot of set up problems were down to the need to 'kill' the engine speed.
As a layman I would have thought its easier to get a bike going @ NSS with pure speed/power than the likes of Wolves, Lakeside, Arlington (going back in time there!) where the corners are much harsher.
Seems odd to me that Nicholls struggles at home tbh

That's because at the smaller and tighter tracks, the bike makes less difference and the skill of the rider is more important. It's always a balance but a flat out track is easier to ride than one where accurate throttle control and balance are necessary - this is a generalisation but you could put a really good rider on a juniors bike and he'd win races at the smaller tracks - no chance on a big one where the pace of the bike will be too much of a disadvantage.

ease of transport to Manchester.

Have you ever driven to Manchester from the South of England? Obviously not, it is less than 60 miles from where I live yet it always takes at least 2, more often 3 hours. The M6 & M56 are absolutely useless.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

Have you ever driven to Manchester from the South of England? Obviously not, it is less than 60 miles from where I live yet it always takes at last 2, more often 3 hours. The M6 & M56 are absolutely useless.

Yes and usually it is a pain in the rear end.

They should have built the track somewhere else :lol:, would love a track like that at Swindon.

Edited by A ORLOV

Yes but he wasn't asked any questions he took the mic and conducted his own interview.

Zagar did that at Swindon on a few occasions whilst riding for other clubs , something he appears to enjoy doing!

Have you ever driven to Manchester from the South of England? Obviously not, it is less than 60 miles from where I live yet it always takes at least 2, more often 3 hours. The M6 & M56 are absolutely useless.

why use that way then try a quieter route

Steve since Poole got knock out you have constantly posted crap on Belle vue threads to the point where you have become Belle vue's Gavin.

Kettle pot black etc.

Now he's back i hope he keeps you ocupied on the Poole thread.

I don't agree. Shov generally posts some good stuff. Provocative? Yes! On the wind up? Without a doubt. A slight blue tint to his posts? Definitely! He often catches more than a tiddler in that big fishing net of his too.

Shov is very knowledgeable about this sport. But he loves getting under people's skin. Trust me, I've known him since he was a teenager!!

• Like 1

That's because at the smaller and tighter tracks, the bike makes less difference and the skill of the rider is more important. It's always a balance but a flat out track is easier to ride than one where accurate throttle control and balance are necessary - this is a generalisation but you could put a really good rider on a juniors bike and he'd win races at the smaller tracks - no chance on a big one where the pace of the bike will be too much of a disadvantage.

I get that 100% but I wouldn't have thought that after a season of knowing whats required at NSS that he'd have trouble finding a bike with the requisite power?

I mean others seem to have coped better, even Jacobs looked better

No, I'm in Scotchland.

I realise it's grim up North but I can guarantee you Manchester has it's own international airport.

I disagree, Its all about set ups and starting on the small ones

Zagar, Cooke, Worralls & Jacobs. Who else fits? I assume Jacobs is an ELDR, Worralls will come in on their PL average halved.

R.Worrall will be on his current EL average as he wasn't an EDR.

R.Worrall will be on his current EL average as he wasn't an EDR.

So should Steve & the rest of the reserves or some will definitely keep their Premier League average low.

I think that has already happened anyway & why Premier League teams sign them knowing that is madness.

Lindgren would be a coup. Not sure about Lambert but if he took to it he has the potential to add two to his average.

Can't see Lindgren riding for another British team unless Wolves say they don't want him - which is extremely unlikely to say the least.

• Like 1